The Claiborne at Thibodaux - Thibodaux, LA

• Memory Care Services
  • Secure Memory Unit
  • Respite care available

BETTER THAN A NURSING HOME BUT NOT THE BEST EITHER

TO BEGIN WITH THE NEW ACTIVITY PERSON DOES NOT DO MUCH CRAFTS WITH THESE PEOPLE..... SHE DOES THINGS THAT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE THERE DOES NOT WANT TO DO BECAUSE IIS NOT FUN FOR THEM... GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO DO WITH THEIR HANDS ..... INTERESTING TO KEEP THEM ENJOYING THE PROJECTS..... THE OTHER LADY THAT WAS THERE DID NOT DO MUCH EITHER BUT SHE DID DO MORE ON A WEEKLY BASES THAN THIS NEW ONE DOES FOR SURE ....... MY NIECE FINDS MORE TO DO WITH THESE LADIES THAN THE ACTUAL PERSON HIRED FOR THE JOB. THEY SAY THEY GIVE SNACKS DAILY...... OH REALLY ORANGES THAT YOU NEED A KNIFE TO CUT THESE THINGS AND THESE PEOPLE SOME ARE NOT ABLE TO CUT ORANGES...... I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR ALMOST 8 MONTHS AND I SEE THINGS EACH TIME I GO THAT REALLY MAKE ME UPSET...... I BRING SNACKS AFTER TIME I GO THAT THEY CAN EAT WITH THEIR FINGERS... I SERVE IT IN A PLASTIC CUP AND HAND THEM OUT TO EVER WANTS IT....... I BRING SOMETHING DIFFERENT WEEK ...... THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE SERVED A SNACK EVERY AFTERNOON ABOUT 3ISH NOT ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK ... THE HOME SHOULD SE TO IT THESE SNACKS ARE PAST OUT TO THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE.... NOW COME ON WHAT TROUBLE CAN THAT BE ...... SOME LOVE CHEESE NIP CRACKERS, GRAPES, PEANUT BUTTER CANDY, AND CINNAMON CEREAL ANY KIND THEY CAN EAT WITH THEIR FINGER .. I GET THE SQUARE WHEAT CEREAL ....... THIS IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE PAST OUT DAILY. NOT ANY DAM ORANGES SITTING IN A COVERED DISH THAT THEY NEED TO GO LOOK FOR A KNIFE TO CUT IT .... THEY CAN'T PEEL THESE ORANGES WITH THE FINGERS..... THAN SOMETIMES THEY SERVE SLICES OF CAKES OR CUPCAKES THAT ARE ALWAYS STALE ....... THAT IS SOME SAD FOR ALL THE MONEY THESE PEOPLE PAY TO LIVE THERE AND THEY CAN'T GIVE OUT SNACKS.... AND THE OTHER DAY AS I WAS COMING UP THE HALL THERE WAS A [removed] EMPLOYEE COMING OUT THE LUNCH AREA DOORS HOLDING A DISH OF SWEETS ... SHE TOOK THEM HOME WITH HER AND THERE WAS ANOTHER LADY WITH HER GETTING OFF OF WORK ... THESE SNACKS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GIVEN OUT TO WORKERS TO BRING HOME ! REALLY WORKERS GET TO HAVE SNACKS BUT NOT THE PEOPLE WHO LIFE THERE....... THAN THEY HAVE ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE FALLING AND IT TAKES A GOOD WHILE FOR HELP TO GET TO THEM EVEN WHEN THEY PUSH THE BUTTON ...... SAD SAD SAD

Needs to upkeep the landscaping better, keep the fountain with running water. Clean the outside of the building better.

Comfort For Dad!!

I would definitely recommend The Claiborne at Thibodaux. Everyone in the community has been great and they provide exceptional care for my father. Activities are offered to the residents at the moment there really isn't an outdoor activity my father likes that they offer. They do however try to work on the needs of the residents. The food is okay there are no complaints about it.

Torri Corrao

Thank you for sharing! We love our residents!

Correct Choice

We looked at a few places for mom and dad and The Claiborne seemed to be the best. It is a new facility and will meet the individual needs of both parents! Since it is a new facility, it does have a few kinks to work out; no place is perfect but I feel The Claiborne is willing to work with the entire family to make mom and dad's quality of life better. I am very grateful for having the ability to help mom and dad make such an important decision. Thanks to A Place For Mom for guiding us in making the correct choice for our parents! We are referring other family members to The Claiborne to help them in making their choices also.

Torri Corrao

Thank you so much for the kind words. We love what we do!

Excellent care.

My mom has received excellent care at The Claiborne. Everyone on the staff has gone over and beyond in making her well being a top priority. The entire staff has been extremely courteous and caring.

Torri Corrao

The pleasure is all ours!