Gardens at Ocotillo Senior Living - Chandler, AZ

Very nice luxury ALF, closer for family, private pay only. May not feel comfort of home for [name removed]

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you'd be willing to provide more feedback on your personal experience, please contact us at [removed]. Thank you.

beautiful, but very expensive. My insurance wouldn't go far enough.

Better for Healthy Residents

This is a wonderful place if you are independent or in the beginning stages of assisted care support. The activities are great, the people are nice. However, with more advanced medical and assisted care needs, the quality is simply not there. Poor communication and medical coordination as well as difficult termination processes with increased charges done without family approval created more stress and many emails with management. Line staff are also not trained well to deal with day to day challenges of someone who needs more care and can seem frustrated.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for your kind words about how wonderful Gardens at Ocotillo is by complementing our staff on the assisted living support they provided and how great our activities program is. Unfortunately we do not offer nor are we licensed to provide a skilled level of care for the day-to-day challenges of a resident who eventually requires it. As a Spectrum community, we strive to create a social but safe experience for our senior population and thank you for your input.

Wonderful Community

My mom would say moving to the Gardens was the best decision they ever made. Such a wonderful, supportive, loving community- from the residents to the entire staff! My parents were treated like loved family. When my Dad passed away, my mom was supported by love and friendship. When my mom passed, I was offered that a same love. The residents are listened to, offered a variety of activities and treated with respect and great care.

Samantha McCue

Karen, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review. We understand the importance of family, and are truly honored that you entrusted us with both of your parents. While it's always difficult to lose any of our community members, reviews like this motivate us to continue the loving care that we pride ourselves on. We wish you a truly great day.

Care and comfort for dad

We toured this community for the case for my father. The staff was nice and they showed her the clean community. They offer meals and activities. My father did not want that location. We would suggest that families might be to consider this tour of the community for the care of a loved one.

Samantha McCue

Thank you so much for your kind review and although our location did not work, your positive comments may help the next family who is looking for a caring community for their parent(s). We appreciate you taking the time to review Gardens at Ocotillo.

Lovely Community

We toured quite a few communities and we liked this one very much. The community is lovely inside and out. They have a swimming pool and a nice patio with tables and chairs and umbrellas to shade you from the sun. Inside is very nicely decorated very bright and cheerful. The staff was nice and very helpful on the tour.

Samantha McCue

Thank you so much for your kind review. At Gardens at Ocotillo we take pride in both our building and our staff and happy that you recognized both. We hope to see you again so we can thank you in person - an invitation to dine with us would be a nice way to show our appreciation.

Mom is enjoying her new lifestyle

I can't believe the drastic change in my mom's attitude. She is loving her new lifestyle. All of her anxiety has gone away she feels safe and secure here she doesn't have to worry about anyone breaking into her apartment. She has a wonderful apartment she calls it 5-star living. She has become social again she is interacting with the residents and making friends. What is nice is she is surrounded by people who she has things in common with. When she wants she joins in any and all activities that she wants she is not forced into anything
. She loves the food. it's wonderful. The location for us is perfect she is so close just about 5 minutes away. But what is nice that the staff and management want the families involved in the community we are always invited to participate or come to social hours or activities they are very family oriented.

Samantha McCue

Thank you so much for your kind words. It makes my heart smile knowing that we are making a difference in your mom's life.

A wonderful home for my Mom

We found a beautiful home for my mother at the Gardens at Ocotillo. So far the staff has answered all my questions and relieved my fears around moving my mother from Ohio to Arizona to a place she hasn't seen! The residents look happy and healthy!

Samantha McCue

One more week and we'll finally meet your mother Tina. We are so excited for her to see Gardens and meet all our wonderful team! Thanks again for your kind review Tina.

Dad is adjusting well!

We are very happy with my father's stay at Gardens of Ocotillo! The staff are very nice and the facility is very clean. Though my father was so upset to have to move out of his home, he is enjoying his time there!

Samantha McCue

Always nice to hear that your father is loving Gardens. We're happy that you chose our community as his new home.

Tour for family

We toured this community for the care of a family member. We liked the staff who showed us a beautiful community. We liked that they had a lot of great meals that are healthy. The activities would have been helpful for her to participate. We would recommend this community for the and the value to other families.

