Loved this community!

My family toured the Regency House for my Dad. The Sales Leader, Assistant Manager and other staff were amazing, personable, professional and welcoming. The community spaces are nice, and comfortable with lots of light. The outdoor area was spacious and peaceful. The apartments were extremely large, clean and well appointed. I have toured other facilities and the square footage of the resident's apartments do no compare! Everyone that we met was extremely friendly and took the time to chat with us and learn about our loved one. After the tour the sales leader came out to visit my dad several times to bring him lunch from the facility and to check on him. He loved the meals and said they were delicious! Thank you very much! The Regency House is a special place with exceptional people. They have a great location in an upward developing area in Decatur It is close to the Atlanta VA clinic, Dekalb Medical, plenty of shopping, restaurants, and Decatur square. I would highly recommend the Regency House as a consideration for your loved one.

Great Place to Live

I made an appt. with the sales person there, and had my mom moving in within 2 weeks! This facility understands the different issues our elderly loved ones may have, and makes everything as easy as possible for the residents to life fulfilling lives while still in a caring enviorment.

My mother has greatly improved by living in this community and has made a lot of friends. I visit her a least once a week and have gotten to know a lot of the staff, and everyone always says hello to me when I visit, and tell me how my mom is doing.

The residents also look out for each other - which I love! Every time I go to take mom out for a while, they all tell me to make sure I bring her back. :)

This facility is clean, has great food, and a lot of activities to participate in if someone wants to do so. They even have live music and holiday events on a regular basis.

One of a kind!

My mother has resided at The Regency House for 4 years. She loves the community. The staff are amazing and very loving. I recommend this community highly.

If you are looking for something more

I have worked and lived at The Regency House and I can tell you first hand that it is a great place to live. Love, love, love the food.

Must Visit!

Me and my wife visited the Regency House this week. We attended the Veteran's Celebration they had for veteran's. It was an amazing celebration.
The rooms are spacious and have a balcony or patio. The community is in a quite neighborhood and the yard is beautiful with trees, a walking path, and gardens.
Put this community on your must visit list!

MUST SEE!!

Inside, the community is warm and welcoming. My mom enjoys each day with neighbors, play cards or checkers in the atrium, and eat chef-prepared meals with friends in the dining room. They have a big game room and media lounge where social activities like bridge, art classes, yoga are offered. Outside, lush green walking paths and a community garden provide space to soak up the sunshine. The Regency House is all inclusive and offers all levels of care. Look no further, tour this community.

Love the Regency House

Love this community. I have lived here for 8 years and find it a great place to live. This community cares for their residents very much!

Caring Community

Visited this community yesterday and was amazed how thoughtful, caring, and the attentive they were to me and my mother. After touring numerous other Independent communities we have finally found one my mom can call home. I highly recommend the Regency to all who want to be in a caring atmosphere.

Highly Recommend

I have been a resident of the Regency House for 6 years. The community is welcoming and the staff is caring. We have activities through out the day 7 days a week. The food is amazing! Our Chef puts his spin to the dishes and it is so tasty. I highly recommend the Regency House for you or your loved ones. The experience is like no other....

Recommend Highly

I work for in the industry and highly recommend this community. The staff are welcoming and deeply care about their residents. From the time you walk in the door to the follow up correspondence the marketer is amazing. I highly enjoy the restaurant style dinning was a great touch, but the food was top notch. I would recommend this community to anyone who wants their loved one to have a great experience.

A friendly and cozy facility

The staff and residents are friendly. The facility has activities that help the residents do more things outside their apartments. The facility has a walkway where residents can enjoy walking and exercising. My only suggestion is that the food served should be a more balanced, healthy meal with less salt and sugar to help improve the residents' health and nutrition.

Loving and caring community

I am a new resident at the Regency House. I made my decision due to the quality of the food, great staff, and friendly residents. It is wonderful to feel welcomed and cared for by others in a community like this. I visited numerous communities in the area, but none of them compared to the Regency House.

I recommend you visit this community. You will love it!

Friendly and Wardm

Me and my mother toured the Regency House yesterday. It was warming and the staff were friendly. This was the 4th tour we had and my mother fell in love with everyone. The residents are welcoming, which made my mom comfortable. She moves in on Monday. I highly recommend visiting.

Warming Commnity

Me and my husband toured the Regency House for my mom and dad. We were greeted at the front door right away by the sales leader. First impressions mean a lot to me. I have toured other communities but this one The Regency House was so warming. The residents were all happy and playing cards, scrabble, and other games. We stayed for lunch and the food was delicious. The staff all made us feel welcome.
I know this is the place for mom.

