Parkway Gardens & Arbors at Parkway Gardens - Fairview Heights, IL

Peace of mind

Parkway Gardens is GREAT, my father has been there for six weeks. he absolutely loves this community and I will tell you he is not a easy man to please! :-)
The staff is like family, they are available 24/7, no one goes hungry in their little community. The variety of food for each meal is unbelievable even on weekends, snacks available all the time, the activities they offer to the residents is so nice. Housekeeping keeps the home exceptionally clean. The laundry for the residents is their clothes only rather than throwing everyone's clothes in together on wash day
Parkway Garden is the place for any family member that just cannot live along any longer, I have peace of mind knowing my father is taken care of so well.

Nice Community, But To Expensive

This is a nice community, my tour went well. It is a smaller community compared to others. From what I saw the community appeared to neat and tidy. The staff was kind and friendly. It was just to expensive for our budget. It was a nice tour and I would've felt comfortable placing my father here. It was just to expensive.

A Tour For Us

We were able to take a tour of the nice community. It was a wonderful place and I liked how the manger followed up with us afterwards many times. He called to see how Grandma is doing.

So far so good

So far so good at Parkway Garden & Arbors at Parkway Gardens. I have no complaints at this point. Everything seems to be going well at this facility. It has been a good experience so far.

A Great Experience

It was a just great experience. They were very personable, and had a friendly staff. They definitely made us feel welcomed when we entered. It seems as if it is a good place and it is a place I would use again.

Parkway Gardens

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Our team works hard every day to deliver a great customer experience. If we can be of any further assistance to you, let us know. We take great pride in all we do.

Lynn Haas
Executive Director

Overpriced and overrated

I think its overpriced, over rated, and the food they serve is not that good. It is clean. Everyone is very nice. It is overpriced. I rate the care services 3 stars because it needs improvement. They offer activities.

pat cokingtin

Thank you for your comments about our community. I am glad you find our staff friendly and our community well-maintained and clean. We're sorry we did not meet (or are not meeting) your expectations in terms of dining. If you our your family member is a current resident at Parkway Gardens I encourage you to bring your concerns and suggestions to Lynn Haas our administrator. Lynn and her team are committed to a great customer experience for all of our residents. Dining is always a main focus for our residents. So knowing food preferences is important. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and please reach out to Lynn.

Pat Cokingtin
Senior Vice President, Americare

The Nursing Home Alternative

Arbor At Parkway Gardens in Fairview Heights, IL 62208 was the best alternative to a traditional nursing home. The residents get the care like a nursing home, but more attentive to individual needs. The atmosphere is like a 5 Star Hotel that is warm, clean, and homey feeling. Staff was friendly and seemed authentically sincere. If your love one has to be self-paid, the Arbor is the same or minimally higher in cost. The Arbors is a place that you can feel, "They will take care of your love one the same or better than you could. You, as a care-giver, can have peace of mind.

Arbors at Parkway Gardens

The staff seems to be very caring and gets to know the residents. The food could be better. There seems to be a lot of turnover. They are great about keeping me informed about my parents.

We toured the Arbors at Parkway Gardens due to it being the memory care facility. The rooms were of good size and can come furnished if needed. They have a chef who will prepare a meal for your love one. This facility is very nice and is comparable in price. The staff was very nice and friendly.

They only care about getting your 5+ grand each month. They don't do any special diets, their daily activities are a joke. They force the residents to do things they don't want to do and they allow residents who have mental issues live there and put their other residents and their staffs lives at risk.

Very nice looking community!

We toured this location when we were looking into memory care options for my loved one. This place looked absolutely wonderful, it was clean, well kept, and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately at the time of my search they did not have any single room openings for memory care, which is what our loved one preferred. This would like have been our first choice, if they had had the availability!

Parkway Gardens

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Our team works hard every day to deliver a great customer experience. If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.
Lynn Haas
Executive Director

My siblings and I feel like...

My siblings and I feel like this place would be the perfect fit for dad. The smaller size would work best for him.the outside area was perfect since he can enjoy watching other areas outside of the home. The closets are smaller to hold only the current seasons clothes. they had a dresser nets the common area for residents if they like to rummage through the drawers. I feel like this place really gets it. But the price is out of dad's range.

Nice looking facility, and a friendly staff

We had our loved one here until health reasons necessitated a move, and overall they did a very good job. The facility itself was very well kept and clean. The staff were friendly and did a good job of providing enough care and activities to keep the residents comfortable and entertained.

What I would want for myself

I only had her there for a couple of days, it was assisted living and I found she needed more care. That was a fantastic place and I have no complaints about it at all. The mistake I made was when I was looking for a place, I was looking for a place that I would like to stay and I wasn't really looking for her needs. I found the place to be very accommodating, very nice, the people were great and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Own apartments

It's a small community with a lot of staff. The staff to resident ratio is really good. The food looks good and they appear to be good portions. The setting is very pretty; it is a newer community so it is very pretty. Each resident has their own apartment, which are pretty spacious. Parkway Garden is more the assisted living side of the community while Arbors is the memory care side. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Fine food with choices to chose from

My husband did a lot of things himself but they still checked in on him to make sure he was doing his meds right. He had a stroke, he doesn't really communicate a lot with people but they did come and get him for some of the activities so he did participate in that and he enjoyed going to his meals. Like breakfast, he usually chose what he wanted, they had a menu, but he chose what the wanted. He had 3 meals a day, on time, and he didn't complain too much about the food but I think some of it was frozen and rpepared like that and it wasn't always real hot but he tolerated it and I ate there a couple of times and it wasn't too bad. They usually had 2 selections at least to chose from. From what I know I think it was a pretty good value money wise it was agreeable I think.

Lots of Windows

We chose this location because it is a really small community and really feels like home, does not have the hotel feeling. It is really bright inside because of all the windows. The have activities if you chose to participate. The staff is really friendly and helpful.

Have visited with my dad and enjoyed ...

Have visited with my dad and enjoyed a lunch with the Director. We like Parkway Gardens but they feel Dad would do well at Assisted living but his doctor thinks he should be in Memory Care. He is currently at Cedarhurst of SHiloh in Memory Care and is not happy there.

I love this place. I had such a warm ...

I love this place. I had such a warm and fuzzy feeling when I left there.

The facility was nice although a litt...

The facility was nice although a little expensive.

This was a very facility, but rather ...

This was a very facility, but rather pricey. I did like the location to my home.

Parkway Gardens, assisted living by Americare opened in September of 2010 in Fairview Heights, IL. Sikeston-based Americare is a privately held provider of eldercare services throughout the region. Founded in 1981, the company owns and operates assisted living and skilled nursing centers throughout Missouri, Kansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and now Illinois. Along with a sister memory care facility The Arbors, Parkway Gardens employs a staff of over 25 full and part-time caregivers along with a campus Director of Nurses and full-time, around the clock licensed nurses in addition to an Administrator.
Parkway Gardens is a 28-unit assisted living community offering three floor plans each equipped with a full private bath, walk-in closet, and kitchenette. Along with a restaurant-style dining room and two living rooms within the main building, Parkway Gardens also offers a private dining room, in-house beauty salon, exercise area, self-serve café, library, and outdoor porch with walking path.
At Parkway Gardens, we provide what you need when you need it. We also realize that everyone’s need for help varies day to day. From simple reminders, to an extra pair of hands, or a shoulder to lean on, just let us know.