The Elms Retirement Community - Forest Grove, OR

Review of Elms Retirement Community

Great management, staff, meals. Spacious one bedroom has large kitchen – eating area separated by a wall from the living room. Can walk to Safeway, bi mart, library, post office. I am very happy here

Review of Elms Retirement Community

I like the neighborhoods houses, it's streets are nice and has a good convenience stores

Review of Elms Retirement Community

It is a really great – the staff is so helpful and caring

Review of Elms Retirement COmmunity

Everyone is very friendly and I enjoy everything

Great residents, great staff

Review of Elms Retirement Community

I have lived here for years. Find it very nice place to live

I am very disappointed with this facility. There is nothing welcoming about this community and I would not recommend it to anyone. It feels like a [Removed] and it smelled awful here. When you walk in, the main lobby just felt so empty. There were a few ladies sitting in the lobby knitting but they did not look happy about anything. The tour guide didn’t look professional at all. She was in shorts and a cut off shirt like she had been gardening not to mention she was late. We were so put off that we didn’t do a thorough tour at all.

Older Establishment

We toured the Elms Retirement Community. It is an older establishment and did not seem as well-kept as other communities that we had toured. We chose another community that was more updated, cleaner, and brighter.

Nice place

The Elms is a pretty nice place. They do have trips and quite a few activities for the residents to participate in. The staff is very nice also. They let the residents here give feedback on how things are going and what could be improved. I think that is wonderful.

more value here than anywhere else

I am very happy here at The Elms Retirement Community. Everyone agrees that there is more value here than anywhere else. I am very lucky to have found this facility. There are plenty of activities for me but they could use a little more. The staff members are really eager to get the residents input. For instance we are having a meeting soon to get the residents to let them know anything they would change and just general input. I love the location and I love the attitude of everyone here. The food is fantastic, I get to socialize while enjoying my meals. I am just so very lucky to be at this facility.

These people are just wonderful. They go above and beyond.

These people are just wonderful. These people go above and beyond. For the price, what they do is amazing. The only thing is that there is no transportation to my loved ones doctor. They always go on trips at least once a month. Once a week they go to alternating stores. The Elms Retirement Community is an absolutely wonderful place. Everything has been going great. It's a nice place. Five stars all the way.

very pleased

The communication they have with the family is very good. Everyone there is very friendly. I have been very pleased with The Elms Retirement Community and my mother is very happy there.

My only complaint would be the smokers. Some of the employees stand outside the kitchen door and smoke, and you can smell it a little in the halls.

Other than that everything has really been great.

I really like it here.

I really like it here. Everyone staff is friendly, and it's clean, and comfortable. It's just what I was looking for. I am happy here.

Great Place for the Value

It is a great place for the value and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and the services are very good. I rate the community’s overall rating with four stars and the cleanliness five stars and staff is very helpful.

I thought they were great.

I thought they were great. I think they do well at just about everything. The staff is friendly, and it's clean. The food could be better, that is a personal preference thing, they serve a lot of chicken. Other than that I don't really have any complaints.

The best in Independent Living located downtown Forest Grove next to Pacific University and the Senior Center. Spacious units. Facility is only 10 years old. Family owned and has very caring staff and clean community. Very homey atmosphere with central fire place. Close to bus service, shopping and doctor's offices. A great place to retire with good security, medication monitoring and lots of companionship.