Copperfield Hill - Robbinsdale, MN

Don't do it

Gross. Fruit flies everywhere. Stained carpet. Really depressing. Small apartments. Residents screaming in the hallways. Bad lighting. Bad smell.

Marketing team was nice, but they are selling lies. Only upside was the pleasant receptionist. She was very professional and sweet, and talked to visiting residents with care.

Ok place, needs some improvement, get rid of the tall guy

A lot of the staff are great people, the management not so much.

There is a huge difference between the two buildings, The Manor and The Lodge. It is very apparent where they invest their money. If you are on assistance, or low income you will find yourself at the Lodge which is grungy and dreary. The only positive being the Lodge manager is a pleasant person. The Manor clearly is given more care, but it lacks in diversity, and does not have a pleasant manager. He was rude, and flippant.

The menu is strong, and accommodating. The activity directors are fun, and have good ideas. The nures seem to genuinely care.

Yuk

This place is filthy and derelict and care is very bad. Walk into the lodge and you see filthy stained carpet which is what you see all over the building. You can go down stairs and see water dripping from the ceiling my toilet leeks after numerous complaints sink is cracked and stained and kitchen sink is a mess. Meals are frequently not edible. A few very good staff but not many

sucks

The big plus about this place is the location in Robbinsdale close to stores and restaurants. People here end up buying groceries or eating out because of the terrible food and sometimes no food. I am near family here and like the location, but otherwise it sucks. Forget the sitting rooms that few ever use and the Atrium and think about what it is like to live some place if you were here.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are happy you like our convenient location. We are sorry you do not like our food. The majority of our residents really enjoy our food and menu. Our satisfaction survey results indicate that our residents are happy with our food program. If you have suggestions on how to improve our food program we very much welcome your comments. Regarding our sitting rooms, we are sorry you do not like to use them, but they are there for the convenience of all our residents, and there is almost always someone enjoying them. Residents also enjoy the pub, billiard room and movie room. Our layout and design certainly cannot please everyone, but based upon the vast majority of the feedback we receive from families and residents, they are very happy with it. If you continue to have concerns, please contact our Executive Director.

Very open and expansive

I took a tour of this facility and it was nice. The woman that took us around was very friendly and helpful and the overall atmosphere was very pleasant. It was a nice building with lots of light. What was nice about the building was how open and expansive it was. It had just been remodeled so it had a fresh look to it. Everything looked really clean, too. There was a resident that we met that seemed happy and cheerful. She greeted us as we walked around. Ultimately, we decided not to move my Mom in because the location just wasn’t ideal.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you liked the atmosphere and award-winning design and layout of the building and that you got to meet one of our many happy and friendly residents. We hope that the community you chose for your mom is a perfect fit for her.

Pleasant Tour

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was very friendly to my family, and I. The community looked good, and the staff was helpful. They answered our questions, and it was a good experience. Unfortunately this was not the one for us, but we had a pleasant tour.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your tour of Copperfield Hill and that our staff were friendly and helpful. We hope the community you chose was just the right fit for you.

A tour for care

The tour at this community was very nice. The staff were nice and caring to answer the questions we had. We liked that the community was clean and had a nice atmosphere. The menu was appealing and had a lot of activities for the residents. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your tour of Copperfield Hill and got to experience our caring and knowledgeable staff and atmosphere. We do our best to offer a high-quality and vibrant array of food and activities for our residents. We greatly appreciate your recommendation of our community!

Wonderful Community, My Love One is Well

This is a community I would recommend in a heart beat. My love one is doing very well since her move here. This is a wonderful community, and I know she is in good hands. They have a good staff, they have been good at contacting me, and keeping my updated on information. They do provide nice meals, and she has gotten involved in some of the activities they have available. The community is very well-kept when I come to visit. Everything has worked out very well for us in this community.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We consider it the highest compliment when our residents and their family would recommend us. Caring for our residents and ensuring they are living their best life is our top priority and we are so happy you and your loved one know she is in good hands at Copperfield. If you ever have any concerns, suggestions or ideas for improvement in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Copperfield Hill Robbinsdale MN

The nursing staff is excellent!

