Westminster Shores - Saint Petersburg, FL

• Fitness Center
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel

The picture on the site of the living room that looked out on
Tampa Bay is awesome. However, that view is probably mega bucks.

My Forever Home

Home is where the heart is — and my heart is here at Westminster Shores!.

The water is what first drew me to Westminster Shores, but there is so much more that keeps me here. When I first moved to The Shores, I only imagined myself being down here part of the year as I still own a home up north. Now, if I go back to Philadelphia a total of six weeks a year, that will be a lot! I'm hooked.

I came to Florida to get away from winters, and for more sunshine. St. Petersburg holds the Guinness Book of World Records for the most consecutive sunny days and I’m enjoying each one.

The St. Petersburg area is very desirable, weather-wise, and culturally, too. There are wonderful museums and musical venues, professional sports, and the beaches. Westminster Shores, in particular, has a really beautiful campus. I can be downtown in 10 or 15 minutes, yet living here is absolutely peaceful. You're in paradise.

I am younger than most residents at The Shores but I didn't want to wait to move to a community like this! I'm retired. I deserve this! I want to enjoy every aspect of this fabulous place that I can, while I can. I'm in a community with retired people here, and that's what I am, too. Retired! My neighbors are so active: They kayak and fish and play pickleball. Fascinating people live here. They have become my family.

It is a wonderful feeling to know that I have everything I need at The Shores. My every need is taken care of from my physical needs to maintenance on my apartment to social and fellowship events and to my meals. What more could I want!

I also like the fact that I can travel without worries. Living here, I just close my door, and I have a feeling of security. I don't have to worry if my hot water heater is going to break, or if it snows, who will shovel the sidewalk in front of my house, or who's going to mow the lawn. It's wonderful!!!!

Come and visit The Shores and you will love the experience!!!

Westminster Shores, a Continuing Care Retirement Community

We first heard about the concept of a Continuing Care Retirement Community like Westminster Shores from our neighbors. We used to talk about the fact that as people age they say that what accelerates the aging process is solitude and loneliness. So it's important from that point of view to be in a community where you have company, and plenty of activities.

Once you go on your first visit, you're almost hooked! But we especially love living here. Here, we have a beautiful residence on the waterfront, spacious and lovely, fantastic kitchen. We enjoy having transportation to the symphony, so we don’t have to drive. We have the opportunity to play pickleball or kayak any time we want, too. Plus, we know that we’ll be taken care of for life — that’s the key reason to choose a CCRC. This was a big relief for our children, relieving them of the responsibility of caring for us as we got older.

We also liked Westminster Communities of Florida is a not-for-profit, fiscally conservative and financially sound, and long-range plans for the future of our community.

Within just a few days my apartment felt like "home."

The pre-move information sessions were very helpful and I felt prepared to move. All new residents are assigned a volunteer resident as a host; she phoned before I moved, met me for lunch the next day, answered questions as they came up and helped me get oriented.

Both staff and residents are very friendly and welcoming. There are so many activities that it will be hard to pick favorites.

Ideal location for my parents

This is a fabulous community. Every detail is attended to, so the residents are welcomed, safe, and independent. From the medical care and the food, to the maintenance of the Villa, I would not change s thing! My 94-year-old parents are very happy here!

Couldn't pick a better place!

They are really friendly and go out of their way to help you. I couldn't have picked a better place for my mother-in-law, if I had to pick again!

Be careful. The view will WOW you. I loved my apartment and the GORGEOUS VIEW. But LOOK PAST THAT. They are demolishing all the wonderful villas and apartments to build expensive high-rises. They will be charging a lot more for the monthly fees for the new condos. It is NOT "what you see is what you get". And they do not let people know before selling to them. I moved because I did not want to live next to a construction site with my windows closed and the sea wall sidewalk closed because of the construction. Also, I wanted this to be my last move. My apartment was cleaned by housekeeping once in the 3 months I was there. The food is breaded, cheaper cuts of meat, lots of carbs and sugars and with rich gravies, not necessarily heart healthy. Buses for doctor visits are 2x per week between 6am-3pm and only within a few square blocks. Buses to store and bank once per week. Need a car if there.

I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that I needed to leave the apartment and view, but the amenities and the future of the community were a disappointment.

