The Kensington - Sierra Madre, CA

Very impressive!

This is a fabulous facility. I didn't sense that they were quite as flexible as I would have liked. They did not have an appropriate opening at the time we needed to place Mom and it was a bit more of a distance from family who could visit on a regular basis than we would have liked. Apart from that, it's a wonderful place.

The Kensington deserves 10+ Stars

My 86 year old father moved to The Kensington after spending 2 months in the hospital/rehab. Although he had been recovering, he was still not well and for the first time in his life, he needed a lot of physical assistance. I researched a lot of places before making the decision to have my father move in here and it was very clear that The Kensington offered a much higher level of assistance than any other assisted living facility in the area.

The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The company philosophy is: "We promise to care for your family as we do our own". Many companies say a lot of things, but I felt this was true every time I visited and when I did not visit for a few days, my father would tell me what great care he was getting and I knew that he felt the same.

I would highly recommend The Kensington to anyone that is looking for a place for their loved one to live and needs a lot of personal care.

if your looking for a place that need a care taker all the time this is not the place we hired an extra company to take care of my grand parents but over all it is a 5 star the cleanliness is a 5 star in my book the activities are a 3.5 they really havent used any

The Kensington Sierra Madre—located on the northwest corner of Sierra Madre Boulevard and Hermosa Avenue—is an assisted living and memory care residence currently under development in the heart of Sierra Madre. Doors will open in late fall 2014.

Nearly five years ago, a small group of senior living visionaries joined together to develop a community where they’d like their own Mom and Dad to live. The Kensington is their dream, based upon a simple but powerful philosophy: “to love and care for your family as we do our own.”

With this approach in mind, The Kensington Team remains committed to excellence in every way. They have collaborated with talented developers and designers, specialty care experts and accomplished medical colleagues. They have assembled a loving team whose passion for service to seniors is as great as theirs. Very importantly, they have structured an enhanced program—which includes a full spectrum of clinical support—to offer care beyond what the traditional assisted living community can deliver. As a result, residents will be able to continue living at The Kensington, even if assisted living health care needs change or increase.

The Kensington has also developed a two-tiered memory care program to address issues unique to each phase of memory loss. Connections promotes independence with meaningful activities for residents in the early to middle stages of memory loss. Haven features supervision and security for residents in the middle to late stages of memory loss and whose needs are more complex.

The Kensington Sierra Madre is now accepting risk-free, fully refundable reservations. Ask about eligibility for The Charter Club, which features exclusive privileges for qualifying residents.