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We know that nursing staff is a crucial component to the health, safety and happiness of our residents. We work hard to ensure that our nursing staff not only have top-notch skills and experience but that they also are true caregivers at heart. We are thrilled to hear that you are so pleased with them!

Going well so far

My parents moved here and like it so far. The maintenance has been a little slow. My parents said they have put in requests and they keep getting pushed back. They got a free meal card when they moved and have eaten at the dining room a few times and really like the food. We chose Copperfield Hill because they participated in the Elderly Waver Program. My step-brother was able to move in with them also so it helped everyone out.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you and your parents and family are satisfied with the overall experience at Copperfield HIl. We apologize about your parent’s maintenance requests. Since your review was anonymous we ask that you please contact our Assistant Manager or Executive Director to share these concerns so they can be addressed. We are happy to hear that your parents like the food. Chef Brian takes great care to ensure that we have a great dining program. If there is anything we can do in the future to improve your family or your parent’s experience at Copperfield Hill please do not hesitate to let us know.

Really big. Too big for us. The common areas are in need of an update. The unit we saw was bright and spacious.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We understand that a larger senior housing building is not for everyone, however our residents enjoy the number of neighbors and friends in our building as well as the other benefits, such as greater number of staff and number and variety of activities we are able to provide. Many of our common areas have just been updated and we are always working on ways to improve our building and grounds for the benefit of our residents.

Care for my father

I like this community for the care of my father. The staff is nice and caring to his needs. They do offer him activities. The community is clean and well main This is a good location for us and we would recommend the care of the community to other families for good care and a great value for family need a great place to live

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you feel your father is being well cared for and is enjoying the atmosphere and activities. When a resident or family member says they would recommend us we consider it the highest compliment we can receive. If there is anything we can do in the future or if you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to let us know.

A Great New Home for My Mom

My mom has been at Copperfield Hill for two weeks now. She moved there after her previous assisted living facility closed. While she was happy at the previous place, she is very happy with Copperfield Hill.

She has repeatedly commented on the friendliness of both the staff and the residents. She has been more than satisfied with the food options. She has a wide range of choices in her meals and the quality is noticeable. She is very happy with the choice of activities and I definitely feel she is more engaged in activities that bring her into contact with other residents in a positive way.

As my mom was relocating from another state, I had to make a decision on a new facility with minimal input from my mom. I was concerned that she would arrive at Copperfield Hill and maybe not be as satisfied as I hoped she would be. I had nothing to worry about. She is very happy at Copperfield Hill. I wish she had relocated sooner. It's been a great transition.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that your mom is happy living at Copperfield Hill. Nothing is more important than the happiness and health of our residents. We are thrilled that she has found the staff to be friendly and is enjoying the food and activities. Chef Brian puts great care into ensuring we have a top-notch dining program and our activities staff work very hard to ensure that our calendar contains a daily variety of activities. If there is anything we can do to improve you or your mom's experience at Copperfield Hill please let us know!

Copperfield - disappointing.

I don't know anything about activities. I know that there's the great side of the building and the poor side of the building. The poor side has 1 elevator for the entire complex and to be honest when we toured, I thought it was the service elevator it's so dumpy. I was totally surprised when we moved mom in that it was the actual elevator for the residents. I usually take the stairs and they are always dirty. I could tell one time they vacuumed.
Regarding care, mom likes the people who are caring for her well enough but they do not come when she needs them, often too late. Not what I expected for how much it costs. If it weren't for the outside people coming in I don't think she'd be getting any attention to things like bed sores, etc. It's the outside "in home help" that alerts the people there that she needs more.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you have not been fully satisfied with your experience with Copperfield Hill. The concerns regarding the cleanliness of the stairwells and elevator have been passed on to our maintenance department to look into and address. Regarding the timelines of the care for your mother, our records show that when those concerns were raised initially we performed a care audit and worked with your mother and others involved in her care to address those concerns. Regarding the outside services your mother receives, our records show that it was Copperfield Hill staff that noticed those issues with skin integrity and made the referral for outside help to assist in best addressing and managing them. Our staff coordinate with this outside service provider regarding your mother’s services to ensure that all her needs are being addressed and met through this partnership. We strive to provide the best experience for all of our residents and always welcome the opportunity to improve, so if you continue to feel that your concerns are not being adequately addressed please contact our Assistant Manager, Director of Healthcare or Executive Director to discuss them and determine how they can best be addressed.