Mary Parrish

Our 20 year plan includes replacing our older buildings with beautiful new, state of the art, buildings with spectacular views of the water and additional amenities. The monthly fees are NOT more for the newer buildings. ALL our incoming residents are told about the planned improvements and many of our new residents comment that the idea of joining a community where everything keeps getting "newer" and "better" the longer they live there is an important factor in their decision to join us at the Shores! At no time has the beautiful walkway along the water been closed, nor are there any plans to do so. Housekeeping can only visit if you are home to receive them. Failing to keep a scheduled time with housekeeping, or failing to reschedule, is not the fault of your housekeeper. In addition, I am curious as to why this former resident did not opt for the heart healthy menu items ????? Both lunch and dinner offer a wide variety of entrees. We are able to accommodate special needs including heart healthy, diabetic and gluten - free options. Our travel range for doctor visits is certainly much more extensive than "a few blocks" and scheduled visits to the stores and banks are, at minimum, twice a week. It is our belief that this particular resident should have considered Assisted Living and we sincerely hope that she has found another community that is a "better fit."

Don't believe it.

After I moved in and recived my first bill, I was told that what Marketing said, even if it is in writing does not mean the same as what is actually what accounting will bill you for, Also I thought I was a guest, until the first of the month when my contract would start, but that is not what I found out when I got my bill even though I recived guest meal tickets from Marketing. I was charged for the room I stayed in, the bill said I had a balance from Sept., even though I was not there, and finally it said I was 30 days past due. I arrived late afternoon on 9/29/2014.Ask to see everything, including their billing system. If I had not been an accountant and worked up the figures myself it would drive someone else up the wall, as it was, I paid the amount I came up with and dropped it in their inbox.

Back to civilization

Westminster Shores is a all inclusive community, church run. I had lived at Westminster Suncoast about 1.5 miles away. At Suncoast I had to buy in, here I was able to rent.
I am right on Tampa Bay,
St. Petersburg, Fl, is a small town with big town things to do., theatre, museum, Salvaldore Dali, Fine Arts, Chullly, Holacost, etc.
Tampa airport is only 20+ miles away and the weather is great. I take 2 meals a day, transportation to Doctors, and shopping is free, entertainment,activities, health professionals.
I was lucky that they are renting instead of buying in and loosing all that money.

There is another one for seniors, The Princess Martha? downtown St. Pete. that also rents.

CHRIS HALL

We are so excited that MaryHelen has joined our community. She is an asset to our community and is a perfect fit for our accomplished, engaged and friendly residents! Thank you

I liked Westminister shores...

I liked Westminister shores very much it is exactly what I am looking for. My daughter would like something a little closer. Maybe Tennessee or North Carolina.I had a fantastic time wall at the shores. I am still interested if things can be worked out.

CHRIS HALL

The entire staff of Westminster Shores will do whatever necessary to make this this will be the perfect fit. If we are not the right location, we will assist in helping find the perfect landing spot. We are mission driven to make sure you are HAPPY.

Happy

When A Place for Mom contacted me I had already started the search for Independent living for my friend. Confirmation for me that I was headed in the right direction was that the same places I had written down to look at was the same places A Place for Mom gave me. I was even more impressed that the facilities contacted me, inquiring about the need &the amount of need my friend would require. The places were up front whether they could accommodate her needs or not which helped with the selection process. She chose Westminster Shores and is very happy with the location, staff, neighbors and the entire community. I will definitely recommend A Place for Mom to anyone.

Saw Westminster Shores today, 4/5/13....

Saw Westminster Shores today, 4/5/13. Not right for my mother ... ALF is very limited, which can be OK, but all apartments are like individual garden apartments; one must go outside to get to central location. She is already sequestering herself in an active community where people go in and out of her apt. now ... this will not solve her non-social situation. The person who showed me around was only an employee for 90 days and admitted that she was 'winging it'.

Welcome to our waterfront community just steps from the stunning shores of Tampa Bay, in St. Petersburg’s Bahama Shores neighborhood! Our campus offers 26 acres of peace and quiet with the Florida-style active living you’ll love. Choose from single-family homes, tropical villas and newly-constructed luxury apartment homes hugging the edge of Little Bayou — the best spot in town for watching dolphins! We partner with Eckerd College and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute to keep you actively learning. Our activities calendar is always jam-packed, and we provide a continuum of health care, if ever needed.