The Alton Memory Care - Saint Paul, MN

Seems like a fancy facility

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. It is a really nice community; however, it was a lot bigger of a building than the other places we looked at. All of the staff members here were really nice and it seems like a fancy facility. The marketing director who gave us the tour was friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend other families to tour this facility.

I toured this community.

We toured this community and the staff was nice and helpful and they answered all of my questions. They introduced us to some of the residents. This was a bigger community. It was a hard decision at the time but this wasn't the right fit for my husband. They offer lots of activities for a more independent person. It was nice and clean.

Wife Getting Along Well

So far I'am reasonably satisfied with the care my wife is receiving here in this facility. She is getting along pretty well since her move to this community. They have a very good staff, and I know she is in good hands. They have been friendly when I visit, and helpful when needed. Her room, and the community are well-kept whenever I visit. The experience is going well so far for us in this community, and I think this is a community I would recommend.

My Aunt Is Doing Great Here

So far everything is working out very well for my aunt here at this community. She seems to have adjusted well to it. I'am pleased with her move to this community. She is doing great here. I know she is safe and in good hands. Overall everything is well.

Staff Issues But Overall Nice Community

My husband is doing okay here at this community, but I do have my concerns. The staff isn't caring for him in the way I would like them to. It is a nice looking community, they do a pretty good job with the cleaning. They offer wonderful activities, he has tired a few of them. They do serve healthy meals, but the food could be better. Hopefully things improve with the staff with time.

More education

I wish that staff were more trained in the field of Alzheimer's. I feel staff does not have enough education on how to deal with some of the behaviors an Alzheimer's patient has. Also I would feel a lot better if there were more staff per patient.