Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield - Bakersfield, CA

• Full-time Activity Director
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Post-Operative Care
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • Free Wifi
  • Personal care
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • 100+ years combined experience caring for seniors
  • Personalized care plans
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene

Review of Pacifica Senior Living of Bakersfield - Bakersfield, CA

We like the smaller community. Staff seems very friendly and residents seem happy and content. I understand rooms will be refurbished as they come available but I did notice the yellowed vents (bathroom) and wall switches. Mini blinds should be upgraded.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We will share your comments with the team. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

I appreciate the caring and personal help of everyone at Pacifica. Everyone has been gracious, thoughtful and attentive to phil. We chose Pacifica, because it is the best place in town! Other places we have tried were way too impersonal and weaning. We are so glad we found Pacifica!

Pacifica Senior Living

Wow, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us!

The staff is all so friendly and helpful. Always willing to help my mom [Removed]. Everything is always so clean. My mom is always clean.
The food is really good. The staff in kitchen are so helpful.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Pacifica staff are friendly and treat their residents like their own family. Every time I visit my residents (patients) they are clean and well groomed. Will definitely recommend this facility to our friends and family.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

My 93-year-old grandmother lives at Pacifica. She loves it and we love it too. Her apartment is a perfect size and she enjoys having a space that is all her own. The staff is wonderful and the common areas are always clean and decorated for each season. We especially enjoy the special events they include for families – like the valentine’s dance and Christmas door decorating contest.

Pacifica Senior Living

I love Pacifica Senior Living! My mother started living in assisted living and was later moved to memory care. They knew just when to move her, and Pacifica took wonderful care of her until she passed.
We recently relocated my mother-in-law here from the Bay Area. Her transition has gone smoothy and she’s very happy here. I recommend Pacifica highly!

Pacifica Senior Living

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

Great, friendly, helpful personnel.
Clean well-maintained facility.
Food is very good and healthy.
Medical personnel very responsive.
Lots of activities for residents.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything more we can do!

Over all the treatment of my mother has been wonderful. Staff are observant and notify us when there are concerns. There have been times when communications among staff have not occurred causing discrepancies on the care of my mother.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are more than happy to help! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

Our mom is very comfortable at Pacifica. She loves participating in the daily activities and loves her room. The care givers are great!

Pacifica Senior Living

Staff is very caring. Community is clean and well kept! Food is good, cookies are great!

Pacifica Senior Living

I have been visiting Pacifica for several months now and I love it! The staff is so compassionate, kind and in tune with their patients. They are aware of their patients’ needs and have good communication with our staff. We appreciate you, Pacifica!

Pacifica Senior Living

We're glad you had a wonderful experience with us and we thank you for sharing your positive experience! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

I really enjoy coming to see my pt here staff is always helpful with me to transfer my pts.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you.

I did tour multiple facilities before deciding on Pacifica for mom. I knew immediately that this was the place for her. Other facilities appeared clean, safe, nice. But Pacifica felt like home. Mom absolutely loves it here and loves the amazing and loving employees and I do too.

Pacifica Senior Living

A friendly atmosphere every time I come visit this facility. The residents are always busy and so happy. They make you feel like family.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

This facility makes you feel like family the moment you walk in. The residents are always happy and involved in activities. The employee are awesome!

Pacifica Senior Living

My mother in law [Removed] lives here (since 7/2017) before moving here she wouldn’t eat much or take any needed meals. She now does both and socializes with other residents.
There have been wonderful staff and I would like to say that hands down [Removed] is an absolute asset to memory care. She truly cares about and knows her residents.
There was an issue not specific to my mother in law involving 2 staff and although I’m disappointed they are working with the residents, I trust [Removed] completely to resolve any issues.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. We love what we do and we agree with you. We have a fantastic team and will stay on top of all issues. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience.

I am blessed for being here at Pacifica Senior Living. I appreciate the med techs and all the care givers. The med techs and care givers are very caring and loving. Thank you med techs and care givers.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it and we will share your positive comments with the team. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything comes up. We hope that you have a wonderful day.

I have complete confidence in Pacifica Senior Living. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I am glad I chose Pacifica Senior Living for my mom and dad.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

The employees are efficient angels. My [Removed] is well cared for. I love the patients and employees.

Pacifica Senior Living

I work for hospice and my father-in-law lives at Pacifica. All of the staff are always willing to help.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield (AL). We're happy we could meet your expectations!

My Dad lived in AL and mover to Memory Care, the patience, compassion, and love they provide him is irreplaceable. Dad is always clean and happy.

Pacifica Senior Living

We love reviews like yours! Thank you for sharing! You made our day today~ Please let us know if we can be of any service in the future! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up.

My great grandma live in Memory Care. She loves all of the staff and they always take time with her when she is upset and wants to talk. Mema loves the homelike meals and the building always smells good.

Pacifica Senior Living

Caring, great community feeling.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Great networking lunch. Beautiful people!! Beautiful community!!

Pacifica Senior Living

Pacifica offers a friendly, comfortable, compassionate atmosphere for residents.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We appreciate your referrals and we are honored to be working with you. Have a wonderful day.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Great place and staff takes awesome care of the parents. Provided plenty of activities to residents.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review, we are thrilled to hear tha tyou feel this way. Thank you so much for sharing!

THE PERFECT PLACE

This is such a homey place and the people are so caring they go out of their way to make the resident fill like family. This is where I would go. THANKS

Transitioning from Living Alone to Assisted Living

My mother was very sad to leave her apartment where she had lived for 17 years on her own; but at age 96, after a fall resulting in a broken hip, it was determined she could no longer live alone. That's when I contacted Pacifica. Having known of the facility for 15 years and of their consistent excellent reputation, I moved her in directly after her hospital rehabilitation stay.