Mom has only been there a month so we did not see a lot. One thing I did notice why is there not a cleaning crew there everyday and again maybe there was and we did not see them. Did not notice staff walking the floor to make sure everyone was ok. If someone fell there is no way for them to call for help except yell.
The staff that we did see was friendly and helpful. I think my Mom is safe and things will improve. The pictures on the walls are cheerful and bright.
So I would rate this 3/12 to 4 a 5 if the top issues are addressed.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We do have cleaning staff on-site on the weekends. We do have a wearable pendant system for residents to use to buzz for help. If a Memory Care resident does not have a wearable pendant staff check on them, in person, each hour. We would very much like to address your top issues and would greatly appreciate if you would contact one of our Assistant Managers or our Executive Director at your convenience to discuss these issues and how you feel we could address them.

Respite Stay With Well

I was at this community for a respite stay. For the most part everything went pretty well. This is a wonderful community, and everyone was very kind. The staff was helpful and accommodating. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. It was a very good experience, and I would recommend this community.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are happy your respite stay at our community was an enjoyable one. Hearing that someone would refer and recommend Copperfield Hill to others is truly the highest compliment we can receive!

Many great amenities!

The community at Copperfield Hill is very nice. They have an atrium style building. There are areas to walk out and you can see all around the property. It creates an environment that is more conducive for residents to socialize.They have a few decks for the residents to walk out and enjoy. The community offers a bar and salon on site.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. Our atrium style building was designed specifically to be conducive for residents to get out, socialize, meet new people and try new things! Copperfield Hill founder, Darrel Farr, referred to the layout as a "Life Without Loneliness Design" and prioritized creating a building with just the type of feeling you described because of how lonely his mother, Elva, became living at home after his father passed away. Elva moved into Copperfield Hill in 1985 as soon as it opened. She absolutely thrived and returned to being the social butterfly she had always been. We are so happy to hear that the design continues to work to the benefit of our residents!

Perfect place for Dad

This is the perfect place for my Dad. As we were moving him in to his new place, there was a guitar player in the common area playing all his favorite songs. That's when I knew he was going to be very happy here.

The facility is very clean, the people are very friendly and the food is great! The assisted living package provides everything my Dad needs for one great price.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that your Dad found the perfect place in Copperfield Hill and is enjoying the ambiance, friendly faces and delicious food! We're glad that the Assisted Living package is a great fit for your dad – we strive to offer services and packages that meet a variety of needs at a competitive price. We know our residents love music and bring in a variety of musical artists and you'll always find several on our monthly activity calendar. If you or your dad ever have any suggestions for any musical group or act you would like to hear at Copperfield please let our staff know – we always welcome suggestions and ideas.

Over The Top Community!!

The activities are good. My mother really likes the meals . At the moment she is only joining the community for dinner. The medical staff that comes in to take care of the clients has been very good my mother got referrals for speech therapy and medication management. I am happy knowing that she is in a safe community.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that your mother is happy at Copperfield Hill, is enjoying the meals and most importantly is being well cared for by our wonderful nursing staff. One of the reasons Copperfield Hill founder, Darrel Farr, built Copperfield Hill was so his mother would have a community where she would be happy, safe and have all of her needs met so he and his family could enjoy the peace of mind that comes along with it. We are glad that this goal is being fulfilled and that Copperfield Hill is providing that peace of mind for you and your mother.

