Brookdale Rocky Mount - Rocky Mount, NC

Brookdale Rocky Mount - Rocky Mount, NC has yet not published prices.

A good atmosphere

This community is bright, neat and clean. Dad seems to like the food and they do offer some daily activities. The staff have been supportive, friendly and take good care of dad. This community is in a good location for us. This community has a good atmosphere and I would recommend taking a look at it.

Friendly staff but didn't meet our needs

Brookdale is a nice place.The nurses are very friendly. We unfortunately have to move my loved one because he needs more physical therapy.It's a lovely community but just wasn't a good fit for us.

Facility looks good but look beneath the fluff

Some of the staff truly care about the residents but for most, it is just a job. Poor communication exists shift to shift. There is not enough staff to care for the needs of the acuity level of the residents. If a resident has problems with communication and/or understanding, there are little activities in which they can participate and they end up sitting in his/her room all day. The facility RN is very willing to listen and discuss concerns as is the Pt. Care Coordinator but that is all in management that seem to care. Many residents report follow through with residents' concerns by the Ex. Dir. to be poor. Some feel the major concern is money. Management calls family members periodically to ask if we have any concerns but as of yet, I have not had one concern met. It seems to lie dormant on the Ex. Dir. desk.

Brookdale Rocky Mount - A Home Away From Home!

After visiting several assisted living communities, Brookdale Rocky Mount far exceeded any of our expectations. They truly go out of their way to make every resident feel like part of a family. They meet any and all of their needs and offer activities and outings to fill the days. They are kind and compassionate to everyone and the rooms are spacious and clean. Could not have asked for anything better!

BrookDale Rocky Mount needs major restructuring

My Father only spent 2 months there. I visited at leas 5 times a week. From top down....Management bad, serious lack of coordination and communication with staff. Staff, obvious that the vast majority was there for a paycheck, actual caring about residents was secondary at best. They were ignorant towards guests as well. Housekeeping....yeah, right. Laundry was supposed t be done every Tuesday and Friday. We (my daughter and I) had to continually ask for it to be done. Cleaning the room....right. He had an "accident" in the and it took 3 days to get it cleaned. The facility is a disgrace to assisted living. I will be filing a similar letter to the BBB and NC Council on Aging

Finding happiness at The Sterling House

Had a short window to find an affordable, friendly, clean facility for my mother-in-law. With the Lord's help, we found all the above at the Sterling House of Rocky Mount!!

All the staff have made it a wonderful experience for her in a difficult time to relocate from a family member unable to provide appropriate care.

Within a very short time frame she has made friends and tells us she wins all the Bingo games and prizes during the week.. Bless her heart!

Friendly Staff

Very friendly staff. Goes above and beyond to ensure resident is happy and taken care of. Beth Cooper goes above and beyond and truly cares of the well being of the patient.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking for care options for our loved one. When we were looking in the Rocky Mount area this was one of our top two picks. It is a very nice looking facility, and the grounds are gorgeous. It looked like they had a lot of nice amenities to offer the residents, and the rooms were large and spacious. This one was a bit more expensive than the other option we liked.

First week at The Sterling House

Very smooth transition for my 100 year old precious step mother. She is happy; we are happy and very grateful she is a resident of The Sterling House.

Of the 3 I visited today I ...

Of the 3 I visited today I liked this best! Spoke with John the new Executive Director, shows great pride of ownership and proud that they have 81% employee retention! Now for the [removed] offers alot of room options has a basic fee with add ins for care needs such as bathing,meds and oxygen supply. They do not accept Medicade but do accept the veterans benefits. Staff very friendly and residence seem happy as there were 6 ladies on the porch when I came in and had moved to common area (has a fireplace) when I left. John showed great patience with one of the dementia residence that interrupted us twice doing our tour! Wish they accepted Medicade but still plan to find see if there is a way to work it out!!!

Change in management is rough

I would have given them a 5 but theres been a change in management (or lack thereof). It has been a little rocky, im there at least 2 days a week and I can tell not only with the patients but also with the amployees, with the change in management they aren't doing as well. They're still the same employees and the know me. She has add on services, theres one that i don't feel shes getting her money for, in the bathing and dressing area. They used to come in and make sure she had her pajamas on and turned down the sheets. They do come in and lay out her clothes, but as far as the bathing im not sure about that, shes saying shes not getting bathed like she should. Theyre very good about her meds, they keep track of those and they are given in an accurate and timely manner. The socialization that shes doing is very good too.

Brookdale Rocky Mount is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected