Cedarhurst of Collinsville - Collinsville, IL

Very Good Community.

Overall, I feel that Cedarhurst of Collinsville has done a good job with my loved one. The number of staff members seems low to me, but they are still helpful and accommodating, the food is good, they have a lot of activities, and they keep the facility very clean. My loved one seems to be well cared for here, and I would recommend the community to others.

Comfortable with my Mother Move here

I'am satisfied with my mothers move to this community. She is doing well, and I know she is in good hands. They have a very good staff at this facility. They are attentive, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. Her room, and the facility are nice, and clean when I visit. She would like bigger portions, but overall they do serve well balanced meals. There are nice activities available for the residents when they are ready to participate. This is nice, safe community, and I would recommend it.

We are very happy with the care with this community. The staff is very nice and my mom is doing a great job. The community is clean and we like that the community is close to my brother and me. They offer great activities. The small trips away from the community are wonderful. A very nice place to call home for my mom.We highly recommend this community to other families for a great value.

Understanding Staff

My mother is still taking some time to adjust with the move into the community. I feel she is doing well and has even gained some weight and looks good. The staff here is very friendly and kind they are doing a good job with taking care of my mother. They are very understanding and proactive with me. Everyone here is willing to help care for your loved one and I would recommend this community.

Highly Recommend!

I would highly recommend this community to others. It is very clean, the staff is real friendly and a lot of help. My father is doing great there, he likes the food and has gained some weight. He does prefer watching TV instead of participating in activities but that is normal for him.

They are very friendly but it has only been two months so I really can't say more. But it is all right so far.

My mom has been here for a month and so far they are doing a good job!

I loved it and we will be moving My aunt in as soon as I can. thanks for all your great help

Cedarhurst goes above and beyond!

We've had a good experience with Cedarhurst so far. My mom has been there just over a month and they've taken good care of her. She's gotten sick and fallen and they would do things like bring food to her room or check on her even though they didn't need to; they went an extra step to take good care of my mom.

Buddy welcome here. Complimentary transportation if she should need a ride to church or church meetings.

My experience with Cedarhurst Assiste...

My experience with Cedarhurst Assisted Living has been fine. I've been satisfied with the services they offer. I'm very happy with the facility and care the staff provides to my mom.

Nice looking memory care

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. The staff here were very friendly, and the facility itself was very clean and well kept. They converted a wing of their AL into memory care, so it was an apartment type set-up for the rooms, which we liked. It was on the second floor, however, which made the memory care section feel a bit confined. I also wasn't a fan of the color scheme, it made things feel a bit dark. Overall, it was a very nice place, but not as conveniently located for my family.

Cedarhurst failed us

Cedarhurst completely failed my grandmother.
If your loved one is completely independent then this facility is adequate. However if you need any extra care then this is not the place for you. The nursing staff is laughable and completely unprofessional. They failed to administer meds and then refuse to take responsibility for their mistakes.
This attitude goes all up to the management at the facility. The only redeeming factors are the amazing and wonderful young aids. They do twice the work of the inadequate nursing staff. The first nurse who was never there to answer questions could not even be bothered to do a simple task of assigning and handing out the med-alert necklace until a full week after my grandmother moved in, though we questioned every day. Then she was let go because she was "allegedly" taking patients pain meds, though this issue was never addressed with us only swept under rug under the guise of HIPPA laws. The weekend nurse told my uncle that she couldn't be bothered to give my gram her afternoon pain pills on time when questioned an hour and half after she should have had them. She said that she ran out of the building (where she is the only nurse on call) and now needed to eat her lunch. When we complained to the management about this we were told that she would be spoken to. The next nurse let my gram lay in her own feces without water and instead of making sure she swallowed her pills, gave her a water bottle to drink out of to take her pills. Because this was impossible for her to drink water this way the pill was just spit into the water bottle, which we found next to her bed. Her other 2 pills were found in her bed on her legs. When we asked her and management about this they said they must have been from day before because the nurse is "almost positive" that she saw my gram swallow the pills. Again no apology or accountability from any level. We decided that moment to move my gram home. We were promised that my gram could finish her life at Cedarhurst and not have to move again. They were fully aware of her condition (stage 4 cancer) and were told that they have worked with hospice many times. Time and time again they failed us.
If you love your family member please do not let them stay here. It makes a great first appearance and lots of promises are made about the quality of care that will be given. However time and time again mistakes were made with no accountability at any level.

Memory Care

It just been a few days but my initial impression seems top notch. Staff seems to be very attentive to those needing that extra assistance.

lovely new building. Decor excellent....

lovely new building. Decor excellent. 1 bedroom great size. The Director gave excellent tour was very informative. liked Amenities and services. Definitely met mother needs. Liked the pre-assestment proir to moving in. (+) option for higher level of care. (-) no kitchen in room, a little older atmosphere. Location not sure want Mother in illinois. 1 bedroom @ max end of budget.

Very nice, brand new. Not any grounds...

Very nice, brand new. Not any grounds or outdoor room. Has the largest apts. of any in area.

Cedarhurst of Collinsville offers assisted-living apartments in a beautiful residential neighborhood. Families love our wide range of services designed to promote independence, comfort and connections.

Our staff devotes themselves to providing exceptional personalized service. Our goal is to work together to ensure residents are happy, comfortable, and personal care needs are met.

From friendly reminders to assistance with personal care, we design individual plans to suit your particular needs. Our beautiful and inviting community offers apartments for private occupancy with private bathrooms and kitchenettes.

Cedarhurst of Collinsville is more than just a place to live – it is a community. Your day may be filled with crafts, games, exercise classes or a movie screening with your neighbors. Or you might join your friends for an outing. Cedarhurst is filled with warmth, family, friends and a sense of pride. Come by today to experience this satisfying lifestyle for yourself.