Copperfield Hill gets my recommendation!!

There are plenty of activities offered at this community. The food is fine, however sometimes the service can be a little slow. The staff are nice they answer our questions and we have good communication. The community is clean.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our activities, atmosphere and our great staff. All of our staff make it a priority to be responsive whenever they receive a concern, and rest assured your concern regarding the food service will be addressed. We always welcome concerns or suggestions from residents and family members so if you have any other concerns or suggestions in the future please do not hesitate to contact one of our Assistant Managers or our Executive Director.

No Concerns Here

We are happy with the care and my mom is in the independent side. The staff help her if needed and they have activities available. My mom participates in some activities. I have no concerns about the facility being clean, it is spotless. My mom likes the meals from the dining room but she also makes her own food too. I would very much recommend this place to a family or friend.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that Copperfield Hill is such a great fit for your mom. We consider referrals and recommendations to be the best compliment we can receive and are honored that you and your mom would very much recommend Copperfield Hill to your family and friends.

Offers A Lot Of Activities

They are caring for my brother very well at this community. Everything is going good since his move to the community. It looks nice and pretty clean. The staff is great, they have been very helpful and nice. The offer many activities through out the week. The food looks really good, and he enjoys the meals. It has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend it.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are happy that your brother chose to call Copperfield Hill home and is enjoying the atmosphere, food and activities. Our staff place great importance on being friendly, helpful and available, so if there is anything you need in the future please let us know!

Things have been good so far.

Things have been good so far. We don't have any complaints. They keep it clean, and the staff is friendly. We are very happy with it. We really like it. It was pretty competitively priced compared to similar places in the area.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you are very happy that you chose Copperfield Hill. We try hard to provide the highest quality staff, care and environment for the best value and are glad to hear we are accomplishing that goal! If you ever have any suggestions please do not hesitate to let us know – we love getting feedback and suggestions.

A great fit!

My mother-in-law moved into Copperfield Hill about 5 months ago. When we were exploring her housing options, this was our unanimous choice. She enjoys the sense of security and friendly staff and fellow residents.

There are many activities and outings that help keep her occupied and engaged. She enjoys the close proximity to Crystal Lake for outdoor walks and visits with her friends. Also the near-by businesses of Robbinsdale give her access to the little necessities and some shopping activity.

We live close by in Minneapolis, so it is a good location for us to visit her regularly as well. The recent remodeling is coming along nicely...will be glad to see that completed.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. Choosing a housing option for a loved one is a big choice with lots of things to consider so we are thrilled to hear that Copperfield Hill was the unanimous choice among your family members! We are so happy that your mother-in-law is enjoying all Copperfield Hill has to offer – the activities, staff, friendships, and location. The founder of Copperfield Hill built it for his mother, Elva, and she loved to walk around Crystal Lake with her friends. It is wonderful to know that your mother-in-law is enjoying the same thing 30 years later!

Great staff!

My husband's aunt moved into Copperfield Hill this summer and we have been very happy with the staff and care. They went above and beyond to make her feel welcome and special, even to the point of throwing her a party with live entertainment and media coverage when she turned 100! She was thrilled! The staff know each resident by name and are very welcoming and personal in their care. We know she is in great hands!

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you, your family and your husband’s aunt have had such a positive experience with her move to Copperfield Hill. We think we have an amazing, hard-working and caring team of employees and are thrilled that they made your husband’s aunt feel welcome. It was a joy to celebrate her 100th birthday party! We look forward to more celebrations to come!

Proactive, helpful and caring

They were very proactive in communicating with us when we moved my dad there. And once we moved, they helped us getting my dad acclimated to his new residence. Very helpful and caring. I have been very pleased and my dad is happy.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are glad that our staff have been proactive in reaching out to you and your family and making your dad feel at home in his new home! Everyone at Copperfield is so glad you and your dad chose Copperfield Hill.

So far things seem to be working out okay.

