The Hidenwood Retirement Community - Newport News, VA

I like living at The Hidenwood

I like living at The Hidenwood because it is close to my daughter and her family. The nursing staff is wonderful. My favorite thing, I love sitting in the courtyard listening to the crows. I enjoy the outdoors. The flowers and landscaping are very pretty outside. it is very peaceful.

Hidenwood

The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful.

Really great place to live, very clean community and friendly staff.

Great place for your loved one

Wonderful visit at The Hidenwood Retirement Community

Mom visted The Hidenwood Retirement Community with me and loved it! She joined the Resident's morning coffee social and trivia group, saying "what a wonderful group of people". The food was delicious and everyone was friendly and offered a warm welcome.

Mom Likes it Here

My mother is doing great here at this community. She loves it. The only thing that she doesn't like, is that there are residents older than her. Other than that issue she is having a good time since her move here. The staff is great. She likes the area where the community is located, and everything is working out very well. I'am very pleased with her move to this community, and I would highly recommend it.

To Many Add On's, But Tour Went Well

My family and I had a pretty good tour of this community. Everything looked nice, and well maintained. The director was a sweetheart. The only issue we had was that there were many add on charges. We felt with time this community would become too expensive for her budget. It is a nice community, but it wasn't the one for us.

Erika Lovegreen

Thank you for taking the time to tour us. We are glad you had a positive experience. If something changes, please do not hesitate to reach out.

A Wonderful New Home for Dad

After caring for my Father [Removed] at home for the last year, I found I could no longer provide him with the Professional care he needed. I visited 5 Asstisted Living facilities in the area but kept coming back to Hidenwood. Barb [Removed] was most gracious every time I dragged a friend or family member there for yet another tour. When I signed the final paperwork, I broke down and cried. She took me in her arms and assured me they would take good care of Dad. And so you have. The second day there, he said, "I love it here, I could stay here forever!". He has told me about how well he is treated by ALL the staff and he LOVES the food. On one of the visits before placing him, I noted a virtual stampede of the residents clamoring to get to the dining room! As I wandered into the activity room, several residents said, "We love it here and we mean that." I did not have to ask them for this response, they just told me. I thought, "This is the place for Dad." I cannot tell you how at ease I am knowing he is in your Loving Care. I thank you, all of you for your dedicated and hard work.

Talented, caring, and very upbeat staff!

The staff of The Hidenwood seem to truly love what they do, and it makes for a happy and healthy environment for the residents. I feel uplifted just visiting, and my mom is very happy with her new community.

Live laugh and Love should be the motto for Hidenwood

Hidenwood is the best placement choice for my Motherinlaw that we could have found. It exceeds all that we were looking for to meet the needs and care for her. The best part about it all is the pleasant and positive attitudes of all the staff. The helpfulness, and cheeriness of everyone and the love they have for all the residences. They truly seem to value and enjoy what they are doing for these Seniors. I know we are in good hands withThe Hidenwood Retirement Community. Cindy A Hoesly

Excellent Community

My Mom is a resident at The Hidenwood Retirement Community and is making the adjustment to the lifestyle there. Mom states that the staff is very friendly and the food is great. The dining experience is well organized and their staff is also very friendly. The staff to resident ratio is acceptable.

So far, so good.

So far, so good. It's just getting used to it that is difficult. I don't really have any complaints or anything that I think needs to be improved. The major headache and the one I wish I could rate, has been the VA. Trying to get the process going has been the most difficult thing. It's difficult to even get an appointment.

The Hidenwood

Very friendly, home like atmosphere with respect to staff; however, some residents are cliquish. Food is quite palatable and the grounds are bucolic.

It has been wonderful, we love it.

It has been wonderful, we love it. She really loves it there too. It just has a really warm and friendly atmosphere when you go in, they really are more cozy and friendly. The meals are about 50/50, but the cleanliness, and care all of that stuff is up to par as well. We are very pleased.

See for Yourself! The Hidenwood Retirement Community

We chose The Hidenwood Retirement Community for our 91 year old father and have been very comfortable with the decision. The staff from front desk to management are always courteous and helpful and seem to be very in touch with the residents in a caring, compassionate way. The response to any type of concern/care for our father has been addressed and even suggestions to us on how to deal with his adjustment to a new environment. Needless to say I would recommend taking the tour of The Hidenwood in your search for the right community for your loved one!

Lynn Trudeau gave another g...

Lynn Trudeau gave another great presentation of the community. Again, this community is perfect however to pricy to meet my needs.

The Hidenwood Retirement Community is
a community that gives residents a true feel
of Southern hospitality since 1986.

Newport News is a town where friendships
last a lifetime, neighbors help each other,
and families have roots. Chances are, if
you’ve lived around here or in the area you
already know someone who lives at The
Hidenwood.
Apartments have been newly renovated
to include all full size appliances.
Newly renovated court yard to include
water fountain & state of the art
exercise equipment.
Up and coming renovations to both outside and inside within the next 6months.

3x Choice Award Assisted Living winner by the Daily Press