Mom is a retired nurse, so she is very critical of care, and I am happy to report that after 3 months of residing at Pacifica, she is singing their praises!

Transition and adjustment is not easy for many seniors, but the staff at Pacifica seem to have just the right balance of caring and professionalism, which makes the residents feel "at home"; safe and secure. The facility is very clean and comfortable, with lots of activities for the residents to enjoy.

The staff is very willing to discuss and address any concerns, and they are always readily available to do so. I live only a few minutes away and visit almost daily, so I am always witnessing the staff and operation in action. When I am not there with her I am never worried because I know she is in good hands.

My mother is thriving, and I couldn't be more pleased!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5-star review. We appreciate it! You and your mother are in the right place, we are an outstanding community and will take excellent care of her.
Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Caring Enviroment

Pacifica Bakersfield was an excellent choice for my mother.
The facility was always clean and the staff was very friendly and caring. My mother was treated with dignity and respect while she was there. I would highly recommend Pacifica to a family looking for a safe and caring memory care facility.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it!

good overall

I had my mother on the waiting list for Pacifica Senior Living of Bakersfield since last November. In early April she fell and broke her hip while we were still on the waiting list. A bedroom then became open, and they were fantastic at accommodating her and getting her moved in. At first she was moved in to the memory care facility as that was the only room they had available. She has since moved to the other side and there are some challenges with some of the staff there. I am trusting that it will work out in time.

A word of thanks for the great care given our parents that also benefited our family.

From start to finish, Pacifica Senior Living of Bakersfield was the right choice, not just for our parents, but also for the rest of our family. Our parents never intended on leaving the home they lived in for nearly 60 years, so when Dad admitted they needed help it was no small matter. After researching multiple options and considering what we felt was most needed for them: 1. A smaller facility that would give them the extra attention our parents needed--both medically and personally. 2. Offered good food, a varied menu and didn't have that "institutional" smell so many facilities have. 3. Had staff who enjoyed and appreciated older people as they encouraged them, to get out of their room by interacting with others as well as take advantage of the numerous outings that were available. 4. Would do what they could to keep our family "in the loop" when needs or problems arose, be it medical, social or physical. 5. That it would be a welcoming environment for visitors to come and go.

Pacifica Senior Living provided all of that and much, much more. In fact, the biggest benefit we saw within the first couple of months was a great improvement in their physical health. Enjoying good, healthy meals and getting their medications on time and in the right dosage made a huge difference for them. Also, we saw vast improvement in how they interacted with others as well as with each other. What we realized later was that living on their own--increasingly isolated from the world around them--had resulted in them becoming almost combative in their interactions with other people as well as their family. The good environment and patience of the staff who served and worked with them, brought back the kinder, gentler side of our parents. That brought about healing in relationships, which I believe was the greatest gift to our family.

Pacifica Senior Living of Bakersfield was definitely the best choice for our parents as well as for our family. I always enjoyed walking into the smell of good food being prepared in the kitchen or the clean sent of laundry being taken care of. We could not recommend it more highly.

Mom's Place

My sister and I toured 4 senior communities in Bakersfield looking for a suitable residence for our mom who could no longer live alone, didn't want to live with either of her daughters and was resistant to moving.

We immediately liked Pacifica Senior Living. The first thing we noticed was the brightness of the facility. We also noticed the residents sitting in common areas visiting with each other. The Community Director, Ailey, was very friendly and reassuring about the move. The Activity Director, Carol, was energetic and obviously enjoyed her job.

The rooms were sized about the same as the other communities, but seemed to be brighter. The layout of the facility made it easy to navigate and less confusing.

We also liked that they didn't immediately assume that Mom needed memory care if though we informed Ailey that Mom had diagnosed age-related dementia. She told us they rarely moved someone directly to memory care. They prefer to assess a person over time to see how they can best take care of them. This was a contrast to the other communities.

Moving day was stressful, but Ailey and the staff were, beyond expectation, reassuring and helpful. Mom really liked it there which was a huge relief to my sister and me. The only negative comment she ever made was about the food. She thought it too bland, but she wasn't losing weight so we knew she was eating healthy.

We were very happy with the attention and care she received and would recommend Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield for assisted living.

Looked at 5 places and I'm pleased th...

Looked at 5 places and I'm pleased that the right place was Pacifica for my mom. No regrets

So kind to all of us my mom will be c...

So kind to all of us my mom will be cared for very well. They have given us such piece of mind knowing my mom is safe and well cared for. They truely love what they do.

Best in Bakerfield

We liked Pacifica best out of all in that area. It was really nice, recently remodeled and seemed really nice.
The grounds were very nice, it was a small area since it's more or less in the city. If we would have moved Mom to Bakersfield this is where we would have gone.

Lots of remodeling going on...

Lots of remodeling going on. Nice apartments.

Good Community

They are currently doing some upgrading and remodeling so you will have to look beyond that right now. They were the best price for what they had to offer. We went to visit it after A Place for Mom recommended it and we liked it. It was within out budget and was a smaller community. With it being smaller it provides a more home like feeling and does not feel overwhelming for our loved one. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Ailey and staff very nice but was a l...

Ailey and staff very nice but was a little disapointed in the layout of semiprivate room. They also will be doing a major remodel/renovation this spring and didn't want mom to have to deal with all the odors,noise etc. Also smelled like urine but I am sure that would have been remedied with the updating. (new carpet)

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well-trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents.Specialized Memory Care for individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and memory loss issues. (Respite Care available.) Our community creates a customized service and assistance plan for each resident with a variety of therapies and life enrichment activities. Complimentary scheduled transportation, medication management, daily housekeeping and more!