Carmel Senior Living - Carmel, IN

Happy with Carmel Senior Living

I am very happy with the care my mother has received at Carmel Senior Living, both in Assisted Living and Memory Care. Although my mother can be difficult, staff has consistently been kind and patient with her, even at times when they weren't aware that I was watching. It has been my experience that staff notices and attends to patient needs and communicates with me. I should probably add that my mother has been in other facilities and Carmel Senior Living has taken the best care of my mother.

Samantha McCue

Hello, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you soon!

Excellent service and acts of kindness

Samantha McCue

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

Not for anyone that is active.

If you are looking for someone who is 80 years plus this is the place. Not for 70 year olds your at heart.

Samantha McCue

Hello, we appreciate your review and will use this an opportunity to improve. We pride ourselves on our activity programming and our goal is to make sure each resident has a say in what is planned and aligns with their personality and preferences. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Thank you!

I was very pleased with my tour and info received. [name removed] was very accommodating with my schedule. Beautiful facility, friendly atmosphere. A bit higher priced than some other places so that is a consideration.

Samantha McCue

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your tour. Thank you for your kind words. If you have any additional questions we can answer, please give us a call.

We enjoyed our tour!

My mother and I took a tour of Carmel Senior Living. We are trying to be proactive in touring senior living communities before she needs one instead of being reactive after she has a medical event.
[name removed] was our host for the tour and she did a wonderful job of explaining their activities, room choices, meals, staff, etc.
I would say that of the five communities we have toured, Carmel Senior Living would be our top choice for my mothers future needs. The facility was clean and bright. The staff acknowledged us with smiles and greetings. The residents seemed well cared for and happy.

Samantha McCue

Loretta, we are so happy to read such a great review about Carmel Senior Living! Thank you and we hope you have a great day!

A Lovely Place to Live

Liz was very friendly, easy to talk to, and informative. She was eager to show us as much as we wanted to see on our tour including showing us an empty version of the model so we could visualize how it might look. It was great to see a washer dryer in the unit.

The entire facility is very well appointed with lovely furnishings and accents. The numerous fireplaces and the warm common areas were inviting. The outdoor areas are also very nice.

The menus looked tempting and it was nice to see the meals could be served 7am to 7pm. A wonderful benefit and unusual to find.

Samantha McCue

Jan, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Carmel Senior Living. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Review of Carmel Senior Living

[name removed] and I signed up [dates removed] moved in [dates removed]. We know from past experiences when a programs, living quarters are being new and some some unfinished, the program will have many growing changes... and we wanted to be a part of it. The staff here is great! (reality - staff changes often which teaches patience on staff, the regular residents, past time, and full time staff. We are now [dates removed] beginning an ambassador club. The (6 at present) are assigned+new person at arrival and spends time to help answer questions, give printed material, have lunch with family, and make a special effort to support them in their first week or as as needed.

Samantha McCue

Hello, we're happy to hear you ha Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day! d such a positive experience with our team!

MY impression of Carmel Senior Living was favorable. The staff were all friendly and interested in hearing my family's needs but they did not have suitable accommodations available in our required time frame. While all inclusive, the price seemed somewhat high for the size of the accommodations.

The wrap around services were impressive but the accommodations available at this time are not suitable for our family's needs so we will be looking elsewhere.

Samantha McCue

Hi, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. If your family's needs change, please feel free to give us a call or stop by again. Have a great day!

Looking for Dad

It was a very nice place. The rooms were beautiful and roomy. A nice touch in the independent living rooms was a button you push in the morning to let them know you were up. We didn't eat there. [name removed] gave a real nice tour. Th reason we decided it wouldn't work for us was the price would double when you needed assisted living and you had to change apartments. We felt that would be to disruptive. Also it was a licensed facility. Very important to us.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you so much for your positive comments about Carmel Senior Living! We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Beautiful facility

Facility is beautiful. Looks like a very nice hotel. Staff was very friendly. My husband and I were impressed by every aspect of senior living.

