Love it

My mother in law seems to enjoy living at The fountains. The entire staff are friendly and we have good communication. She loves the food and they offer a lot of activities. They even went on a boat to watch the eclipse. The community is very clean and this is one of the things we liked most about the community. I would recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience; I’m glad to hear that you and your Mother-in-law are satisfied and happy. I’ll share your compliments with dining services and our caring team to thank them for loving what they do. I’m glad it shows. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your loved one continues to thrive. Sincerely, Terri Horton, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Terri Horton.

An excellent senior community.

I would highly recommend the Fountains to anyone looking for a senior living situation. My sister and I searched and visited several local facilities and none compared. The staff are all friendly and warm. They truly care about the well being.of the residents and do all they can to make them feel welcome. This week, after a hurricane caused flooding, they had to evacuate residents. They had a clear, organized plan for all the levels of needs of the residents and kept them as comfortable as possible for the 5 days they spent in a shelter. Though my parents stayed with me during this time, I was kept informed of the status and told when it was safe for them to return. The staff was at the door welcoming them home. My parents have lived here for one month and were truly glad to go HOME. That says it all.

The Fountains

The Fountains is a great place with a wonderful staff. They have all kinds of activities for their guests. Their meals are very nutritious. I would highly recommend this facility for a loved one.

They were very accommodating..

The Fountains At the Albemarle is a nice place. My loved one has been there for a few months. She is very comfortable there. They were very accommodating. The staff is very, very friendly. I would definitely recommend this facility. It's a nice community and it's affordable. The facility is nice and it's clean. I can't rate the care services because my loved one is in independent living. It is not applicable.

They are doing a fine job

The Fountains At the Albmarle is a nice community. They are doing a fine job. My parents are quite happy being there. They are an honest facility. It is very clean and fresh. Everyone has been kind. We are very pleased.

Great looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking for care options for our loved one. When we were looking in the Rocky Mount area this was one of our top two picks. It is a very nice looking facility, and the grounds are gorgeous. It looked like they had a lot of nice amenities to offer the residents, and the rooms were large and spacious. This place was also very affordable for what they offer!

Very Clean, Attractive with a friendly atmosphere.

My father went to this facility as an assisted living resident. Shortly after arriving he became ill and went to the hospital for 4 nights. Upon returning to the facility he went into the skilled nursing unit. The staff at the Fountains have been very cooperative in working through the changes. I and my father have been treated with dignity and respect. They are working with Dad in an effort to get him back into assisted living. I am impressed with staff, both administrative and the the employees that take care of the residents. Many activities are available for the residents to participate in.

Great Place

Both the Independent Living and the Skilled Nursing areas are great! The dining areas are nice and the staff in both sections are so nice! The fact that we were able to find a place that offers Independent Living and Skilled Nursing under the same roof AND closer to home was so great! The Independent Living is an apartment, too, and not just a room. Both of my loved ones feel so fortunate to be here together!

Crazy place, would be better for someone active

This was weak, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week it was just weak. I know they get a high rating but once you move in they kind of forget about you, it's crazy, you can't find your key, you can't find a diaper, it's just crazy. We're all going to get there eventually but what's important is that they take care of you. I'm not trying to bash the Fountains, they're fine if your active but my father in law wasn't.
Their facility is nice and it's clean, I mean it's clean, clean. I could walk around there with a glove and not pick anything up.
They had given my father in law the code to leave out the door and I was like "what the hell?!" and then he gave that number, which he barely remembered, to another man who went out and got drunk. It was crazy, it was like high school days when you went out, got drunk and came home. I guess when you get older you start to miss those days, and when you're 80 you really miss it.

Things are so-so, it's just that this...

Things are so-so, it's just that this is our first experience with it. The palce has been very accomodating, we've actually moved her around a bit at their suggestion. They've been good, they've provided the services, we felt a little ripped off with the babysitting services we were getting, there's no doubt in my mind we paid through the nose, I really doubt they didn't have someone who could be there. Now she's in memory care which is a lot different and she's not happy about it but it is what it is. There's a pretty high ratio of staff to residents (if you listen to her, she calls them "inmates"). She has great ups and downs of lucidity, so there's times when she doesn't need memory care at all but she's figured out she can't leave. The cares pretty good, she's fallen a couple of times but they've been all over it and taken her to the hospital. For the most part they're there and can take care of her, are they always warm and fuzzy? No, but I can't imagine doing their job all day and being warm and fuzzy all the time. It's never crossed our minds to look elsewhere, we know she's safe, we know they're looking after her, she's getting fed, she's waited way too long to do this, she waited 10 years too long. People should do this when they're fairly independent and have most of the faculties.

Welcome to a quaint little community of friends and neighbors tucked neatly at the edge of one of the loveliest of America's historic towns. Tarboro, North Carolina, settled centuries ago, hasn't lost a bit of its original charm. Main Street, with its village shops, town square and stately homes, is picture perfect. Around the corner and just up the banks of the Tar River, our three-story, brick-front community beckons you inside, where residents are busy making history of their own.

Welcome to retirement living with gracious Southern hospitality... at The Fountains at The Albemarle.