The Barrington of Carmel a CCRC - Carmel, IN

Keep looking

My mother has been in The Barrington for just under 3 years. We have seen a change in management at all levels at least 3 times. We have seen the nurses and nursing staff turn over at least every 6 months. They asked my mother to pay an additional $100 a month to give to go into an employee fund for their "Holiday Bonus". Seriously- how ethical is it that you ask a client who is unable to handle her finances to contribute money to an employee fund because their employers are not willing to do so. This past week-end we went to visit my mother and at 9:30 am a gentleman in a wheelchair was asleep on the sidewalk out in the parking area of The Plaza. When we left at 10:30 the man was still there. When we returned to The Plaza at 2:30 the man had moved to the shade. Something was not right about that.
Also no sugar free dessert options offered for diabetics.. and at the age of most residents there are MANY diabetics.
Beautiful building, level of care seriously lacking and management leaves much to be desired.

Jesse Sias

Sarah, first let us say what a pleasure it’s been to have your mother with us the last three years. We appreciate your feedback, but would like to clarify some misinformation you may have heard or received. Much of the promotion of our Employee Appreciation Fund is done through our resident council, there is very little involvement from management. We try to make it as clear as possible any donations are purely voluntary, and there is no expectation for residents to contribute, let alone contribute a certain amount. We do have a number of residents who enjoy being outdoors, particularly when the weather is cooperating. There are no restrictions on where they can sit and relax on campus, but we want to assure you we are in regular contact with them should they need any assistance. Finally, we do offer sugar-free desserts, such as cookies and ice cream, but this is by order, so you likely wouldn’t have seen them on our dining menus. I hope we’ve been able to clarify some of the comments you shared, and if you have any additional questions, please give us a call or stop by to chat next time you’re visiting your mother.

Way to fancy

I really liked the Barrington of Carmel and
I thought the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job with giving us a tour of their community. But in the end, my Uncle felt that it was just too fancy for him and he would not fit in with the other residents there.

Wonderful Community

Unfortunately I had to move my mother to another facility that was able to provide the level of care she needed. However this is a wonderful community, but expensive. Everything about this community is great. The staff is awesome. They offer good activities, and nice meals for the residents. Even though it was not the right fit for my mother, I would still recommend this community.

Down to entrust your loved one here.

This is not a facility in which I would trust your love one. Menus for high in starch and sugar's, even for diabetics… Their response was to up and someone to dangerous levels. Staffing was not adequate in rehab Area and many residents had to wait 30 minutes or more to leave the dining room. Dr. was never on site always physicians assistance. Well the physical structure was lovely the level of care was far below what he would expect. Keep looking… Don't stop here.

The Best Move!

Three years ago today my husband and I moved to the Barrington. We chose it because it was a CCRC facility and it had been researched thoroughly by an expert (my sister). It was the best move we could have made. We were not from Carmel but we were welcomed as old friends, The location is fantastic, plenty of doctors, hospitals, and entertainment. I have even used the health care facility and found it to be outstanding. Words cannot describe the feeling of being in a safe and friendly environment and know you will be taken care of at any level. Don't wait too long, enjoy it while you can. You won't be disappointed.

Nice place, overall

We considered this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. This is a nice place overall, we used them briefly for some rehab care, and the staff were friendly and caring. However after touring a few different communities we found that the apartments here were a bit small for the price. It is still a very nice place overall, and would likely have been our second choice!