The Garnet of Casa Grande - Casa Grande, AZ

Great stay for Mom

Our mother's six month stay at the Garnet in Casa Grande was amazing. The apartment she was/is in is always clean, the laundry services are prompt and the quiet in the neighborhood is pleasant. From the food to the many activities, she stayed busy and was very comfortable. The staff, including [Name removed] and [Name removed], as well as [Name removed], were accommodating and generous with their time. While Mom is happy about her move to California to be with family, she wanted everyone to know she has certainly enjoyed her short stay at the Garnet. She especially enjoyed the field trips and availability of the bus for errands. Also the reception staff were most helpful when we had to call and ask them to go to Mom's room because her cell phone wasn't charged up. No one on your staff every complained about helping. And that also gave us comfort. [Name removed]in maintenance was more than accommodating and quick to help out.

Also years ago our grandmother, [Name removed] was here in the Assisted Living segment and we were very pleased with her care and attention. I think she contributed to some of those puzzles on the wall.

Nice facility and nice staff. But this facility also does not have gluten free meals specifically for people who have gluten intolerance. I was told that I would have to pick things off of the menu that didn't have gluten. They told me that if I wanted gluten free foods, my family could bring in food for me. Also, the facility temp. was too warm for me having MS. I need 72-73 degrees and it was warmer than that there.

Excellent Choice!

The Garnet of Casa Grande is a beautiful community on the outside and inside as well. We couldn't be happier with the place we chose for my mother-in-law. They are so friendly and welcoming and she is doing so much better here with the care she has been receiving. We have dined there with her and the food is very good. They offer a lot of activities and what I really love is that they really go out of their way to encourage the residents to participate. They knock on their doors to invite them and let them know they will be back tomorrow if they didn't want to participate today. The location was perfect for us and the price was right. We would definitely recommend The Garnet to others.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our community! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your mother-in-law is making her home here with us at The Garnet of Casa Grande!

Care and comfort for mom

I am happy that my mom is getting great care from the staff who are always caring and attentive to her needs. The community is clean with a good environment. The activities are excellent. We like the menu and the nice variety. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us and your recommendation of our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is making her home here at The Garnet of Casa Grande!

Not what I was looking for...

The Garnet of Casa Grande was a beautiful place, but it would not have been a good fit for my husband. I was uncomfortable with a number of stairs at this place. I was scared that my husband would fall. I needed something more secure for him.

The Garnet of Casa Grande

I felt like this community wasn't maintained well. There were slapdash jobs in the maintenance of the building, I thought. I could have done a better job on the walls, from what I saw. The tour guide did a fine job, but the staff that was working, I felt like they were there to do a job, and that was it. The food we were given was not good. The quality of the food was below average. I didn't feel like the neighborhood was safe. The home and the neighborhood around it was run down. It's right next to one of the busiest streets in town, and if you have dementia or a walker, it's dangerous.

SLC Midwest

We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a wonderful experience at our community. Please know that our residents safety and comfort is our top priority. My door is always open. Please feel free to reach out by phone number or email, Tammy Nash [removed] or [removed]. I would love the opportunity to address all of your concerns. Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Recommend 100%

The care given is excellent. My Mother is happy and the food and care is very good. I have no complaints the facility is well kept and the staff is very kind and friendly. I would recommend The Garnet to anyone 100%.

The Next Best Place to Home.

My Mother has lived at The Garnet for over 5 years now, thru 3 Directors, frequently changing staff and policy changes which have increased her monthly costs. Tammy, the current Directory, has been there through all these changes, advancing from Business Mgr., to her current position---she has always been friendly, approachable, open minded and loyal to the policies and procedures she is responsible for enforcing, yet, she does her very best to keep her 'residents' safe, happy and their 'homes' affordable. She is a remarkable asset to The Garnet and I believe the 'Garnet' Family is fortunate to have her. My Mother is happy and feels safe there...I think some of the costs are too high, but, bottom line....in my mothers words, "if you can't live at home, this is the next best place to be."

The Garnet is an excellent choice for your loved one.

I can't say enough on how great I think the Garnet of Casa Grande is. The care given is excellent. The family atmosphere is one of the things that make the Garnet a good choice for us. Another big asset in my opinion are the Care Givers, they are nurturing, caring and loving.

A Lot Going On

I think they're price is a little bit high but mom likes it there and I think they're nice to her. She doesn't really require a lot but her meals are provided there, three a day plus snacks. The housekeeping is okay. I've been there when they said they would come back and they haven't so my sister and I did it.

There are quite a few things going on there. I know that people come and play the piano and they play cards and games. They have people come in and do exercise, you know, the type that they can do. They always seem to be pretty busy there. I just feel like for the price all my mother gets there are meals and her room because we giver her her medication and clean her room. I think more attention could be given to those areas.

Nice Place

My dad used to live her. It was the first senior community he ever lived in. He complained about the food there also but he just wants to be at home. It was clean and nice. It was about the same size as where he is now. He moved just to be closer to me.

Everything just fell together

We had been looking at communities over a year ago and Garnet of Casa Grande had availability then but my mother wasn't ready for the mom yet. This year everything started happening and when we decided she was going to move in to a community we called them and they had availability for my mother. Everything just came together; timing, community and finances. We made sure our mom looked at this community and she liked it just as much as we did. Other communities you can only visit during specific hours but here you can visit anytime with only having to call in advance if it is after 8pm. We are very pleased with our choice and would recommend it to anyone.

Set midway between Phoenix and Tucson in a town named for the

Hohokam Indian ruins, The Garnet of Casa Grande Retirement

and Assisted Living Community offers the lifestyle that’s just right

for you. With proximity to both deserts and mountains, extensive

nature trails and a robust historic downtown district, this peaceful

and picturesque community is an ideal place to call home.

Featuring Independent and Assisted Living, The Garnet of Casa

Grande provides a nurturing environment designed to support and

enrich your life