Otterbein North Shore - Lakeside Marblehead, OH

Nice people but program not for us...

We moved into a patio home at the end of May. We moved out at the beginning of November. The facility was as expected, but turned out to be too small for our needs. The staff was very accommodating, but it was not what we needed. My wife and I were just about the youngest ones there, and not by just a couple of years. Additionally, our physical condition, particularly mine, was such that we had no foreseeable need for the continuing care. The dining facilities were effectively unusable, because you need to make a reservation a week in advance and the meal times were way too early for us. The facility is too small to have typical amenities: no workout facilities, for example. Another concern was that the patio homes were not on a generator system, so a loss of power (which is a reasonable expectation on the shore of Lake Erie) would have left us dark and cold. Expensive for what you get. We bout a condo nearby with 50% more space and with a substantial savings in monthly cash flow.

Settling in nicely

So far our loved one is settling in quite nicely at Otterbein North Shore. The community is kept very clean and has a homey feel to it. The overall atmosphere is very warm and inviting. They are very welcoming to family members whenever we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my mom's care needs. My mom says that she thinks the meals they prepare are good. They offer various activities that they encourage the residents to participate in. Outside are some areas and views for the residents to get out and enjoy the fresh air.We feel mom is being well taken care of and is in a safe environment. I would recommend this community to others.

My Dad's Care

My father is very happy here. The staff is nice and friendly and very caring. He is happy with the community being clean and well taken care of. They do have alot of activities for those who want to participate. I would recommend this community for other families for good care.

Taking Very Good Care Of My Father

My father is doing great at this community. They are caring for him very well. They really made the transition to the community easy for him . The staff is great, they are all very helpful and friendly. He enjoys the men's lunch's they offer. There are nice activities as well offered for the residents. The food is good, they do serve well balanced meals. He has access too help if he needs it. Overall everything is working out well. I would recommend it.

I have some concerns

I'm okay with them. They aren't as responsive or as attentive to details as I would like. I feel like they are depending on outside help a bit much. When I toured, I felt very good and comfortable, my confidence level has dropped since we moved in. It's clean enough, there are no odors or anything. They don't keep my loved one as active I would like, though. The food is good, no issues there. The staff and everyone are very nice, and they are very apologetic when there is a mistake. I do have some concerns though.