Not what one would hope

What isn’t asked here is:

*Fulfillment of contracted services
*Honesty and compassion of nursing staff
*Quality and enjoyability of meals
*Intellectual programs and outlets
*Level of theft from patient rooms
*Administrative oversight of onsite staff

My wife is, sadly, a tenant here. While we have to give rave reviews for the kindness and selfless efforts of the under-trained and underpaid staff, we would have to give the above categories failing grades.

*Many of the daily requirements for patient room care are totally ignored. Her guests wash her dishes and make her bed.

*The staff nurse is totally lacking in empathy or compassion and has only a vague relationship with the truth. Her lies and misrepresentations are legendary among staff and patients

*most meals are poorly received by the diners... Salami sandwiches are not appropriate nighttime fare for the elderly. Clearly, the meals are planned with a financial objective rather than nutritional.

*tenants are warehoused here. There is no sense of community or an attempt to help tenants of similar awareness and abilities interact. Meal seating is ‘assigned’ as though tenants are kindergarteners.

*theft from tenant apartments is rampant. Not unexpected from a minimal wage staff but definitely controllable with appropriate effort and background checks.

*local administration is either lacking or indifferent. No one from a ‘modern’ country wd accept lukewarm water, subpar food, and dirty dishes as acceptable for anyone in their care.

In a nutshell - not somewhere you want your loved ones to be.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints about how things had went for my tour at this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought the overall experience was pleasant it was just not the right location for our family in the end decision.

We felt very bested

After his stay at Hawks Ridge, my brother is back living his in own apt. They were wonderful too and for my brother who came there in a wheel chair and left walking with a cane. They made sure that he got PT while he was there and because my brother still needs some help with his medications due to his diabetes and heart conditions they worked with him on that before he left as well.
They supplied transportation to for his doctor appointments and even took him to the ER when he had a kidney stone.
My brother really liked the food and going to the dining room.
There were lots of activites, something everyday including shopping, teas and special holiday events, music, and sunday services for those who wanted to attend.
Hawks Ridge was just around the corner from my work so I got to visit often and when my brother was leaving we were all crying because of his amazing care and they loved him being there so much. We felt very bested that he was there at Hawks Ridge.

Frontier Management

Thanks for the feedback. We strive to provide the absolute best care to our residents at Hawks Ridge. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Very happy with the care at this community. My friend is happy with all the meals that are available to him. A great range of activities to choose from when wanting to participate with others. The staff is excellent and very attentive and helpful with everything he needs. Highly recommended.

Frontier Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to hear that your friend is happy at Hawks Ridge and that our staff are excellent and attentive. We work hard to ensure our resident care and senior living experience is one of the best offered in the Hood River area. Your recommendation is one of the best compliments we could receive. Thank you for letting us know how we're doing!

Well situated facility

The facility is very well situated. They offer plenty of activities there. I have nothing but positive feedback to provide about this facility.

extremely helpful

The people at Hawks Ridge were quite friendly when we visited the first time. They are aggressively helpful, and I mean that in a good way. Very proactive in making sure things are taken care of.

The only area of improvement I can think of is that my mom has made some comments about the food not always being to her taste. Not that it's bad though.

It is also very easy to get a hold of anyone when we have any questions.

Surrounded by mountains and the scent of orchard blooms, Hawks Ridge Assisted Living Community in the Columbia River Gorge offers the lifestyle that’s just right for you. In proximity to Mount Hood, the tallest mountain in Oregon, this peaceful and pastoral community is an ideal place to call home. Featuring Assisted Living, Hawks Ridge provides a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future.