Samantha McCue

Thank you so much for your positive review of Gardens. We appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Very nice and newer community. My parents liked the newness of it and the location. It is quite expensive compared to other communities we have looked at.

Selected this community - it is WONDERFUL!!!

We toured this community and it was bigger then what we were needing. It did not have day care . The staff were help. They have nice clean community. They offer activities for the residents who waout like to participate. The meals seems appealing. The staff were very nice and helpful to answer the questions we had. I recommend other families to tour this nice community.

Not What You Might Think

My mother lived at the Gardens of Ocotillo for 1.5 years. When she moved in, she lived in the AL, but was very independent. All was well until she had a stroke. This community wasn't there for us at all. They made our situation more stressful then it already was. They asked us to buy a hospital bed, hire our own private caregivers, etc. The Gardens caregivers complained (even in front of me) because they wanted to do the least work possible. Accompanying a resident to lunch or reminding them its dinner was probably their best work.

Turnover was constant (the place was only open for 2 years), but heck, their dining staff was better trained then the caregivers or their company directors. If your parent just needs a pretty place, where someone can do their laundry and cook meals then all is well. DO NOT think your parent will age in place here. They will age, but they will soon be out of a place if anything real happens to them.

My family was treated poorly after mom’s illness and the only way for her to recover was to leave. The Gardens of Ocotillo pretended they cared, but two weeks after mom’s illness made it very apparent they did not. Look at the contract closely. There are all types of ways for them to not care for your parent or pretend they require more than they need. They can also give you 14-day notice. Just try to find a loving community and make the switch that quick. This is why the Gardens cost less than other communities. It is a big bait and switch. We left for a new community and mom is thankfully doing great. She is healing and the caregivers are knowledgeable and professional

Samantha McCue

Your mother is a wonderful person Steph and we enjoyed spending time with her during her stay at Gardens at Ocotillo. She loved being involved in the community and we could always count on seeing her in the Lobby and Grand Parlor reading the newspaper. We enjoyed taking her picture at our color theme d dinners because she was so photogenic. We did our very best to take care of your Mom, but unfortunately due to changes in her health she was beyond the scope of care that we can provide based on our company policy. Your mother’s safety along with all of our residents is of the utmost importance to us. As we discussed during the Residency Signing prior to move in, we do issue a 14 day notice should any of our residents’ needs exceed the care that we are able to provide. The majority of our residents are able to age in place but sometimes that is not always possible. For your mother’s safety we needed to act quickly and ensure that her needs could be met in another community and provided you with options of who could. Our team is and always will be available to you for any resources in higher levels of care. We understand how challenging moving is and are pleased to hear that your mother is settling into her new home. Please know it was never our intention to make the circumstance harder. As our mission statement says, “We create exceptional communities by delivering what we commit to those we serve.” We greatly miss seeing your mother, you and family at Gardens at Ocotillo. As always, our door is open for suggestions to make Gardens at Ocotillo the best experience for everyone.

Too Pricey

After having a tour with the nice people here, I found that they were pricey. It also seemed like it was high-end and would not be the place for my dad. They gave me a good tour and I liked what I saw but it was not in our budget.

The staff are excellent

The staff at this community were great when my parents moved in. They were nice and asked if there was anything they could help us with. The residents seem active and friendly. They do not seem to enjoy all the meals. They do have some activities as well as special performances. The community is clean and I would recommend it. They have staff on site that can help with medications and other things.

A good community!

I like living at Gardens. The food is good. The staff are nice and friendly . They keep the community clean and they offer a variety of activities. I would recommend this community.

Food is not good.

Nice building and staff but the food is not good. Dining Room Menu doesn't have enough variety. Bistro food can better but also limited and available only M-F. It does not appear that they are attempting to improve the food options. It appears that most of the food is shipped in and not prepared on site,

dale russell is one person everyone should have the opportunity to do business with. Honest and very impressive on how she handles evaluating peoples needs. Her property is fairly new and very impressive

Samantha McCue

Thank you for your kind words. We love what we do at Gardens and happy that it shows.

Lot's to Do!

This community has a nice lay out and good staff. They were prompt to answer my questions about the community. The community seems to have a lot to do with there residents. That is what stood out to me. I would recommend them to others.