Samantha McCue

Jonna Mcmahon, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Carmel Senior Living! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Much Room for Improvement; Concerned

Thank you for this opportunity to give feedback. Having a loved one in a memory care facility is very tough in many ways and I realize that no one will care for them with as much love as I have for them.
That being said there is definitely room for much improvement. I have discussed the following areas with other family members of residents.
1. Care and attitude toward residents is cold, mechanical, rushed and forceful at times. This seems to be evident from the memory care leader/ manager on down to the care takers. My mother has had bruises and broken skin on her hands where they have obviously been too forceful. Mother is not combative, she has a generally happy, peaceful disposition albeit stubborn and confused at times.
2. Staff is very loud with their personal conversations during resident dining periods. Very loud and sometimes yelling at residents from across the room.
3. Daily activities are minimal. Common go to is to place everyone in chairs or on the couch in the "tv room". The help is then sitting in chairs off in the corners playing on their cell phones.
Bingo or trivia is offered pretty regularly but the residents are not encouraged to participate. It is a very dry activity. Trivia does not strike me as the best game to play with memory care patients.
4. The red alert button found in the bathrooms is not responded to. Staff tells me that they usually don't carry the pager.
5. Staff does not wear name tags or uniforms.
6. Some care takers will not even speak to me when I greet them. Family members of the residents are often the voice for the residents. The staff is "caring" for our loved ones and the communication / friendliness / courtesy we as family members encounter makes me question the quality of care our family member is receiving.
Again, thanks for providing a place to be heard. We have to strive for better and be the voice for those who cannot speak.

Review of Carmel Senior Living - Carmel, IN

Happy after 1 year residence.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Carmel Senior Living. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

I Love it here

I am settling in here all the people and the staff are so friendly. The food is mediocre and you have alternate to choose from. It is very clean here. And they will clean my apartment every other week. They aim to satisfy me. They have a calendar of activities with at least 10 activities on any given day. They have various entertainment rooms and A nice courtyard area. We will go on dinner outings. I would recommend this community.

Samantha McCue

Wow, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Looking at Senior living for my parents

[Removed] was very gracious to spend all the time that I needed to look around and get a "feel" for the facility. I found the independent rooms to be spacious and very comfortable. I was very impressed with the assisted living section as you could not tell the difference between it and the independent area. Even the memory care area was bright and cheery. Looking at 5 other facilities in our area I can say that I could not find anything that I did not like.

Samantha McCue

Hello Mchester, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

As we have yet to place our mother-in-law at Carmel Senior Living, my review comes from my several visits to the facility.
CSL also allows our home association to use one of the meeting rooms which is so very helpful and kind.

Note;
I do not recall the monthly rate for an apartment so I just took a guess.

Samantha McCue

Linda Huotilainen, thank you so much for the positive review! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Art Smith

I just began my search for a facility for my Uncle. Carmel Sr. Living was my 2nd visit of 3 facilities. [Removed]was AWESOME ! I didn't know what to really expect but I felt initially welcomed and then educated of the process again [Removed]was GREAT !!!

Samantha McCue

Arth We look forward to your next visit! Take care! ur Smith, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

My mother is 97 years old and CSL has provided wonderful help to her. She has been able to remain independent with the support of everyone there.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review!

Well run and managed. Food service is needing attention and consistency but otherwise a quality location for a loved one.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We'll be sure to use your comments in order to improve in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

December 2017

Memory care activities are poor. minimal encouragement to residents. low ratio of staff to residents. very disappointed.

Samantha McCue

Hi, it is disappointing for us to hear that your experience was anything less than great. The overall satisfaction of our residents and families is a top priority for us at Carmel Senior Living and we have made steps in correcting any issues regarding low staff and activities. We are always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our Executive Director at [removed] to discuss ways we can better serve you in the future.

Don't!

My mother was there for about a year and a half. A few months after she moved in, the GM of the property left. We already had some complaints but were assured it would get better. It never did. The food was a joke. The servers were consistently overworked, late or no shows, and not polite. There were multiple times that non food service personnel HAD to work the kitchen and serve due to lack of staff. There were MEMORY CARE NURSES who abandoned their area to help work the kitchen. They were out of basics like coffee, eggs, and milk consistently. The bistro was supposed to be stocked with snacks and salads. It was almost always empty. It got so bad I stopped paying the monthly bills. It took them FOUR MONTHS to even contact me to ask why. I told them it was because they weren't addressing my mothers issues and they wouldn't return my numerous calls. Finally, partly due to stress from the living conditions, us being fed up with all of the broken promises, and her disease progressing, we had to move my mother into a full care facility. We told them we were looking and would be moving ASAP. However, when we were able to locate a place and move, we did so within a week, and therefore did not give them an official 30 days notice. They charged me for three weeks of a new month, knowing my mother left for health reasons and not to a competitor. I think that this is totally uncalled for, especially given the issues we had throughout. The people they have on staff will lie to your face all day long but nothing ever changes. They are constantly being asked to work other areas of the facility other than their position. There were 3 different GM's of the property in the year and a half. That should tell you it is a system they have: Make promises. Keep doing the same thing. Promise it will get better. Change staff. Repeat. Do not let a loved one move here.

