Hermitage in Roanoke - Roanoke, VA

This beautiful 1916 Georgian mansion provides the entry point for the gracious amenities of Hermitage in Roanoke. Opened in 1964 as a retirement home, the community has grown to include 26 one and two bedroom Independent Living apartments, 53 Assisted Living studio, one and two bedroom apartments, and a 22 bed Health Care Unit. We are a Continuing Care Community and our residents are welcome to join the continuum of care at any level. We do not require an entrance fee and we offer month to month leases. We are proud to be one of the few communities nationwide with dual accreditations: Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CCAC) and the Educational Assessment Guidelines Leading toward Excellence (EAGLE).

Located on ten acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in a quiet neighborhood adjacent to the Roanoke Country Club, we are less than 6 miles to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Lewis-Gale Medical Center and the Veterans Care Medical Center and easily accessible to shopping centers, grocery stores and downtown Roanoke.

Owned and operated by Virginia United Methodist Homes, Inc., we accept seniors of all faiths, ages 62 and older. Visit us soon to see for yourself why our residents thrive in our “homey” atmosphere and what makes us Roanoke’s most gracious retirement community!

Parents are doing well!!

I have no complaints about the experience my parents are having so far at this community. They have made a smooth transition with the help of all of the staff members and residents. I am impressed with the menu they have for all of there meals as well as the different activities they have going on throughout the week to keep them busy.

Community Needs Updating

I had a nice tour of this community. The staff was kind and friendly. My questions were answered, they were informative. The community has the appearance of an old mansion. The rooms were a little out dated. I feel the community could some updating. Also there was a smell that lingered around the community. This just wasn't place for my mother.

Not Happy

I thought I sent you a review last wk. I am not sure you are getting my information. I have squeaking from the apt. up stairs, no rugs. Squeaks very loud when she goes to bed and gets up. They donot have the funds to fix it. Wakes me up early in the morning when she gets up and sometimes at nite. I shouldnt have go to bed and get up when she does, ridiculous. They wanted me to sleep in the other room but the cat is happy their, do not want to change her routine now, as it took almost 3 mos. for her to get use to this place. Also have to take heavy trash to the next level to put in bins. Have told them several times to no avail. Also very dirty when moved in. They told me it had been cleaned. Very slow getting things done here, not enough help and the help they have do a lousy job getting it done.

Good Experience

My family member actually never moved in, how the staff worked with us very very well. I had a very reluctant family member, and the staff was very patient, they were good with letting us leave even though we'd already moved her furniture in...it went well and it was a pretty good experience for what it was.

Very nice place. Residents appeared happy. Good services. Very helpful staff. Probably will take Mom for a visit. So far this seems like a good choice.

Highly impressed with facilities and lg # of independent residents. Have LTC on premises w/o a buyin payment

Review of Hermitage in Roanoke Assisted Living in Roanoke, VA

Choice number 2. Amazing grounds. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice size studio. Beautiful buildings. Price reasonable. Close but not close enough our son could longboard to visit is grandma. !0 minute drive. smile

Full care at all stages. M...

Full care at all stages. Methodist Church home. Much like the one in Durham.