The Park – Oak Grove - Roanoke, VA

The Park-Oak Grove Retirement Community is surrounded by the scenic mountains of Southwest Virginia, nestled in a pleasant neighborhood, convenient to shopping and excellent medical facilities.

Choose a gracious yet practical alternative for your retirement. Choose a fully carpeted, well designed apartment with its own kitchen. Bring your favorite furnishings, and create your own personal retreat. You could get used to this carefree lifestyle! So could your pet. (Yes, your small pet is welcome!) Serving the Roanoke Valley since 1989, and now celebrating 22 years of excellence, The Park-Oak Grove was the vision of local business men with deep ties to the community. Our managing partner was especially inspired by his childhood experiences visiting area nursing homes with his physician father.

That inspiration was later transformed into an idea for alternative senior living, with privacy and independence enhanced by top-notch amenities and services. In 1993, recognizing the need for increased personal care for our residents, we added Assisted Living Services. Our residents may receive those services while staying in their own familiar apartments…no need to move!

Local Ownership and management is a benefit enjoyed by our residents, providing easy accessibility and a “listening ear” to suggestions and comments.

Keeping All of Your Retirement Promises

Testimonials for The Park-Oak Grove Retirement Community:

“Everyone here is so nice; from the office personnel to the dining room servers, they are all so good to us.”
Inez R.

“My sons and I looked at everything around town and this is the best place we found. Once we visited The Park-Oak Grove, that was it! Especially, I am loving my porch and my flowers.”
Alma A.

“It was Home , just a new home; plus my family and I liked the medical oversight. Having nurses close to all the apartments really added to peace of mind for all of us.”
Robert E.

“My family was concerned that I was alone too much. We looked all around and agreed we were impressed by all The Park-Oak Grove had to offer. Now I have plenty of things to do and free transportation too.”
Betty S.

Care and Communication for mom

We like the community for the excellent care from the staff. I am happy knowing that the community is clean and maintained. The staff needs more communication with keeping me informed on her progress. I like knowing that the menu is appealing and she is happy with the care and they do offer my mom to get involved with the activities with the other residents. I would recommend the great care and the good value for other families.

Comfortable And Clean!!

Ever since my mother moved into this community she has been improving a lot, she now seems a lot more happy and energetic. Her room is a good size and has a lot of windows and natural lighting, a good size bathroom, and a large closet. She also has a full size fridge in her room where she can store her own food rather than just a mini fridge. Fran, which is the director of activity there, is amazing. She motivates the residents and keeps them moving. The only thing i wish they could change is that they would announce the notifications out loud rather than just hanging them on a board.

Wonderful place!

They do a wonderful job at Oak Grove! My loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here! It's nice enough that I'd move in there myself, if they'd let me! The staff here is friendly and professional, and the whole place just has a friendly personable feel to it! I really like the program they have where the residents can make their rooms available to tour for visiting families, you can tell it gives them a real sense of pride in where they live!

Early info makes this an at...

Early info makes this an attractive option. Assisted living in your own apartment. No memory care unit.

Park Oak Grove

POG is a beautiful place. It is clean and well-run. The food is delicious. The staff is absolutely stellar. I am delighted that my father is living there. He says they couldn't make it any better.

Park Oak Grove

Park Oak Grove is a beautiful place--clean and well-managed. Staff is amazingly attentive, responsive, and compassionate. My father says over and over again--they could not do anything to make it better--it's perfect. Park Oak Grove far surpasses anything I expected in a senior community, and I have great peace of mind that my 90-year old father is in good hands.

Delicious food!

My favorite thing about The Park-Oak Grove is probably the food, it is delicious, everything I've had. I haven't been all over the facility but the layout is easy to learn and it is easy to get around. I have not participated in any activities, and a family member did the legwork on finding The Park- Oak Grove so those two things I cannot accurately rate. But the cleanliness, friendliness, and care services are all 5 stars.