The Retreat at Madison Place - Decatur, GA

Hi. We just moved to The Retreat, and we love our new place. My husband and I have experienced nothing but Friendliness from The Assistant Manager ([Removed]) She even checks in on us from time to time, and she doesn't have to because this is not an (Assisted) living community. This is an Active adult community, and we love it

I would recommend this community.

The staff at this community are friendly and my friend likes them. She cooks her own food. They offer daily activities and they keep the community clean. The grounds are nice and you need a code to enter into the building. I do not think they answer the phones the way they should.

Worst Place To Move In !!!!!

I would not let my Rat live there . The office people needs to be fired. The manager needs to be let go ASAP. She does not know how to treat Seniors that lives there. She tell lies and is very hateful. If you are thinking about moving there please keep looking. Somebody needs to call Senior Services on that Manager........

Was a potential recruitment

The staff in the front office is horrible no respect what so ever don't listen and management doesn't either. They are rude and disrespectful to elders and there guest the community has to many malfunctions going on whether it's the gate the front door to get in or even the side door. The call box its always something wrong with it either you can't see the screen or its no dial tone and the rude wench behind the front desk is no help and need to be [Removed]!!!

The staff has a rude authoritative tone in the way in which they correspond with the residents of this community. They treat the residents as if they are doing them a favor by "letting" them live here although we are paying residents. The community is ran like a free range prison and I am currently looking for a new neighborhood to move into, where I can feel like I am enjoying my senior years.

The staff has changed a bit since moving here and yet there have been little to no improvements. The back gate to the neighborhood was broken and left wide open for 2 or more months. The access gate cards don't always work. The walls and ceiling are extremely thin as I hear everything my neighbors do, which my upstairs neighbors are excessively loud causing me to stay up late at night until they decide to go to bed.

The stoves are a fire hazard for a senior community. In a day when technology alerts you of everything these stoves barely have a working light to remind you that the stove top or oven may still be on. There are no buttons or indicators to ensure no one leaves the oven or stovetop on and burns the neighborhood down.

I've talked to many neighbors here how are also unhappy with the neighborhood, some would like to move others feel a bit stuck as they may not have other alternatives and deal with their discomforts.

I would highly recommend that if you are looking to move to look elsewhere.

Love it here!

I love my new home! Staff was very professional and courteous. My apartment was spacious. Location is convenient to shopping. I am happy to say I call it home!

Help

Elevators are out right now for these senior citizens....around the holidays!!! What do people in wheel chairs do? Who have heart problems?
Who have no loved ones to see after them?

Disgrace to Seniors

Elevators are always out. Seniors don't feel valued. [removed]
Frequent management changes.
Keyless entry to apartments always broken so, seniors feel unsafe.
Cheap isn't always the best at the end of the day. Don't put your loved ones here.

It had an odor.It was somew...

It had an odor.It was somewhat clean.The staff was helpful and friendly.Not a place I would like to live