The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park - Southlake, TX

Substandard Care

The physical facility is beautiful but the care is sub-standard, especially if the patient cannot advocate for herself. The physical therapists seem competent but the nursing staff is uncaring. My mom fell twice while in their care and developed a pressure wound. Her clothes were not laundered for weeks despite them offering that service. I had to ask three times to get the laundry done. You will observe groups of nurses and aids chatting and laughing while the call buttons are constantly binging with none of them responding. My mom would push the button and wait up to 30 minutes for a response. I would have to go get someone to help her with the bathroom and most times they seemed bent out of shape to have to help. I specifically told them my mom reacts very badly to hydrocodone but I found out they were giving it to her because she "asked for it". My mom has full blown dementia which they cannot handle at all. I asked them to order her a wheelchair and it fell thru the cracks. The social worker said my mom needed to be discharged on a certain day but when I came to get her at 3 pm they had already put her to bed and had no knowledge of her leaving that day so I had to leave her another night at our expense. They provided no records of her 40+ day stay to her memory care despite my asking for them so the next facility is clueless about her care. Those are even now being requested. In conclusion, she went in with a surgically repaired leg and left on drugs, unhappy and wheelchair-bound (with no wheelchair).

NEVER BRING ANYONE TO THE CARLYLE

We brought our mother to the Carlyle following hip replacement surgery - at that point she was able to use the toilet, if assisted. The "nursing staff" came to her door, when she rang her buzzer... told her to "use the diaper" and that they "were busy". Mother was left in the dark room, with the door closed, overnight (10PM-6AM). We knew who was doing this - we complained - the situation improved for 4 days - and then began again. Mother was then drugged with Xanax, which had NOT been prescribed by the hospital. This put her "into the twilight zone" - she could not sit up, stay awake or eat... we took her out of there, and back to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with a severe urinary track infection - and C-Diff!!! I reported the Carlyle to the Texas Dept. on Aging... they sent out an "investigator" who told me she not "verify anything I had said". The Carlyle then told me that they had an "arrangement" with the doctor there - and that if they deemed it necessary to give Xanax to a patient - he would "sign off" on this. Mother never recovered from this - the C-Diff returned, she developed pneumonia - and died. THIS IS THE WORST PLACE IMAGINABLE - LOOKS GOOD ON THE OUTSIDE -[Removed] ON THE INSIDE!!! Never take anyone to this place. (We were there from January 16 - January 27, 2016) If possible - I would do anything and everything to put this place out of business, and put the management staff into jail! They lied to us about the care they could give... and cost our Mother her life. The successful hip replacement surgery should have resulted in a three week rehab stay - and then she was supposed to have been able to return to her own home. We are angry and disappointed - and very frustrated that this type of facility is allowed to continue to operate in Texas.

Poor nursing staff!

The community at The Carlyle at Stonebridge is absolutely stunning. It is a beautiful community and looks like a very nice hotel. The Phyical Therapy and Occupational Therapy was excellent. They really encouraged my loved one regain strength and feel better. The nursing technicians were great! The technicians would call for assistance and the nursing staff would never show up. I would rate the overall community a 4 if it weren't for the poor nursing staff.The nursing staff were never available to assist my loved one or their technicians. I was not impressed with their lack of assistance.

Never go to Carlyle

NEVER send your parent/loved one/or even your dog to this place. They are the most unprofessional group of people from the top administrator down to the LVNs. (The PT ladies were only good ones). Push the call button...expect to wait. My parent waited anywhere from 30 minutes up to 2.5 hours! She waited one hour after a call from restroom needing help to get off the toilet (and she was a fall risk). Seriously this place needs to be shut down. The social worker lacks social skills and the executives do not care about feedback or complaints. Staff argue amongst themselves in hallway, doctors rarely visit and when they do its a 1minute visit. We pulled her out 5 days after arriving and it was like trying to jail break. When they refused to talk to us about why we needed to take her due to their lack of care, we were literally banned from discussing with any of the "higher ups". She refused to talk and flat out told me she "didn't have time for me". If the executives don't care, then their staff is taught the same.

Please do not put your love one here!

We bought my mom there for rehab and in two week she was bedridden with bed sores on her body. They were suppose to be giving her prescription medicine (prescribed by the hospital doctor) for her thrush and she never received it. Instead they were giving her an over the counter cough medicine. So her thrush was getting worse instead of better which caused her not to be able to eat. She was lying there starving to death! It would take at least an hour for someone to come in and help her, sometimes longer. When I decided to get her to the emergency room the doctor at the home would not admit her . He had not seen her in a week but knew what was best. So I had to get an ambulance to get her out of there. All the higher up people lied or just would not answer you. The hospital said my mom was dehydrated, potassium and protein were very low, her bladder was swollen. She has been in the hospital now for a week and we are just now making headway. If I had put her someplace else she might of been home by now. Please do not put you love one in this place! They do not care at all for their patients!!!

I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

Very slow response time, she would wait up to 30 min for assistance with the bathroom, and their solution was a bedside commode and told her to use it herself, even though she was a fall risk. I have seen feces on the floor that spilled out of the bedside commode and no one cleaned it all day, they threw towels over it. She would have bruises from when the aides would help her and they would get frustrated. It's a pretty facility and they have an outdoor space. I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone. The food was pretty good. They had their own home health agency that they want you to use.

Positive: constancy of nursing teams ...

Positive: constancy of nursing teams throughout the week and on weekends. patient - nursing ratio. Down side is distance. Also, although ambience is wonderful, A concerned if to "frenetic".