The Brook Retirement of Gaylord - Gaylord, MI

Noticed some great changes

My mother-in-law is doing so well here and the changes we are seeing in her are wonderful. She is so much more social and active. There are a lot of amenities for the residents to take part in and she likes her apt which has a nice patio attached to it plus she enjoys going to the dining room, there was some issue with the food not being warm when it was served but that has been addressed. The staff is very friendly and attentive and it is nice seeing my mother-in-law happy.

My mom's care

I like this community for the care for my mom. The staff is very caring attentive to her needs. We like that she enjoys the meals. This is a like a home feeling for my mom. She does enjoy being social with the friends that she is made and is happy at this community for the care that she is receiving. We would recommend the care and value to other families seeking care.

unsafe at time for health and safety reasons

just heard that "FLU" is spreading in the building. They had a volunteer scrubbing down kitchen, but cooks and kitchen managers were know where to be found?. Staff kept the flu to themselves instead of alerting those staying there of the problem. Meanwhile, all who enter must use the front entry and go thru the dinning room area to reach their rooms, thus exposing them to potential flu! Side entrance doors are not checked. Sidewalks continue to be "UN SHOVELED" at emergency exits. Was told there are no employees here every day to check them? several exits continue to be unsafe for residents to use. This has been an issue brought to management with "NO" results. This facility management wise is faltering in it's responsibility for safety and airborn illness prevention. Different management I guess means different concerns and priorities? sad....

I really couldn't have asked for more help than they gave me.

They did a great job and were very helpful. I really couldn't have asked for more help than they gave me. They were definitely a positive part of this experience. We didn't have any complaints or anything. It was a good community.