Thank You!

My father-in-law was a resident at The Regency House up to last month. He lived there for 12 great years. The staff is amazing and the residents are all friendly. He left many friends behind but will see them in heaven. Everyone in the community showed their love and support for him by having a service of their own. My family deeply appreciates everything The Regency did to support the family. I whole heartedly recommend The Regency House for others.

Enjoy my home

I have really enjoyed my new home. I have lived at Regency House for the past three months and have been very impressed the kindness, love and understanding from each employee, I suffered a great loss my second week here and the empathy and support was very generous and well appreciated. The Regency House is a wonderful home for me.

Enjoyed 7 years

I have lived at the Regency House for 7 years and have enjoyed it immensely. The food is wonderful and so is the kitchen staff, servers and managers. I would highly recommend this community to anyone.,

Wonderful place to belong

My dad lives at the Regency House and loves it very much. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My dad enjoys all the events inside the community and the special events outside the community. He has referred two of his friends and they love playing canasta and Bridge. He would recommend the community to anyone who likes to have fun.

Dad enjoys the community

We would highly recommend this community to anyone. My dad loves living here now for 12years. We are so pleased with the staff and the care my dad is receiving. The community is clean and very well maintained. The staff is nice and friendly they make you feel welcome. Dad loves the food and he is doing activities and other things. We have no complaints about this place.

Toured and retouring for lunch

Toured the community today it was being remodeled but the sfaff was amazing. The residents were smiling and seemed very happy. My parents loved the community. We will be coming back on Thursday to enjoy lunch and some of the community events.
My parents will be doing the two day trial (which is free) for two days just make sure this is the right fit for them.
I recommend everyone visit this community.

Best tour in Decatur

The Regency House is the friendliest community I toured in the Decatur area. I was blown away how welcome the staff and residents made me and my parents feel. As we were touring the sales leader was very informtive, the staff welcomed us as we went around, and the residents were very happy. My parents chose this community for the since of the word COMMUMITY.

all of the staff were so welcoming and to the October

Wonderful Community

My mother has lived at the Regency for 12 years. She loves waking up to the amazing breakfast that is served in the dinning room. All meals are fresh and the kitchen staff is friendly.

The community gives her a since of belonging. She volunteers in the community and goes to events outside the community.

The travel program we love. This allows my mom to travel to any community owned by Holiday Retirement and stay for free.

The staff is amazing from the management, sale, kitchen, maintenance, cleaning, and activities.

I recommend this community highly. Please take my word and visit them, its a must.

Great place to live

My mom lives at the Regency House. It is a great place for your loved ones and would recomend it to anyone.

I respectfully love the Regency House

I've lived at the Regency for one year and have found it to be mgt. & resident friendly.
The mgt.& sales staff [Name removed] are helpful when legitimate help is needed.
The staff tries to accommodate both personnel & work related issues to the best of their ability when & if possible.
The activities in and out of the community are educational, art friendly, and fun!
I would gladly refer the .Regency House to anyone who may be looking for a wonderful Independent Living Community.

[Name removed]

We stopped here briefly last time mom visited. She went inside and said the lobby was small, depressing, and didn't smell so good. There were several people in wheel chairs and no one from the House greeted her. She decided she did not want a tour.

Great Place to Live

I live at the Regency House and I love the community. The staff, residents, activities, and food is amazing. I have lived here for 10 years and would not move any where else.

From A Recent Former Resident - Look Elsewhere for a Better Value

As a former resident (moved [Removed]), I do not recommend Regency House, a Holiday Retirement community. While the residents at Regency House are talented and compassionate retirees and 95% of the hourly staff genuinely care about and serve the residents despite not being supported by their employer (Most are part-time with a close to minimum wage incomes, no benefits and no paid time-off.), I found Regency House to be of very poor value and not customer oriented. The corporate parent, Holiday Retirement, seemed to be far more interested in making substantial profits than caring for its residents and employees.

I was promised many things prior to moving in. I received very few of them. Some differences between what I was promised and what I received from 12/15 to 7/17 was as follows:

1) I was promised two couples who would live on site and respond 24 / 7 to any pull-cord emergency. This policy changed, and I was given a "help me, I can't get up" pendant to cover my safety from 7:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.

2) I was promised meals prepared by two "four star" chefs. What I received was school cafeteria plus quality grade food where food options were strictly limited by a tight budget. I can count on one hand the number of times I ate white meat chicken during my entire stay. Frequently, food choices were not available.

