Brookdale North Tucson - Tucson, AZ

Brookdale North Tucson - Tucson, AZ has yet not published prices.

Positive Changes

My mother has been in this facility for 10 years. Positive changes since December 2017. The community has improved. Our family appreciates the efforts.

Brookdale North Tucson on Ina may be a smaller community, but that does not stop them from having what I consider the most care and love for their residents. We placed our loved one there over two years ago and while it has had some changes the one thing that has not change is the care and love that these individual give to each one of their residents. Every interaction that I have had with the people that work there have been nothing but a positive experience. I would highly recommend this place for anyone that wants to make sure their loved one gets the care and love that need and deserve.

Brookdale is a great community for my mother. She can be difficult but the staff deal with that professionally and with love. This is a great family environment for her. Things have changed for the better! Thanks to [removed] and staff!

They Weren't The One

I had a tour of the community and I saw that they were too big. I didn't care for the large size of the community.

A short stay for care

The care at this community. The staff was caring and attentive to her needs. The community has a good variety of healthy meals that she did enjoy. The offered her to participate in the activities with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved
one.

HORRIBLE PLACE

very very rude and depressed Ed.we are moving my mom out.There is plenty of other folks moving out as well.If you want horrible service and value of life for your loved one Brookdale is not the place. Safe yourself some time and money don't move your loved one into this community.This place is very sad and should be shut down.

Beautiful fountains!

We toured this Brookdale location and it was very nice. We enjoyed the beautiful facility and the fountains out in the front. This is a wonderful facility!

The food could use improvement...

My mother is doing fine since her move in, she is adjusting well. They are doing as much as they can. The meals are not as good as we hoped but they're okay. I hate to bad mouth them because they are feeding a lot of people, but their food could use some improvement. They have bingo night and some other activities available that my mother has not tried out yet.

It's Just Not the Same

Brookdale on West Ina has really gone downhill since I first admitted my Grandpa there. The new activity director is rude and incompetent. I miss [Removed] when she was the activity director. She cared about the people living there and would bring joy to the entire room. I feel like every time I turn around the cost of the care has increased while the caregivers receive no increase of pay to meet the inflation of the cost of living. This creates a high turnover rate for staff and leads to unsafe living conditions where the personnel are greatly outnumbered to the people staying there. It’s sad to see these people in need get treated this way. I am feeling guilty for having my Grandpa there now that the care has dropped so significantly. I would not recommend this place anymore.

Inattentive and Dangerous

I am very disturbed by how this facility is run. As soon as you enter you get a cold feeling from the management, no one welcomes you or smiles. I can only imagine how this behavior affects the residents residing there. Often the meals are served late, or they run out of food. I have witness the food being served up to 54 minutes late. On top of those concerns are the lacks of regard for the safety of the residents. There are sharp objects left for easy access, they are understaffed, and often not scheduled to meet the requirement to residents. I can’t imagine letting my loved ones stay here any longer to live in this cold environment with such inattentive management and staff.

Fantastic stay!

We were very pleased with this Brookdale location! My loved one was very much taken care of at this facility, as the staff were friendly and the faciltiy was well maintained. We had no complaints about this Brookdale location!

A good tour!

I had a good tour of Brookdale North Tucson. The facility was clean and the staff was friendly. The tour guide was knowable and friendly, it was a good experience but not what we were looking for.

Was not impressed!!

I had taken a tour of this community with my brother for my mom and we where not impressed. There was not many amenities that we had liked and the overall building was not very well kept up at all. The overall feel just did not give us the right feeling and this type of environment was just not for her.

A tour for mom

I toured this community for the care for my mom and this was not what we were needing at the time. The staff were very nice and answered my questions. The menu of the meals is very appealing. She needed more care and this was not going to be a good fit. They charge extra for other expenses. This is a nice assisted living community.

Comfort for mom!!

My mother is still adjusting to assisted living. The place is clean from what I saw, and everyone was very friendly. My mother tells me that she is joining many activities and staying active. Overall, I think things are going very well for her.

A nice place!!

The food is good, however I think they do need a little more variety. The staff are great and helpful. They offer daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Getting Better

The staff are doing their best to manage my mom's medication, it was difficult in the beginning but it is getting better. My mom likes the cooking and they are trying to accommodate her diabetic needs. She likes living with residents her age and likes getting cared for by the staff. There is plenty of activities for her to enjoy.

Mom Is Well

My mother is doing well here at this facility. For the most part everything is going okay. The community looks nice and pretty well-kept for the most part. They have a good staff, they have been nice to work with. Overall is everything is working out well.

Very short staffed, unacceptable

This place is VERY SHORT STAFFED, and seems to be in it for the profit. No communication between staff, and the director (who seems so nice at first) really did not go out of her way to help when needed. She does, however, appear very overwhelmed. It took several requests just to get my grandmother's basic needs met. There is a young male staff member there who is very cold and indifferent towards the patients, I didn't care for the way he spoke to his elders with such disrespect. IF they could hire more staff (which they won't) and provide a little bit more loving care to the patients my review would have been much different, but it's very clear they are interested in one thing here and that's the money. I understand it's a business, but with that being said the level of care provided is still far below acceptable.

Staff is Great; Administration is Unresponsive

I think that their staff does very well, the lady who runs the dining room is really good, as is the lady at the desk, they are very friendly and very helpful. They are all very kind to my mom. The administration is not very responsive however. That doesn't impress me with a place where my loved one is staying at. I just expect a little more responsiveness.

needs better communication

One complaint that I have about Emeritus at Tucson (which is actually now Brookdale) is that they do not follow through very good on their communication. For example, one time we would go to visit my mother and notice a bruise. It turned out that she had a fall. Well, that is something we would like to have communicated to us. We want to know that she is doing well and stay informed on how things are going. That is one area where they could definitely improve.

Beyond that the place is pretty decent.

Primarily a memory care facility, all of the residents were at early stage dementia or later. This wouldn't be a good environment for Nancy, she's still sharp with good memory

They are doing a pretty good job so far.

They are doing a pretty good job so far. The staff is friendly, and it is kept clean. Their follow through could be a little better. The weekend staff isn't quite as good as the weekday staff, they could improve a little. The food is pretty good.

Regretfully, this was a ter...

Regretfully, this was a terrible experience-the Director confessed they were short staffed, people called out and the other property had no Director and she had to run back and forth. While touring the facility we saw a resident was left in her wheelchair in the hall and no one was around. While looking at a room, which was very small, a demo of the emergency call system took a long time for a staff person to respond to.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.