Review of Carmel Senior Living - Carmel, IN

After 2 weeks, I like it very much. I do wish everyone would wear their name tags. Perhaps if they weren't so large, people would wear them. It's a little hard to find your "place" at a table, as groups are friends already. Perhaps a table or two for newcomers?

For a "studio" it's good, except a coat closet would be nice. Also a small storage unit elsewhere for Christmas decorations, etc. Also an orientation in the room.

Felt it would be a good fit

Mom likes the food at this community. The staff are helpful, encouraging, very caring and attentive to her needs. The community is clean and the grounds are well maintained. They offer daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Loved the facility. It is in first place so far in our search.

Community Was Fine

We toured this community and found it to be nice. The location was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and informative. The location and the pricing were out of range as to what we were looking for.

A top choice

Carmel Senior Living was one of my top choices. Tour was done very nicely and they offer a lot to their residents. Facilities new, clean and offered greenhouse and exercise room.

This Community

For our parent we decided to pick this community and it was a good fit for them. It is a nice place for the memory care unit.

Comfortable care!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since they moved into this community. The staff have all been wonderful and I am comfortable with the care they are providing her. She has had no issues with the meals and enjoys participating in activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

A tour for options for mom

We toured this community for care for my mom. The community was bigger than what we wanted. I felt like it would be too big. The meals looking like they would be a good choice. We would recommend this community if wanting something on the large size. We liked seeing the community that we nicely took care of. Families should consider a tour in this community.

CSL is a very well organized and capable facility for varying Senior requirements.
Great facility and amenities for Seniors and their support group.

Mom is very happy !!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother so far at this community. With the help of the staff she has made a smooth transition and has adapted into her new living environment with no issues. She has had no problems with her meals and is liking the activities they have for all of the residents throughout the week. We as a family are very pleased and would recommend this facility to anyone.

Very impressed!

Everything seems to be going okay here. We really like our condo and the community is really nice. Also it's always clean. I am waiting for them to start up activities because we want to get involved. I'm impressed with everything.

A great place to live

The decorations in the facility are bright cheery and uplifting. The staff is very welcoming and interested in all the people. The people that have moved here are welcoming, interested in each other and supportive. The staff, the fun committee endeavors to keep us involved and occupied in different activities.

Respite care

My husband was in respite care while I was out of state and he was safe and happy. I would definitely recommend it.

Mom's Care

I am happy with the care that my mom is receiving here. The food appears to be good and a nice variety. I really like that she is happy and the setting is well done. The staff is very nice and caring. I feel great knowing that she is in great care here. She has not mentioned the meals, but seems to be please. I would recommend this community to other families.

Could not have asked for more!!

Mom is doing amazingly well at Carmel. Everyone we have met is sweet and knows the residents by name. They treat the residents like friends and seem to have a genuine interest in their care. She raves about the food. The community is clean and well maintained. They post a calendar of numerous daily activities throughout the community. The one very minor thing I can see is that I think they need more visitor parking. I would highly recommend this community.

Highly Recommended!!

One of the reasons why we chose this community was their approach. They asked what my mom was looking for and what they could do to help her. I really liked how friendly and attentive they were. My mother is really happy with the community meals. They offer a wide variety of activities. It's always well maintained and organized including the rooms.

Affordable respite care!

Carmel Senior Living is the least expensive respite care I found in the area. The staff was great, they were able to answer all of my questions. They took very good care of the residents there. I noticed the staff spent a lot of one on one time with the residents

Overall Good Respite Stay

I used this community for their respite service. Overall everything went pretty well. We did have one issue while I was away, but they did contact me in a responsive manner. They do keep the community well maintained, everything looked very nice and clean. They have a pretty good staff here. There are activities offered for the residents. I did feel she was safe and in good hands. I would recommend this community.

Good Community With Minor Issues

We were at this facility for a respite stay. It was a nice experience. It is a nice and clean facility, from what I saw everything is well maintained. The staff was kind and helpful. I would say they need to improve the food quality. They need more of a healthier selection for the residents to choose from. A disappointing aspect was that there aren't many activities offered. This is a good community, they have minor things they need to improve.

This community is at the top of our list. We hope that the model we selected will become available at some point soon. We will be getting on a wait list.

Welcoming And Helpful Staff

So far everything is going okay for my husband and I here at this community. It is a pretty brand new facility, so there are things they have to work out. The community is pretty well-kept. The staff is nice, they are pretty helpful and welcoming. There are wonderful activities offered. The food is nice, they have a great chef. Overall everything is working out well and I would recommend it.

They are doing a pretty good job overall so far

They are doing a pretty good job overall so far. He complains a little bit about some inconsistencies with the food, but he is a harsh critic, and he is mostly pleased with it. It seems like they are still ramping up and aren't quite to full staffing yet. The activities are good, all the staff seems to be really very friendly. They floated to the top of my list pretty quickly, both because of the newness, and the ability to transfer to higher levels of care if needed. I liked the size of the place, and the fact that they offered studio apartments.

Great Experience

This is really a great community and everything is working out very well for my mother. The community is very clean and looks very nice. The staff has been very welcoming and kind to us. They are always there when we need some help. She loves the activities and enjoys the meals. Our experiences has been great and positive and I would recommend this community.

A New Home

I toured Carmel Senior Living with a dear friend whose family had abandoned her.
The tour guide was very informative and showed us an apartment which my friend immediately wanted. This apartment is now her new home which has completely changed her outlook on life. She is no longer depressed and is very happy as she is a very outgoing person. Thanks to Carmel a Senior Living she has a new lease on life!
Now she can truly say there is no place like home😊

A wonderful place.

Carmel Senior Living is a wonderful place to stay. Things are going very good with my mother there, and we are very pleased. Everyone is friendly. The residents want to make friends, and visited her in the hospital and rehab when she had pneumonia. They brought her gifts. She would say the food needs some improvement, but she is particular with food. Most people would probably like the food.

HOME AT LAST

HOME AT LAST
Carmel Senior Living allows us the independence and personal time we desire, but physical and social activities are here for our well-being and growth. Mealtime is always a pleasant surprise for there is a great variety of menu offerings. The entire staff is compassionate, caring and patient.
We did a lot of research, made visitations to several similar facilities, and then waited for opening day of Carmel Senior Living. We're glad we chose Carmel Senior Living to be our home!

A Daughters Review

My husband and I spent this Spring looking at different Independent/Assisted Living Facilities in the Carmel/Westfield area. We narrowed it down to 3 -4 places that we thought would suit my parents needs as my parents were relocating from Arizona. By being able to be on the ground floor and close proximity to both where my husband and I live and the overall atmosphere of Carmel Senior Living, we showed them CSL. They also loved the décor as do I and the friendliness of everyone. I especially want to give a compliment to Debra Guzman who attentively listens to every comment or question and follows up promptly! That does not happen very often in todays busy world and is greatly appreciated by my husband and I. Also, Sharon was instrumental in giving my husband and I great information when we were looking for a place. Thank you Sharon. Please keep Trammiel (sp?) as he is a wonderful cook and a very nice guy and my parents love eating in the dining room due to Trammiel.Thanks again CSL!

Independent living with compassion

Carmel Senior Living is a new community with high hopes for servicing its residents and their families with compassion. This month I relocated my mother to Carmel, IN, after being of help to her in an out-of-state, independent facility for five years. Needless to say, it was a difficult parting. The communication between the directors of Carmel Senior Living was admirable and evident when I first entered the building. The executive, move-in, dining, and maintenance directors were very hands-on and available during my four-day stay with my mother. As a director myself in a residence community, I know first hand how important it is for families to witness their own genuine interpersonal communication with the directors of a facility. I extend a sincere thank-you for their efforts.

At Carmel Senior Living, we want our residents to lead happy, healthy lives, that is why we strive to enable independent living by offering the highest level of 24/7 care. We offer an affordable month-to-month lease with no expensive buy-in. Our goal is to create the lifestyle that you desire and deserve. We encourage our residents to keep doing the things you've always enjoyed doing - and much more.