The Commons of Providence - Sandusky, OH

Nice place

Dad went to live at Providence Common Memory Unit in Sandusky, Ohio. His stay was short due to worsening heart problems.
Everyone we encountered there was very friendly and sincerely concerned for my father. Communication about his status from the floor nurses was very good.
The place was spotless but very homey and cozy. There was lots of common area and dad had his own space that he did not have to share. Everything on one floor made it very easy for him. Temperature always comfortable.
Family was always welcome.

Successful Next Chapter for Mom and Dad

Beautiful facility with gorgeous surroundings, wish we would have moved mom and dad to Commons Independent Living years ago. They resided in my childhood home for over 50 years and didn't really want to move. We always 'thought' it would be too expensive. We didn't know what we didn't know. Explore the possibilities and options available. The Commons is very affordable and includes a lot of added-value in the monthly rate. At 91 and 89, they are very happy to be living together in a safe, clean, and helpful place. The apartment is huge, freshly painted, new carpet, with plenty of space to move in favorite pieces. It only took dad a couple of days and mom a few weeks to adjust to their new home. The entire process was very easy and the Commons team made the transition simple. Wishing all families as much success!

doing a great job

The Commons Of Providence has been doing a great job. It doesn't matter if it's the nurses, the maintenance, the lady that runs it, they are all on the same page so they do a great job. I have no complaints. It has been a good experience.

I think it's pretty fabulous.

I think it's pretty fabulous. Moms only complaint is that she is in a one bedroom, and has to wait for a two bedroom to come available. She thinks cocktail hour is just the best. Jean Carris the administrator for the independent living, is fabulous, they definitely need to clone her. If they were all like her this would be a better world.

I'm real happy with the facility and happy that my dad is there.

Beautiful place, many extras, but a little expensive-it's all self-pay. My mother really liked it here. I would feel comfortable having her live here, very safe.

Doing a great job

Things have gone very well at The Commons of Providence! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. They do a great job looking out for my Mom! I really appreciate that they'll do things like check in on her to remind her about meal times if they don't see her in the dining room.

Nice place

We've been very pleased with the service here. I live out of state and don't get a chance to visit often, but every time I've seen it it has been very clean. The employees I have worked with have all been very friendly and professional. I don't think my loved one has availed themselves much yet of many of the services or activities, but they did seem to have a good variety of them.

Very nice community

Overall they do a very good job here. We initially looked into the place because it was so conveniently located for family members, and my brother liked the look of it after he toured. I haven't visited it personally myself, but everything I've heard from my loved one and relatives in the area has been good!

Loved the place. But it finacialy sca...

Loved the place. But it finacialy scared me. They would give no help with the VA, saying I would have to find help elsewhere, yet keep paying the rent until it came though. What if it didn't, then I would have to move again. But I would have loved to live there.

great place, staff were very helpful.

great place, staff were very helpful.

Designed by an internationally-known Interior Design firm. The Commons of Providence offers a distinctive living environment. Conveniently located between Cleveland and Toledo. The Commons of Providence is situated on 72 peaceful acres overlooking 5 ½ A. lake. Here, residents can enjoy a country setting only minutes from the heart of Sandusky. Large studios and one and two bedrooms which comfortably accommodates both individuals and couples are available. A state-of-the-art personal security system puts residents immediately in touch with staff in the event of an emergency. Residents furnish their suites with their own furniture and favorite personal belongings.