Amber Terrace - Baton Rouge, LA

This place is like being in the Twilight Zone

If you are looking for a facility straight of the Twilight Zone, this one is for you. I was mortified and disgusted. I felt so awful for the residents. Upon arriving, I was greeted after about 3 minutes with "you need something?". I was there for a tour. First strike. After entering a locked facility, with dirty keypad and door, we were led past the kitchen. At 3 pm and dinner coming shortly, the dirty dishes from lunch (complete with leftover food) were piled up on carts lining the hallway outside of the kitchen. Strike 2. All of the bedroom doors were filthy. The area around the doorknobs were brown. The bottom half of the door was layered with dirt, I assume from shoes. Strike three. I would be interested to find out what type of bacteria etc. is growing in this place, not to mention "other things". For daily activities, all residents were piled into a small room with a tv. It was warm, and smelled of body odor. The room we were led into so that we had an idea of layout, etc. belonged to one of the residents. Again, musty smelling, unmade beds, and disgusting. If there was a strike 4 and 5, this would be it. Could not wait to exit this place!!!

Genuine People!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community. The staff are all genuine people and I love the compassion they share with all of the residents. I am pleased to see them meeting all of my mothers needs and making sure she is comfortable in her new living environment. She has had no issues with the meals and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall we are happy and I would recommend it to anyone.

Care for mom

We are very happy with the care from this community. The community is clean and very nice for her to enjoy. The menu is appealing and she is happy with all of the meals. The activities are wonderful and she is making good progress here. I have commended this community to other families for the excellent care and value for loved ones.

A place to call home

I like the care that is given my by the great staff. We like the community for always being clean and maintained. It's nice to know that she does the variety of healthy meals. They offer her activities that she seems to enjoy with the other residents. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Baton Rouge

I really appreciated [Removed] calling to see how my search was progressing. Thank you, everything went very well. Mom is happy.

A good community

The entire staff is extremely friendly and they check on my loved one often. They offer daily activities including bingo, cards and an exercise class. They recently changed cooks and the food has improved. My main concern is that the two side doors are not locked. This community is located close to two emergency rooms.

Nice place within my budget, there is a problem with telling my Mom to put on her oxygen machine. Administrator could not understand on the phone the process with the oxygen machine. She had a block. Declined because of the oxygen machine.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think Amber Terrace is a very nice place. The staff seems friendly, the facility is clean, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. My only concern is that I think they seem a little understaffed, especially during the evening and nighttime hours.