The Princess Martha - Saint Petersburg, FL

From a grand hotel in 1924 to a senior living retirement residence today, The Princess Martha, located in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg, has been a landmark throughout century. Graced with charm, elegance, and style, The Princess Martha is a symbol of Southern Hospitality and reigns as Royalty in gracious and affordable Independent Senior Living.

When you become a resident of The Princess Martha you start enjoying our all-inclusive independent senior living lifestyle. No more cooking, yard work, cleaning, doing dishes, HOA fees or property taxes! Our Chef prepares you three delicious meals a day! Housekeeping and utilities (except telephone service) are also included. You will enjoy access to staff 24 hours, a calendar of life enrichment activities and scheduled transportation if you wish to use it. Other amenities include a heated pool, beautiful sun deck, fitness center and state-of-the-art media center. The Princess Martha is pet friendly and we have a dog park on-site for your convenience!

For those of you needing a little extra help, The Princess Martha has an on-site Wellness Center, visiting doctor (weekly) and a contracted Nurses Registry who can offer services including medication management, laundry services, shower assistance and other activities of daily living (ADL’s.) These services can enable you to age in place. We are with-in blocks of renowned hospitals and close to many rehabilitation establishments. Stop in for a personalized tour and you will see why The Princess Martha is “The Place To Be” in downtown St. Petersburg.

Ask a lot of questions

They were not upfront about some of their policies. They have policies in regard to being banned from the dining room and common areas if you have an open wound. They do not offer wheelchair accessible transportation. The staff are not helpful. The food is bland and they have small portions, however it does not taste to bad. A lot of the activities they offer are not compatible with all of the residents. This is a beautiful place, unfortunately they do not always show respect to the residents.

Easy to get into!

I am very happy with the care my mother is receiving at The Princess Martha. The place is great, and they made it very easy to move my mother in. I did not even tour other communities because I knew this one was a very good option for her. The food is great and I will be going to visit her soon.

Lost in the crowd!

This place was huge and very beautiful. It reminded me of some upscale hotel. There is a couple stories to this building. I thought that this was just not what mom wanted. She wanted some where small and cozy that felt like home. This was big and she would get lost in the crowd.

My mom's care

My mom is really like the care that she is receiving here. The staff are very nice and caring. The community is always clean and taken care of. She is active with the activities that are offered. She seems to like the food that is good. We would recommend this community to other familier for good care and value to others.

I’ve lived in the P.martha one year & 6 months. I love it here. My church is next door to the P.M. The people who work here are very kind & helpful. God willing I will die here.

This is an independent living facility located in downtown St, Petersburg, utilities, basic cable, light housekeeping & there meals daily are included. This gives me time to do all the things I want to do from visiting museums & art galleries, symphonic, Rays ball games to walking around the downtown area. The staff are all friendly & professional. I’ve made wonderful new friends among the other residents.

I have lived here 3.5 years. It is home now.

Moving here was the smartest thing I ever did. The staff is friendly warm & helpful. Activities are fun, varied & plentiful. Our food is delicious. Best of all, we are family & truly care for one another.

I like living here. I enjoy a comfortable apartment, very good meals every day and plenty activities to enjoy. The other residents are pleasant & enjoyable.
And being in the middle of downtown, which is making an excitable comeback.

Excellent.

It Was Nice

I did like the community but I felt it was not a fit for my mom. I noticed that this is a place for independent living and there was no room to advance to memory care.

Review of The Princess Martha - St. Petersburg, FL

I live in the Princess Martha. I have a modest apartment with a view of Tampa Bay and downtown St. Petersburg. It is an elegant historic hotel. It is very well maintained and the administration is caring and attentive. The food is excellent and the wait staff is well trained and very attentive to the staff and their needs. They have 3 meals a day, light house keeping every two weeks. A very helpful and skillful janitorial staff. Feel very safe here and I am close to everything.

Review of the Princess Martha - St. Petersburg, FL

Princess Martha - apartment building in former 1924 hotel - elegant lobby, dramatic fancy dining room, 3 meals a day served.
Food is creative & healthy - always fresh fruit
Two happy hours a week included
Many activities & field trips, movie theatre with ground lounge chairs
(Complaints come mostly from plain food, picky eaters)

Review of the Princess Martha

I am a retired military veteran. The Princess Martha is a fabulous place to live, where no two apartments are the same. The views of downtown St. Petersburg are to die for. The people and staff are friendly, and I never have to cook. We get served three meals a day - top-notched dining, activities, out of this world, dinner dolphin cruises, shopping trips, happy hours, talent shows, movie night, outting to the museums, what can I say, I'm home!

Princess Martha

I feel honored to live in a beautifully restored building, especially since I was here to watch the restoration -- accomplished with little negative impact on the residents. Of greater importance is the outstanding staff and their continual successful ability to meet the needs of the residents. the food is wonderful, always something for everyone. A major effort is made to know various special desires/tastes of the residence. Activities are varied and well attended. Medical services are available as needed and are excellent! A HAPPY home!

Review of The Princess Martha - Saint Petersburg, FL

The Princess Martha offers an independent living arrangement with a unique flair which becomes evident the moment a visitor steps into the historic ambiance of the antique foyer, extending up over a wide staircase to the elegant high-ceilinged dining room. Three meals a day, selected from an inventive menu, being served by an accommodating young wait staff that aims to please. A diversified activity program provides the opportunity to pursue one's interests. As a satisfied resident I can recommend this community without reservations thanks to a competent management staff.

A Great Place

The Princess Martha is a Great place. I plan to retire there when I get older. My father is happy here and says the meals are great. This is an excellent community. I would recommend The Princess Martha to anyone looking for a community.

Friendly and accommodating staff

The people are friendly, just trying to make it home. Air conditioners do not work well on the West side of the building, obviously a long time problem,. but makes it unlivable from 2 pm to 7 pm. They have brought me a portable, so they're trying.

Very nice room size, excell...

Very nice room size, excellent services & beautiful. Saw no concerns & they were very upfront about 'extra expenses'. None that we needed that were not discussed, medical &otherwise.

I liked it very much, I thought it was well run, and the people were very pleasant. The food was quite delicious. I moved only because I was concerned about the weather, tornadoes and hurricanes, and such.

Knowing my dad's in good hands.

I was most pleased with the warmth and care the staff at The Princess Martha demonstrated during the transition to their community. The facility itself is clean and well maintained. I was quite impressed that it did not feel or look like "an old folks' " home.

love this place and very af...

love this place and very affordable it was $1750

Spoke with Marcy week of Ju...

Spoke with Marcy week of July 7 '13. She is to send info to Dad. Not licensed for assisted living. If need help must bring it in. Hospice can come in. 2 bed on north side of bldg $2350. Lg 1 bed on shaft $2250. Dad feels too old doesn't want!

Very clean and elegant setting. Very ...

Very clean and elegant setting. Very friendly personnel who were able to answer all my questions. Will be returning today to see if my mother in law likes it too.