So far things seem to be working out okay. Anytime we have a question they have responded right away. They offer activities but they are mostly bingo and things that maybe aren't especially stimulating, or inviting for my loved one. They seem a little more friendly than some other places. They had an attitude of this is your home, where other places felt like this is our business. They were more reasonably priced than a lot of the others, and I think they were a better value.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are glad that our staff have been responsive and friendly and made you feel at home. Copperfield Hill was built for the owner’s mother and is family owned and operated so our company culture is founded on the belief that we are providing a home, not just running a business. We recently hired a new Director of Recreation and Wellness and are sure she will be bringing some exciting changes to our activities programming. Beth loves getting feedback and ideas regarding the activities programming so if you have anything you would like to share or suggest please do so!

Where I Live

I love where I live. I have a nice apartment and someone to help me clean once a week. We have a very good chef in charge of the menus and food. Our chef is a real chef. The preparation, presentation and palatability of his meals are far above average. The reason I was attracted to Copperfield Hill was the warmth and friendliness of the staff and residents.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that you love living in the warm and friendly environment of Copperfield Hill! We are proud to offer such a strong dining program and are glad you are enjoying it. Chef Brian is always working to keep the menu offerings fresh and loves new ideas and suggestions so if you every have any please pass them along!

Forever home

This is truly a "home" for my father and the staff is "family". I honestly can not say enough good things about Copperfield Hill. The facility itself is very nice and there are constant updates and improvements going on. The entire staff is amazing and attentive to his needs and the care provided has been exceptional. I feel as if they know my dad as an individual and treat him with honor and respect. There is an interesting variety in the meals served and the food is very good. The positive energy when you walk in the door is upbeat and the residents seem content and happy. I feel as if my father could not be in a better place and he now calls it his "forever home". Thank you Copperfield Hill!

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. As a small family owned and operated business one of the best things we can hear is that Copperfield Hill truly feels like home and that our staff are family to you and yours. We are so glad your father is enjoying the food and environment at Copperfield and we are thrilled that it is his forever home.

So far it has been great..

So far it has been great. They were exceptionally nice and friendly when we got there. It's been great. They helped me with a birthday party there. Overall, it's very good. I would recommend the Copperfield Hill.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that our staff has been warm, friendly and helpful and that you would recommend us to others based on your experiences!

Copperfield Hill

What a happy day when my husband and I decided to move into Copperfield Hill! With a friendly & able staff, with an abundant variety of activities each day, with a choice of communal meals or cooking in our own apartment, our needs are well-met.

What a gift to find ourselves surrounded by caring friends & companions at Copperfield Hill, day after day.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. You and your husband are an incredible part of the Copperfield Hill family – it was a very happy day for us as well when you decided to move to Copperfield Hill!

Quality living and friendly, caring staff.

We moved mom in back in December 2014 and she felt at home the minute she got the keys. She's in Independent Living and has a few physical problems, but none that keep her from getting out and mingling. She often comments on the friendliness of the staff and the residents, She is proud of the fact that the chef has used some of her recipes for the afternoon and evening meals, and enjoys the activities and the daily interaction that she now has. She still bakes and does some cooking, but she does like the selection and quality of the food that is served.

My appreciation for Copperfield started way before move-in day. The staff was super friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to go out of their way to show what the facility and employees had to offer. What's really nice is the front office and staff know their residents and take an active interest in their daily lives. I worried about mom spending too much time alone. Now I almost have to make an appointment to see her because she's either playing 500, bingo, pokeeno or having coffee with the ladies and listening to the guys sing.

A. Farr

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that your mom feels right at home at Copperfield and that she is enjoying the staff, activities, food and company of the other residents. We are sure that the residents are happily enjoying her company as well – and also enjoying her recipes! We are so happy we could help with your mom’s transition to Copperfield Hill, and even happier to know that your mom is flourishing at Copperfield and that your mind is at ease. Your mom’s story is exactly what we aim to achieve at Copperfield Hill.

Doesn't look like they have washer/dryers in room. They do have aging in place though.

A. Farr

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the lack of in-room washers and dryers. We strive to offer apartment amenities that are important to our residents. There are laundry rooms conveniently located on each floor and they are free to use. Additionally, we offer affordable laundry service that includes pick up, laundering, folding, delivery and putting the laundry back in drawers or in closets. For our Assisted Living and Memory Care residents, full laundry service is included.
Thank you for acknowledging one of our most appreciated amenities, that being the ability to age in place. Our campus offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care so there is never a need to move.
Our residents enjoy many other amenities including on-site physicians, podiatry, speech/occupational/physical therapy, vision and hearing services. We also offer transportation, social outings, activities 7 days per week, a safe environment with staff on-site 24/7 as well as RNs and LPNs with nearly 100 years of combined nursing experience. We invite you to contact us or visit us again to learn more about everything we offer and perhaps reconsider the need for in-room washers and dryers. Our website www.copperfieldhill.com provides phone and email contact information. Thank you.

do not send anyone that you love here

my dad was in the memory care unit. we were told that the staff to patient ratio was 1/6 or 1/8. this was a big fat lie. my dad did not receive medication for 4 days because the staff didn't order it. my father was unresponsive for 1 1/2 days and we we not notified, even though we called to check on him. do not send your loved ones here. this is a horrible place and the sales people are deceptive and manipulative.

Review of Copperfield Hill Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Robbinsdale, MN

A nice place but am not comfortable with all the 'little extra's' at the end of each month. Would not be interested in any place that does not have a 'fixed' monthly fee.

A. Farr

Thank you for your comment. We offer care packages as well as a-la-carte services that can be purchased at any time to maximize flexibility for our residents. That way if a resident decides to add a nursing service for just a short period of time they are easily able to, and do not have to pay for care they do not receive. Our care packages do have fixed monthly prices which do not change unless a resident chooses to add on an a-la-carte service during the month. If you are interested in learning more about how our pricing works we would love to talk to you. Our website www.copperfieldhill.com provides phone and email contact information. Thank you.

My parents loved it!!!

My parents did NOT want to move out of their home, but they couldn't manage anymore without assistance. We had toured other places, but this one suited them best. They liked that it didn't "sprawl" on for miles, or seem like an institution. They loved the atrium and the sun room! They picked a beautiful 2 bedroom on the 5th floor, with "the view", available Nov 1st. But in August, mom was hospitalized, and their move in date was going to have to be moved forward, well before their apartment with "the view" was going available. I called Copperfield (in tears, no less!) and asked what could be done. Copperfield allowed them to move into another 2 bedroom, temporarily, until the one they really wanted with "the view" was available! Moving in two stages, although not easy, made it easier than hiring the extra help mom would need until she could move in. It also allowed them to get acquainted with the place, on a "temporary" basis, like testing the waters.
Everyone one who has come to visit them have been impressed with the place and the help has been wonderful. My father passed in January, but the neighbors and staff have been extremely attentive to mom, checking on her to make sure she doesn't feel so alone.
The staff has been extremely patient with me, since the running joke is that I am here to change the service agreement, again, this month... Due to the drugs mom was on, they had to monitor her many times per day in the beginning, doing blood draws and administering her medicines. We finally got that all under control and things were settling down when she took a fall, back to the hospital and when released, she was back with the extra services again! She has since recovered and she is back to just the basics of assisted living and is doing well. I think the service contract has remained the same for the last two, maybe three months!!! The great thing is, they are able to add or subtract services, as needed, in short order. I appreciate that because I was afraid when she needed all that special assistance, that the price would go up, but never come down. That was NOT the case. That is why it is our "joke" about my changing the service package, again, and again, and again! Up, down, up, and down again!