3) At around $3,000 / month, I assumed I would get a well-maintained, secure, comfortable and safe apartment. What I received was a poorly maintained building that negatively impacted my health. Regency House did not have a maintenance person for at least eight weeks in the Winter and Spring of 2017. HVAC systems were not maintained, and air filters were not cleaned monthly per manufacturers specifications. (See examples of mold testing that showed extensive mold growth on the AC filter and in the apartment.) There were holes in residents’ closet and bathroom ceilings that remained un-repaired for at least a year. A gutter fell from the third floor and remained on resident's patios for over three weeks.

4) I was promised free transportation to doctor appointments and errands. What I received about 40% of the time were announcements at meals that the bus would not be operational that day due to driver illness or vehicle breakdowns.

And despite these (and other) cuts in service and broken promises, my rent was raised $150 / month after one year.

If you are looking for senior independent living, look elsewhere. At Regency House, I found myself very frustrated at paying way too much for far too little.

[Removed] was wonderful! Dad didn’t want to make a decision immediately so he would lose out on the wonderful unit which I loved. And he wanted to be closer to us.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints about how things went during my tour of this community that I had taken for my husband and I. The staff where on time to our appointment and did a great job with the presentation. I thought it was a beautiful property and very well maintained by the staff. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

We would highly recommend this community to anyone. My dad loves living here he is enjoying it. We are so pleased with the staff and the care my dad is receiving. The community is clean and very well maintained. The staff is nice and friendly they make you feel welcome. Dad loves the food and he is doing activities and other things. We have no complaints about this place.

Not meeting our expectations

Unfortunately, The Regency House is not meeting our expectations for my Aunt. When she first arrived there were a lot of bugs and they had to spray her room. The staff has been working with her during her transition there and they do stay in touch with me. My Aunt has not tried being a part of any of the activities and she does not care for the food. All of which we have been trying to address for her with the community. At this point, I would not recommend this community.

A good tour

We liked this community and thought it was a little nicer than some of the others we looked at. This is an older clean community and I just did not think mom would be happy here. The hallways reminded me of a hospital. The people I met were nice and I would say this community might be worth a look.

Very nice place!

This was a very nice community. The staff was great and they answered all of my questions. The community looked nice and the residents looked happy to be there. I just did not get the feel that I was looking for.

Expensive living !!

The staff was very friendly during our tour and gave my loved one and I a lot of useful information about there community. The care that they provided to there residents was a little to intense for what my mother had needed. The prices that they had presented us was also very expensive and way out of our budget.

Just wonderful!

I really like the this community and the staff. The community is a little older, but they always have it clean and neat. My loved one really enjoys the meals. Actually that is my loved ones favorite activity. They have plenty of things to keep the residents active and that really makes me feel good. The staff is caring.

Not a good value

I lived in this community. Although breakfasts and lunches were good meals generally, dinners were very disappointing. Limited choices would be available. Meat at breakfast and white meat chicken was rarely served.

I felt management was in general less than honorable. They made promises prior to the agreement being signed that became null and void as soon as the ink was dry. Frequently, they would tell me they would do something on a day to day basis only for it to never happen.

The best part of the Regency House was the residents and the hourly staff. The residents were intelligent, accomplished former professionals. Depending on their current abilities, they played an active role in the community. The hourly staff (many of whom had been there for years) genuinely cared about the residents and worked with different abilities as best as possible.

Given everything, I felt the Regency was very overpriced.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you, Daisy, for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service, and feedback such as yours is critical to that effort. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast and lunch with us, and were overjoyed to hear your kind words around our staff and the residents there. We were, however, pretty disappointed to hear your interactions with the manager were less than ideal. If we can, we'd like to follow-up with you to gain additional detail and insight. In fact, I've passed your comments on to our Resident Relations team, who would love to hear from you soon, and who can be reached at [removed]. Thank you once again for sharing your valuable feedback with us!

Older facility in need of renovation. The carpet is burgundy and the couches in public areas are gold. That said, it appears clean and there are no offensive odors. The property has been well cared for inside and out. Pros: Only 3 floors, longevity of staff and tenants, 3 meals a day, weekly housekeeping and linen services. Cons: Lacks full kitchen, lacks w/ hookups, lacks internet in units, 2BR relatively expensive for lack of full kitchen, etc.

Food Could Improve

My loved one says that as far as the food is concerned, a lot of the times what is displayed on the menu is not what they are serving. Also she says that she would like to see more choices available as well.

The regency House is beautiful. Lovely people and the surroundings aregreat would seeing again in the future.

