Avendelle Assisted Living Weaver Crossing - Apex, NC

Great experience

it was a lucky day I found [name removed] for my father. I always felt like the staff was friendly, caring and attentive. I like the small patient base concept because I felt there was always someone who could talk with me about his day.
Thanks to everyone at Avendelle for the 16 or so months of great care for him.

Recommended to me and I love it

I chose Avendelle for 2 reasons, 1 being that it was recommended to by 2 separate doctors, and the other being that it’s such a beautiful home. There were a few issues the first week that my mom moved in but they have since been taken care of. The staff here is very kind and attentive, easy to get along with, and they really try their hardest to make sure the residents are taken care of. My only suggestion is that they might need a bit more training because there were certain days where I would have to teach them things that they should’ve already known. Any family who has a loved one staying here gets a code to the front door so they can come and go as needed. It doesn’t feel institutionalized and it feels like we can actually have good quality family time. The food here is so great too! I’ll walk in sometimes to see what they’re making and even MY mouth starts watering! I’ve watched them prepare lunches and dinners and it’s always fresh and from scratch. They don’t waste anything; I’ve even seen them prepare soups with leftovers! They’re so attentive to what the residents like and don’t like – my mom doesn’t like iceberg lettuce, so they give her romaine lettuce. It’s these small things that really make a big difference. They have tons of activities like entertainers, arts and crafts, going for drives for ice cream, and even a fitness trainer and the grounds are lovely, there’s tons of flowers and rosemary. They don’t do the laundry here on site, but they do have it sent out to be done and that’s usually every day so everything stays clean and tidy. I love it here and I recommend it for anyone.

Had A Good Tour!!

My sister took a tour of the community and she thought it was a nice little place. The tour guide was courteous with her and gave her a tour all around the community like the bedrooms, dinning room and activities center. The only thing that she didn't like was that there were not many activities offered. The place was clean and had a good layout to it.

The Havens @ Weaver Crossing was a life saver for my mom.

Weaver Crossing was a life saver for my mom. After being at a large facility in Durham with mixed sexes, constant issues going on, "no one" ever knowing "anything" about how certain things happened, constant chaos, and never getting the truth from mgnt, we could finally lay our heads down on our pillows at night once we came to Weaver Crossing. What a blessing! We thank God for showing us the way to Weaver Crossing. All the bells and whistles don't mean anything if you're not getting the care. Weaver Crossing provides the care our love ones need and deserve. The staff is wonderful!!! The care is EVERYTHING! It may not be the case for everyone, but smaller was definitely much better for my mom.