Cave Spring Place - Roanoke, VA

Cave Spring Place - Roanoke, VA has yet not published prices.

Cave Spring Place

Cave Spring Place has really turned around!! The director of nursing does a wonderful job making sure the residents are well-taken care of. Compassion and humility are key components in this building and it shows. They are finishing up a remodel and it looks beautiful!! Don't hesitate to visit Cave Spring Place.

the site visit went very well. Rooms were very nice, staff were very informative and the residents encountered appeared to be very happy.

Tour and options

We toured this community. the staff was very nice. The activities would have been good for my mom. We did likes the menu offers a lot of good healthy meals that are offered. We liked the cleanliness of the community. We would recommend that other families take a tour of this nice community for the care of a loved one.

Change of hands!

Ever since this community has changed hands things have not been good. The food is extremely lousy and nasty. The community is clean for the most part. The staff could do a better job with the care for my dad as well.

Not happy!

When I went to tour the Cave Spring Place, I was very disappointed. It was in the evening, so the administrator that was supposed to take me asked one of the nurses to just take me on the tour. At least I think it was a nurse. She did not know much about the place and we were in and out of there very quickly.

Not a bad place.

I feel this community is doing a relatively good job of caring for mom. The staff are very friendly and encouraging. They offer a lot of daily activities. Mom does not seem to like the food. They do keep the community clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Delightful Tour

The main reason I enjoyed this community so much was the fact that it was a one story building. My loved one would have easy access around the complex and not have to worry about an elevator. The staff was very friendly on our tour and the community was kept very clean.

Crowed General Area

My Tour of this community was pretty good. I did like the room they should us. It is an one story building, which I liked. I didn't like the fact the general area where the residents would hang out, was very crowded. The staff was kind and friendly. This is a nice community, just not the one for my mother and her needs.

Good start in new life

My brother came to Brookdale Cave Spring two days ago, leaving 40 years of memories and friends in California for a very different life in Virginia. People have been very caring, considerate and attentive. He's had meals with some congenial new friends-to-be, his room is comfortable, and he's much more at ease than I expected him to be so soon.

I'd thought a studio might be small, but everything he needs fits comfortably and it feels homey and pleasant.

It was a difficult choice to make without him here, but we're pleased.

Good care , friendly staff

very good to my mother

They were very good to my mother. They always have some sort of activity going on to keep her active and engaged. They do a really good job also in communicating with us to let us know how she is doing. It is a safe and secure place, and they have very friendly and experienced staff. The facility is very nice and clean.

The only thing I can think of where they might could improve would be the food. The food isn't bad, but isn't that great either, and they often forget my mothers special requests/preferences.

Other than that it has really been a wonderful experience.

Very nice facility. Great and attentive staff

Nice facility but only 6 independent livers. Common area had many in wheel chairs, mostly sleeping. Tour was exceptional and I got good answers but not a fit

Friendly and accommodating staff!

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far we are pleased with Emeritus at Cave Spring. They've got some very good people here, all of the staff I have met so far have been friendly and professional! The only real issue we've had, and it is something I have noticed at other facilities, is that unless you give them very specific instructions regarding their use they can go through expensive items like diapers very quickly.

Review of Emeritus at Cave Spring Assisted Living in Roanoke, VA

Nice. friendly staff. Price reasonable. Helpful staff. Studio apartment ok size. Did not like that there was not a greeting office when entering facility. Had to look for staff to find what we needed. some areas did smell like urine. Facility had a great energy. Was 3rd on our list. Also close to our home. Many of the staff new the residents by name.

A great experience

while a short stay due to unforseen circumstances my father was very happy in the facility

Staff is kind. Facility is clean. Res...

Staff is kind. Facility is clean. Residents enjoy a variety of activities and outings.

Emeritus cave Springs a loving place to be.

I feel very confident that MomIs being taken care of very well. The activities director is top notch and works hard to keep everyone included. Physical therapy is excellent and my Mom really needs this service. They can care for her much better than I was doing. However, mom still does not want to be there or any other place. It has to be her mental disease. The staff is very loving with hugs when ever I see them.

It is a safe environment. Everyone is...

It is a safe environment. Everyone is good to me. I take my gripes to the folks in the office and they listen and help me to resolve my issues. I am satisfied. I like me and I like people and I like where I live. I have a good roomate.

It's alright

Everything is alright here. I don't really have any feed back about the food, so I'd probably give it a 4. There's nothing I can think of specifically that they could improve on. Except maybe their activities. They don't seem to be geared toward the memory care patients, and they could do a better job of trying to get people involved. The one thing that really impressed me is the cleanliness. This place does not have that typical "nursing home smell" that you think of. Also, there is a really nice courtyard, so the residents can get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Terrible Care

They are very kind to get you in there but once your loved one moves in that all stops. You can't get any information, you have no idea how your loved one is being treated except for what they tell you and you have no one to go to about it that truly cares. We were promised a 30 day evaluation but when we all showed up for the appt. no one was there so we were just left standing. And no one has contacted us since about it.
They shower attention on you to get you in and then they act as if you don't exist. My mother cries a lot and she is lonely there. Improvements are needed.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that your experience isn’t meeting your expectations. We are a bit confused about your experience as we have no record of any complaint. Our Resident Care Director has already rescheduled and met with you for the 30-day evaluation, and has been in contact on a weekly basis. For many residents, the transition to their new home in our community can be emotional, and as such we take great care to make them feel like a member of our family. Our Life Enrichment Director works diligently to ensure that we offer many activities to keep our seniors active and social, however, these activities are not mandatory. Our records also indicate from the Power of Attorney for your mother that she be allowed to participate at her will in the daily activities at our community.

Very Sweet! I liked the "small" feeli...

Very Sweet! I liked the "small" feeling of home atmosphere. The Director was so nice and helpful.

completed tour. Nice, clean and homey...

completed tour. Nice, clean and homey. Caring staff with full schedule of activities. Smaller facility.