I am so thankful to find Regency House

I needed a place for my 71 year old mother back in Feb. 2015 and had very little time to find a decent facility. My mother has the onset of ALZ, and cannot really cook for herself anymore, and has some really concerning memory issues.

This facility is not the Ritz, but is clean, has great food, and a lot of activities to participate in if someone wants to do so. They even have live music and holiday events on a regular basis.

I am so thankful I found a place for my mother that I feel comfortable with and she is really happy as well.

Best Place for Pop

We selected this facility for my 95 year old grandfather. I visited at least 10 times over a 3 week period and the atmosphere was always the same. The staff is friendly and very helpful. It is beautiful inside and out. They are also grandchild friendly. I bring my 3 and 4 year old at least twice a week and they never seemed annoyed by them. My grandfather who was VERY reluctant to move from NY has said several times how much he loves it here and how impressed he is with it. Thank you Regency House :)

Mixed experience

We had somewhat of a mixed experience with The Regency House. My loved one lived here for a time, and while they did a decent job to start the quality of the care seemed to decrease as they settled into a routine. It was never a bad place, but now that we've looked around we've found better options for a similar price.

Very nice

An Atmosphere that Lifts One's Spirit

We helped place our dear friend at The Regency House, with the hope that the peaceful, friendly, and attractive atmosphere of the place would help her to improve or recover from her physical and psychological issues which were being greatly exacerbated by her previous living arrangement. After only two weeks at the Regency, we believe our friend is well on her way to recovery already.

Nice rooms, helpful staff, but facility overall could use an update and residents did not seem very engaged.

Holiday Retirement

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Home Office in Oregon. Thank you so much for your sincere feedback. We pride ourselves on our Layers of the Holiday Lifestyle, which are specifically designed to keep our residents engaged and happy, so if you ever witness anything to the contrary, please don't hesitate to call our Resident Relations line at [removed]. Thank you again, Katie

Very nice place!

We're very happy with how things have gone with The Regency House so far! It's a nice looking place, the staff are all very friendly and caring, and the people seem happy and well looked after. They are definitely worth a look if you are searching for options in the area!

Gracious reception, attract...

Gracious reception, attractive approach to the facility, and pleasant, well-prepared meal, but not our top choice.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you for the review! We're disappointed that we're not your first choice -- even though you enjoyed many aspects of our community. Come back again and let us "wow" you!

2BR - 1p $3799 Studio - $23...

2BR - 1p $3799 Studio - $2349 418sqft, $2049 362sqft

Holiday Retirement

Note that our rates are subject to change. For the most accurate pricing, please contact Regency House directly.

Great Location. I liked the...

Great Location. I liked the big studios. NIce layout. The public spaces need to be updated. New carpet, new furniture. Residents didn't appear as happy as the residents at Benton Village

Too Expensive - they want $...

Too Expensive - they want $4200 per month.

Holiday Retirement

Our prices vary by floorplan, and remember that monthly rent includes utilities, scheduled transportation, linen service, a robust calendar of activities, and three chef-prepared meals a day! Contact us directly for the most up-to-date pricing.

Very accommodating. Would ...

Very accommodating. Would need ground floor apartment for the dog. Ability to lock-in the rate.

Mgt staff doesn't communica...

Mgt staff doesn't communicate with each other. Multiple calls to confirm same appt. Manager seemed unorganized & distracted during our interview. Rooms were smaller with only kitchenettes. Lobby was cold. Felt I got more for my money elsewhere.

We liked this place! It's n...

We liked this place! It's nice and homey and the food was great! They have eight vegetarians and prepare vegetarian entrees, not just side dishes, for them. They have a limited number of apartments with patios. And they aren't too far from our house.

Very nice community. I real...

Very nice community. I really liked the home feel and all the activities that this facility has to offer.

Private pay - no medicaid, veterans a...

Private pay - no medicaid, veterans assistance.

3 months free, independent and assist...

3 months free, independent and assisted living on site.

Owner and husband were great. Great ...

Owner and husband were great. Great benefits. Mom and grandmas favorite.

This was a great place. Exactly what ...

This was a great place. Exactly what we are looking for. It was clean, the rooms are spacious, the residents look active, and it has all the pertinent amenities. And the price is within range. I learned the difference between assisted living and independent living. My father is more independent.

This one seems to fit our needs

This one seems to fit our needs

Situated in a quiet corner of DeKalb, an Atlanta suburb, you’ll love the convenience of living in our charming city with the peace of being a part of our secluded, caring community. With easy access to excellent healthcare, exciting shopping opportunities and all the entertainment of Atlanta just minutes from your door, day-to-day life has never been easier.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind