Caring staff

The staff at Morningside has been nothing short of awesome especially in dealing with stressful family situations while my grandmother has been a resident there. They are caring, they know their residents and what their needs are. My grandmother has been very happy there for 4 years compared to other facilities where she previously lived.

Please Look Elsewhere for Your Loved One

PLEASE TAKE THIS REVIEW TO HEART. New management took over The Fountains of Troy. The facility is now called Morningside Assisted Living, and it does not measure up to the standards or quality of The Fountains. My grandmother has lived there since August of 2013. At The Fountains, Grandma was very satisfied, as were my family and I. Since the change of hands the facility has gone downhill substantially. They are often understaffed because employees are abruptly quitting their position. Thus, when calling for assistance response times are too slow. They have a very poor, skeleton housekeeping staff. Multiple CNAs openly volunteered that their housekeeper "does terrible work." I was given the impression the facility has just one housekeeping employee. The carpet in Grandma's apartment and the common hallways is filthy with numerous, largely visible stains. As of this past Saturday, it was blatantly obvious that the tile floor in Grandma's bathroom and kitchen had not been mopped since she returned home a week earlier from a rehabilitation facility. After asking two different times to have the floors cleaned they remained dirty; the bathroom floor to the point of being unsanitary. I had to clean the bathroom floor on my hands and knees with wipes. I was told Grandma's apartment was scheduled to be cleaned Tuesday, but that did not occur. If Grandma gets feces on the toilet seat, the CNAs do not clean it off. The laundry room floor was horribly dirty, and the agitators in the washing machines were disgusting with grim. Worst of all, when I arrived to visit Grandma Saturday afternoon, her pants were wet with urine, front and back, up to her waist. She was also sitting in feces, apparently for quite some time and more often than that one instance because her tiny bottom was painful and fire red with rawness. She said she had been calling for help for a long time. During the four days I stayed with Grandma, every CNA who assisted me with her care was new, having worked there one month or less. They were yet to be provided their name badge and uniforms, and they knew very little about the facility's procedures. They didn't even know where to find a mop. All of the CNAs were kind, helpful, and quite encouraging of my presence, but there are obviously internal issues causing personnel to frequently leave their employment. That is never a good sign. The kitchen and evening staff are also helpful and kind. However, due to their demeanor, I feel a couple workers should probably be employed elsewhere. Although, everyone has bad days so I tried to dismiss those individuals' shortcomings and did not have an opportunity to interact with them on further occasions. A kitchen worker who "drove" Grandma to the dining room in her wheelchair Saturday morning ran Grandma's arm into her apartment doorjamb causing a nasty, painful wound. One CNA completely misread circumstances she witnessed and reported, which, coupled with my hateful mother's say so and belief of the far-fetched story, resulted in management calling the police and having me removed and banned from the premises. Now, in the best interests of my Grandma, I am forced to fight my mother and Morningside to regain access to the facility so I can continue giving my beloved Grandmother the additional, proper care and attention she wants and deserves at the end stages of her life. My suggestion to anyone reading this review— look elsewhere for your loved one's place to live.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I would like to reassure you that the comfort and happiness of our residents and the peace of mind of our families is very important to us. We do have many team members with a combined experience equal to decades of caring service to seniors, and we have a robust training program for new team members. In all situations where there is a disagreement between family members regarding care of a resident we are legally bound to respect the wishes of the resident and the caregiver who is the Power of Attorney. We hope you and your mother are able to find common ground regarding your differences.

The food is not very good!

The staff at The Fountains of Troy are great. They did a wonderful job caring for dad while he was there. The community offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. Dad did not enjoy the food offered at The Fountains of Troy.

Mom Is Doing Much Better

We are happy with care and it seems like a good place. She loves to play bingo and other activities. The meals are fine and my mom has gained a few pounds already. The staff do a good job cleaning the facility and I have not seen anything lacking. My brother is able to see my mom often because it is convenient for the family.

Review of The Fountains Of Troy-Troy, Il

My mother and 2 of my aunts are current residents. I would recommend The Fountains in Troy to many people. I had mom here before then she had to go to hospice for a few months. She started feeling better and kept begging me to take her back to The Fountains. Now she is back. Very sweet caregivers, activity director, and the director (Nick) at The Fountains....I feel we made the right choice.

A Real God Send

We were in a panic to find a place for my parents after my mom had fallen several times during the week. I called Nic at Fountains, and I was impressed at how accommodating he was. He made a trip to the house my father was living, and the hospital my mother admitted and did an assessment. He was very patient with me as, I called at home that week with questions. My father is thriving as he acclimated to the community for, he was home bound during the duration of caring for my mother. My mother is at a high level of care, and can be a difficult patient and the staff has handled with professionalism and sincere compassion. At a time when I was fledgling to find a place for both my parents I truly think it was a God thing for them to eventually reside at Fountains of Troy.

Everyday is Mother's Day

Mom came to the Fountains on Mother's Day last year. At first it was difficult making the adjustment from living independently at home to her apartment but the staff was friendly and incouraging. It has now been a year and she seems to have adjusted well. She takes part in activities from "stretch" in the mornings to bingo in the afternoonand excursions on the bus.
Mom has a big family and it's nice to be able to use the little kitchen room for family cards and socializing. We even used the fire place room for her birthday party.
I am very pleased with the care at the Fountains. The nurse is very helpful and keeps me informed of any health concerns. This past winter I was called late at night to let me know mom was having breathing issues. When I got to the Fountains she was ready to go to the hospital with all the necessary paperwork too. So pleased with this devoted staff.

FOOD IS TERRIBLE & NOT MANY ACTIVITIES

The food is terrible! You get better in a hospital. Straight out of the can or package. This place costs a fortune. They should be receiving well prepared, nutritious food. Not many activities. This facility also lacks an exercise room.

activities need improvement

The place is very clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Mom is getting very good care. Mom has complained about the food, but they just recently got a new cook and I think that has improved. Activities would be the one thing I would complain about. My mom can never find the activities that they say their doing. She would love to take part in the activities, but she can never find them, and wonders if the activities they advertise actually take place.

Extremely helpful personnel

My mother has only been at the assisted living for a couple of weeks but so far she seems pretty happy there. The Fountains personnel is extremely nice and very helpful. They try to help her as much as they can.

The facility is very clean.

My mom seems ok with the food and doesn't complain but she is NOT a picky eater. Some of it doesn't look very appetizing to me and a couple of the ladies at her table aren't very happy with some of it.

Mom has had a couple of medical issues since she went to the Fountains and I don't think that she has been able to participate in many of the activities yet. Thank goodness that she went to the Fountains when she did.

Otherwise we don't have any complaints.

Very Pleased

I can not begin to tell how grateful I am to have my 94 year old aunt reside at the Fountains of Troy. All of the employees are friendly, the aides and nurse are very attentive. The aides check on the residents every couple of hours, 24 hours a day. They are very friendly and it is obvious how much they care for the residents. We moved my aunt from another state into an assisted living facility in Maryville and she was assessed by the facility and we were very detailed with the assistance she needed, they said they would provide the assistance. After three weeks they called to tell me we should find a place that could give her more care. I was very upset about this. I spoke to the administrator of the Fountains and she assured me they could take care of my aunt. She has now been there one and one-half years and we are very pleased. My aunt is happy there, as well. I am always telling people to go there if they are looking for a place for their loved ones. (And, I tell them not to go to the other place, unless they need no assistance at all). I do not worry about my aunt at the Fountains, they have called me when she wasn't feeling well. Thank you everyone, at the Fountains!

We really have no complaints at all!

We really have no complaints at all! The price is very fair and the location was great! It's close to my work and close to home! We haven't heard anything negetive about the food, and I would definitely hear something if she didn't like it! It's a very nice facility and everyone is very friendly!

I would use them again, if I had to use rehab again.

They don't really deal with memory care, she was ok, but the caregivers there were not trained for memory care. They worked with her pretty well. They were mostly clean and friendly. I would use them again, if I had to use rehab again.

Great in many important areas and not bad with the little touches either!

I found the Fountains of Troy through Shelia at A Place for Mom. My sister and I had been looking for an Assisted Living facility for my 80 year old Mom with mild dementia for over two years all over the Southern IL region and in STL. We also looked at private nursing care. I have toured many places and talked to several AL directors and staff members over the past few years. I can say without hesitation that the Fountains of Troy is the best I've seen. It started with Michele and Stacy, the Director and Site Manager. They were both extremely kind, responsive to our questions and clearly cared about the residents. They were accommodating to my Mom's needs. The rooms are not the largest I have seen but I have seen a lot smaller. They are nicely done though and most rooms have a great view of the pond or cornfield. The have nice bay windows. The Fountains of Troy has a wonderful Activities Director too and there seems to be a lot going on if the residents want to participate. There is sufficient staff and every time I go to visit someone is checking in on Mom or coming to remind about meds. My Mom said the food is "okay" but I have eaten there and the food is very good. What is great about the Fountains of Troy too is that that there are really nice common gathering areas scattered around the place. Right down the hall from my Mom's room is a nice sitting area with a big screened in porch. Overall the price is right too. My Mom is getting level 1 care. Many places have crazy add on's and such that can add up fast.

Lots of Fried Food

The only thing my mother sort of doesn't care for is the food. It's probably a lot to do with that she's used to cooking her own food but they have a lot of fried food and that bothers her digestion. My mother doesn't participate in the activities. There's not really much of anything she's interested in. They do have a lot of activities, it's just that they don't particularly interest my mother.

You or your loved one will find a comfortable, homelike atmosphere at The Fountains of Troy, IL, a modern Good Neighbor Care® independent and assisted living community for seniors. Our residents are free from the cares of chores and other daily stresses. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to assist with your needs. Always preserving your dignity, independence, and privacy.

Services and Amenities: Private studio apartments, one and two bedroom apartments, suites, kitchenettes, full baths, basic cable TV, telephone, individual climate control, 24-hour emergency call system. All utilities paid except phone and expanded cable. Group dining room; private dining area; multiple living/sitting rooms; fireplace; full-service beauty salon/barbershop; library with public library service. Laundry room, private whirlpool bath, individual locked mailboxes and storage space. Kitchen for personal, group cooking, rooms for crafts, hobbies, games, exercise, devotion, entertainment and activities. Our grounds feature an outdoor courtyard, covered porch, paved walking path, fountains, raised garden and flower beds.