Samantha McCue

Thanks for the feedback! We strive to provide excellent service to our customers and residents at Gardens at Ocotillo. Have a great day!

A nice community!

This is a brand new community. The rooms were ok and the decorations were beautiful. The only complaint I have about the community is the food was not good. The staff were pretty fantastic.

Samantha McCue

Thank you so much for writing a review. Dining options are so important to us. Everyday, Gardens at Ocotillo offers 2 different specials as well as a fish of the day. We also offer a another dinner option in our Bistro. Additionally, we have a number of options to choose from off our menu every day. We remind our residents to always let us know if their meal was not prepared to their liking and welcome them to select something different. We encourage you to come back and try a meal one more time. Feel free to give us a call for more questions or concerns. Thanks again. We really appreciate your feedback.

Attentive Staff!!

My loved one communicates very well with the staff. The staff are nice and friendly. I haven't heard any complaints about the meals. The portions seem to be good and the meals healthy. There are many great activities provided, but they haven't been engaging in them. My loved one is in a safe place with caring staff.

Beautiful, bright, open facility with friendly people. This is a well thought out community. Our contact, Dan [Removed] was warm, caring and very helpful with good suggestions.

very good meeting with Dale [Removed] and she was very upfront of what the prices could run and interested in my need for wife's memory care. did not see much of the place but what I saw it was top notch. Just out of my price range

Samantha McCue

Thank you for leaving feedback about your experience with Gardens at Ocotillo. We are so glad you were able to take a tour of our community. It was a pleasure to meet with you!

A Place where everyone is happy !

Mom was disoriented when we moved her in, but the staff was wonderful in becoming her support and getting her acclimated.

The atmosphere in the building is great, very light, very uplifting, very tasteful.

The residents seem to be overwhelmingly happy - not something you often see !

food in general could be better

Gardens at Ocotillo Senior Living is expensive. The food in general could be better in my opinion. Other than that things are going pretty well. It has been a good experience. The facility is clean. The staff is friendly here.

very welcoming and very friendly

We have had a very good experience with Gardens at Ocotillo Senior Living . In general, everybody is very welcoming and very friendly. The staff makes of point to not only get to know the resident, but also their family members. Every time I visit I am greeted by all the staff members by name. And it shows that they really do care about about the residents.

flexible and willing to work with us

At Gardens at Ocotillo Senior Living their assessments for intake were pretty good. Specifically with my mothers case she was border line between assisted and memory care. We put her in assisted living initially but quickly decided she needed to go to memory care. The staff were flexible and willing to work with us. I really appreciated that.

Nice new place

It's a new place, clean and very nice looking. Friendly staff, nice residents. The food in the dining rooms is mediocre institutional. A bit of a disappointment for a place that is so good in other respects. One staff member changed my father's catheter bag, but didn't attach the new bag properly, so after he left my father leaked urine all over the carpet.

Five Stars!

The Gardens was the first community we looked at, we only looked at others to make sure we made a good decision. Nothing else compared in our opinion.
There is nothing I would request be changed. Wonderful retirement community for my mom.

Beautiful community, friendly people

We are very pleased with how well things are going at The Gardens at Ocotillo, I'd give them top marks across the board! The people here are extremely friendly and helpful, the facility is well kept and clean, and Mom just really seems to love it here. I would highly recommend it!

A very nice place..

The Gardens at Ocotillo Senior Living is a very nice place. I have heard some complaints about the food. That's the only complaint that I have heard. Everything else is very good. Overall, It is a very nice place and I would recommend it.

The Gardens at Ocotillo provide premium independent living, assisted living and memory care in Chandler, Arizona. Our new community delivers affordable luxury with At Your ServiceSM hospitality and concierge services. Our services can help you with the transition to our community through packing and estate services, moving company referrals and more. Once you've moved in, we can help with errands, transportation - everything you need to get the most out of living at The Gardens at Ocotillo. Envision living at the Gardens at Ocotillo Senior Living surrounded by a staff of caring family members. From specialized transportation options to personal shopping, all you have to do is pick up the phone or stop by our reception / concierge desk and we'll be At Your ServiceSM!