Leopold Retirement - Bellingham, WA

Full Circle

In 1956 this community was the Leopold Hotel and I was a bellhop there when I was in college, so I feel like I have come full circle. It is a very well built historic building. It is cozy and comfy here and you do have to be independent to be a resident here. It has a lovely ballroom downstairs. The food is OK it's not gourmet but a waiter comes and takes your order, you do have 2 choices to choose from if you don't like that there is other menus to order from. I have good conversations daily with the others. There is a mixture of different people here ranging from 60-95. The staff is wonderful, The marketing person is wonderful and the manager is an OK guy. They have lots of daily activities and an educational class 1x a month and a dance 1x a month. There are weekly trips for shopping and a group of us takes trips as well. It's a nice place to live and there are dozens of restaurants and a YMCA and other businesses in walking distance. I would recommend this community.

This was an awesome community , loved everything about everyone friendly the lunch was great and [Removed]did a great job loved everything about it , thanks again

Staff was great, the rooms we saw were small with very little closet space. Interesting place but on reflection not a fit for us

I Love this Place

I'm so glad my family and I chose this community for my new home. The caregivers and staff are kind and helpful. Only had 1 room available but will be getting a bigger one soon I hope. The Activities are amazing her like bingo, arts&crafts, bridge and even a Happy Hour. They have a bus that will take us shopping. They have a chef here that makes wonderful food. I would recommend this to anyone.

Pet Friendly

We are so glad we moved. The community is great they let us take our 2 little dogs. The community is 100 years old but you wouldn't know it considering the way they maintain the outside and the inside it's beautiful. In fact, they will be building an outside deck soon for us to enjoy.
The food is wonderful and the portions they serve are a little too much to eat but they give you the option to order a half meal.
There are lots of activities to do here such as outings to the parks and they have the movie night.

Elegance and Tradition...

The Leopold Retirement Residence reflects the elegance and tradition of yesteryear. The original architecture had been restored and the historic Leopold building is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Residents enjoy a gracious retirement lifestyle offering both Independent Retirement and Assisted Living options, all in beautiful surroundings. Apartments feature interesting architectural detail and are complete with full kitchens/kitchenettes and baths plus security, fire and emergency call systems. Rich textures and soothing colors add to the genteel atmosphere.

Assisted Living at The Leopold is especially for individuals who find they need personal assistance with daily activities to make their lives more comfortable and secure. Our caregivers provide assistance with dressing, grooming, bathing and medications. Our caregivers recognize the need for dignity, privacy and caring support for each resident. Assisted Living at The Leopold is an extremely cost-effective level of care for seniors who need assistance and help, but don't need the high level of medical care, expense and lack-of-privacy associated with long-term, skilled nursing homes. Assisted Living services help seniors maintain their independence and enjoyment of life.