The Heritage Inn - Charlottesville, VA

Taking Good Care Of My Loved One

My loved one is doing well here at this community. From what I've heard she is doing well. They are taking good care of her and her needs. The community looked nice and well maintained. They have a good staff, they have been good to work with. So far everything is working out well. It is a nice community with kind people.

The Heritage is an older place, it was noisey, the rooms are nice and large but they didn't offer private rooms at the time and it was hard for family to visit in a small shared room. Other family members who visited her Mom didn't like the place. My Mom was only there for 5 days.

Nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Heritage Inn! The caretakers here are very friendly, and they've done a great job looking out for my loved one. The facility itself is nice and clean, and they have a lot to provide for their residents. I would recommend them to other families!

No frills, just good care!

My father was in the memory care wing at The Heritage Inn. Facility was clean and staff were great. They are very accommodating and willing to work with you to meet your requests.
Facility is slightly older and doesn't have the frills of other places, but the care your loved one receives is more important.
The facility is very open and residents can move about freely and feel comfortable. However if your parent is not comfortable with "wanderers" in their room that may be a concern. Staff does help in these situations and keep everyone corralled for activities throughout the day.
Great place if you need dimentia/Alzheimer's care!

Very nice place!

They do a wonderful job at The Heritage Inn, we're very happy with them! They're a very family oriented community, they keep me up to date on the status of my loved one and they are always happy to answer any questions we have about the care he is receiving. I feel like they are as good to my Mom and I as they are to my Dad, who lives here! He's had somewhat of a hard time settling in, but they've been very accommodating and worked hard to help him feel at home.

Personal, Warm, happy staff, home-like

The Heritage Inn is full of caring compassionate and responsible staff I always have a sense that in someone's home based on the amount of love in the building. The smiles, smells, design and decor are inviting and comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to avoid the big company institutional type communities.

Nice memory care facility

Overall they've done a great job at Heritage Inn. All of the aides and caregivers who work with Mom are very friendly, and you can tell by the way that she responds to them that they work well together. I guess my only complaint is that there can be a lot of standing around waiting to be let in or out of the locked memory care area when we visit.

I found Heritage Inn to be most welcoming during my initial search.

I found Heritage Inn to be most welcoming during my initial search. They were pleasant, and Danielle really went out of her way to make me feel welcome during the tour. Kelly the operations director worked with me to make sure we could get our loved one in. She helped work through some legal issues other communities might have turned us away for. They always seem to have activities going for the people, and the food is fantastic.

Danielle Flippin

Thank you for your review. We try to make our families feel at home as soon as they walk through the doors.

Very pleased with Heritage!

Mom's just been at Heritage for a week, but she's off to a great start. She's an Alzheimer's patient and not the easiest to deal with, but the staff are warm, friendly, and patient. They'll help her look for her shoes or whatever she thinks is lost or stolen. They puree her food and then puree it again when she says it's too lumpy. When she forgets she's eaten and asks for food between meals, they find her something she likes and serve it to her with smiles. They tell me she's a sweet lady, and they mean it. They know how to find the good in people and to treat them with kindness and affection.

We were glad to see they discontinued the Halidol Mom was given at another facility, agreeing that she no longer needed it. Also, when we suspected Mom had a UTI, the nurses tested her right away, and when the test came back positive, got her started on the antibiotics she needed. This was a great relief.

The only wrinkle we've come across is that relatives often call and cannot get through to Mom. The phone in the Daybreak unit will ring continuously, sometimes 25 times, with no one picking up. That said, this is likely because the staff are busy with the patients, rather than the phone. We're hoping they iron out that wrinkle, but believe Heritage has its priorities straight, in taking care of the patients first.

Danielle Flippin

Thank you for your review. We have implemented new procedures for phone calls, I hope this process has been easier for you and your family.

Nightmare

My grandmother was left to dehydrate and starve. She was treated brutishly and without regard to her sensibilities. The level of care she was to receive was misrepresented by the marketing staff.

Danielle Flippin

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you feel your grandmother was neglected and the level of care we provide was misrepresented. We have changed our policies and procedures when it comes to room service. Please call [removed] or email me [removed] to further discuss this issue.

Too many add on charges. O...

Too many add on charges. Outside area is very small. Nice and clean. Shower in the room.

Danielle Flippin

The only add on charges we have is for incontinence and two person mobility fee. We do not have different level tiers and charges. We are about to add a second outside area as well. I hope this helps.

We did not care for this fa...

We did not care for this facility. The Memory Care unit lacked interest and was a bit depressing. The outdoor space was awful.

Danielle Flippin

We are getting ready to start some renovations in our Memory Care community. We are always open to suggestions.

A great place for my mother

I cannot say enough good things about The Heritage Inn. My mother previously had lived at two other Charlottesville assisted living facilities--they do not even compare. I will admit that at first glance, it isn't as fancy as some, but if that is the only reason someone goes elsewhere, they have made a huge mistake. The entire staff is so involved with each person that lives at the Heritage Inn. The staff and residents are like family. The care is way beyond anything that we paid extra for at the other two facilities. They have gone out of their way to help her adjust and be involved in activities. My mother is very happy at The Heritage Inn.

Danielle Flippin

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am happy to hear your mother is happy here! We strive to give our residents personalized attentive care.

a possibility, but not a top choice a...

a possibility, but not a top choice at this time.

Danielle Flippin

I am happy to hear we are a possibility for your loved one. Can I ask why we are not a top choice?

The Heritage Inn was established to provide the very best in assisted living. We strive to offer individualized care and attention in meeting the needs of our residents. The environment at The Heritage Inn, a warm and homelike residence, provides the opportunity for residents to enjoy each day to its fullest. We find it a privilege to serve senior adults, a very special group in our society.

We invite you to visit The Heritage Inn, share a meal with us, meet staff and see the residence firsthand. We will answer questions and provide printed information for your perusal.

The Heritage Inn... "Personalized Attentive Care in Our Gracious Homelike Setting."