Cornell Estates - Hillsboro, OR

Was one of finalists in Portland. Really liked the facility but they don't have a dedicated Memory Care area. They are still on my list though.

Lack of that homey and welcoming feeling

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Father-In-Law. I only had contact with the marketing director and I noticed there was a lack of a welcoming feeling. It was a nice community but it was too expensive for smaller rooms. It looked really good from the outside but it didn’t feel homey. The person who gave me the tour was knowledgeable and friendly enough. I feel like she didn’t really try to go out of her way to sell the facility to me. I would recommend other families to take a look at this community.

Dental and ear clinic on site

I thought this facility was just average. The rent includes things like the heating and cooling, housekeeping, three meals a day, and laundry services. They seemed like they had a lot of things going on to keep busy with a lot of activities, exercise classes, and transportation around town. One thing that I like is they have a dental and ear clinic on site. They also have a little gardening area to work in if you wanted it. I would recommend this facility.

Not the right shower

Cornell Estates was a nice and clean community. It looked they had a lot of activities to offer the residents. The staff showed us a room that would be available for my loved one. I didn't care for the set-up in the bathroom where it had a standard stall shower and it was in the assisted living unit. We chose another community that was a better fit for our loved one.

Very clean and friendly. [Removed], who did our tour was great! The facility was very quiet but we went at 9 am so that may have been why. Staff seemed friendly and worked well together. The rooms were nice. There are a lot of good amenities and they do a lot of activities. This would be a good place for my parents.

A good place to take a look at

This is a clean community and I have visited it to play bean bag baseball. The people seemed nice and I loved their fireplace. The residents I met there seem to like living here. I would suggest taking a look at it.

Beautiful Community

This is nice community, and our tour went very well. Everybody was very friendly and courteous. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and kind. The community looked great, the ground looked beautiful. Everything went very well, and they treated us very good.

Very friendly people, rooms were small

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met were very very friendly! However, the rooms here were very small, and I just don't think my loved one could have been comfortable here.

It's very friendly, they go out of their way to take of everybody and they know everyone on a first name basis, including visitors.

Nice place

Nice place

Something always going on

You really have to keep up with the calendar because they have something going on everyday. They have worship services Sundays and Wednesdays. The bus takes them anywhere they want to go within the Hillsboro area like shopping and appointments. The do a lot of outreach programs with the local schools. They have optometrist, massage therapist and other types of students come for the university. I would really like to applaud the staff for their politeness, patience, friendliness and the way they are able to accommodate for the residents.

Tour.Residence very well maintained, ...

Tour.Residence very well maintained, and staff professional; Higher energy level among residents; Numerous activities both inside and in community; Environment not unlike a hotel with apartments/suites.

Cornell Estates is a retirement community for active, independent seniors who no longer wish to live alone. Our facility is designed with modern comfort, safety and elegance. We are conveniently situated in a quiet residential neighborhood near Hillsboro, Oregon, offering a perfect blend of city and country living. Our location allows quick access to major shopping centers, doctor offices, and a state-of-the-art hospital and medical center.

Both Independent and Assisted Living offer apartment-style living with the following amenities: three delicious meals prepared by our four star chef, housekeeping services includes fresh bed/bath linens, cable TV, all utilities except the phone, beauty/barber shop, emergency call system, waist high gardens, and a indoor aviary.

Our Independent Living features apartment-style living with full kitchens and a variety of floor plans including one bedroom, two bedroom and studio units. In addition to a safe, caring and comfortable environment; Cornell Estates’ Personal Independence Program (PIP) is an in-home care agency designed to bridge the transition period from Retirement to Assisted Living.

The Assisted Living program provides personalized quality care, ensuring the total well being of our residents. We offer both one bedroom and studio apartments with a private bath. Residents enjoy an atmosphere where their well-being and independence is a priority. Life-enhancing activities, such as trips and social gatherings, are provided to encourage residents to stay active and build lasting friendships. Our assisted living has RN oversight who works closely with the Director of Health Services. Their goal is to create a comfortable, familiar, safe and homelike environment promoting independence and dignity with choices in lifestyle and health care services.