A. Farr

Thank you so much for your comment. We are so happy your parents enjoy the award-winning atrium layout of the building. We are very glad that all of your parent’s needs were accommodated – making sure we are meeting the needs and preferences of our residents is our top priority. That is why we offer flexible care and service options, so should the needs of the residents change we are able to immediately accommodate them. We are sorry to hear of your father’s passing and are glad that your mother is being well cared for – the fact that there are many caring staff on site every day as well as so many things to do make it easier to get out and socialize and minimize loneliness. Copperfield Hill was built for the founder’s mother whose husband had passed away, and she happily lived out the rest of her very busy days here!

I think this is a great facility! My ...

I think this is a great facility! My loved one is struggling with the adjustment, but everytime I've been there, I'm very happy with the attention and professionalism of the staff. They are very friendly and the facility itself is great!

A. Farr

We are so happy that you and your loved one are having a good experience at Copperfield! The transition to senior housing can be difficult, but the rewards of being safe, having caring staff on site 24/7, and finding a great new group of friends to enjoy new experiences with are worth the move! Copperfield Hill is family owned and operated and stories like yours are why we got into the senior housing business.

Very Very Disappointing

We searched all over the Twin Cities area for a place for my grandmother to be well cared for when my grandfather and other family members were no longer able to care for her properly. At the time of her going to Copperfield she was no longer able to do anything for herself, and was put on hospice a few days after being moved here. During her brief stay here I was greatly disappointed in the level of care she received! Most of the PCA staff barely speak english, the nurse rarely left her office to attend to any needs of any resident, and there was a total lack of caring behavior on any of the staff's side. I would arrive to visit and my grandmother would have been laying in the same position she had been in when I left the night before( she was supposed to be turned many times a day) and no one had changed her sanitary items in hours! Other residents would remove things from her room because it seemed like the staff was always in the kitchen/break area on their phones and never making sure residents were staying busy with activities. Now needless to say this was the memory unit and my grandma couldn't do anything for herself, which at times can be frustrating, but I would have appreciated knowing that she was at least made comfortable before passing away.

A. Farr

We are sorry that you feel your grandmother had a negative experience at Copperfield Hill. Based on your grandmother’s situation as well as comments made to us by your grandfather and other family members we believed that your family and your grandmother’s experience with Copperfield Hill had been positive. Our records show that your family informed us that they had already planned for your grandmother to start hospice when she moved into Copperfield. In order to assist with a quick move-in Copperfield provided a complimentary full bedroom and furniture set so your family would not have to worry about that aspect of the move. During your grandmother’s stay at Copperfield our staff worked with hospice staff as well as family members to make sure that she was as comfortable and well cared for as possible. After your grandmother passed away her family expressed sincere gratitude for how well she was taken care of during her time at Copperfield and how attentive the staff were to her and her family members throughout the difficult time. Again, we are sorry that you did not share those positive feelings.

Assisted living units are a...

Assisted living units are actually full 1-bedrooom apartments; too large for our dad's needs. Price would be somewhat less than Sunrise, but not enough to risk a move to their memory care area.

A. Farr

Thank you for your comment. We offer many different apartment options to suit the needs, preferences and budget of our residents. Some prefer a large two-bedroom apartment while others prefer a smaller studio apartment. This is why Copperfield Hill offers 6 different floor plans for our residents to choose from.

Some issues with cleanliness and care

I helped some acquaintances search into other options when this location was no longer suitable for them. This location had some issues with cleanliness and being able to accommodate their needs. They did have some very nice activities here, including musical performances which my friends always enjoyed.

A. Farr

Thank you for your comment. We place a great importance on the cleanliness and appearance of our community and work diligently to ensure that it is a clean and inviting place for our residents, visitors and staff. We are very sorry that it was not up to those high standards during your visit. Since that time a new Director of Building Services has taken over the housekeeping department and we are confident that our community now meets those standards. We are glad your friends enjoyed our robust musical program, which plays a big part in our overall activities programming. If you are ever interested in stopping by during a musical program you are welcome to do so. Our monthly activity calendar, as well as our featured events can be found on our website www.copperfieldhill.com.

Friendly, Small Town Feel

We really liked them, but my mom is in a shared companion suite, and we felt like their shared companion suites were a little too small. We liked that it felt like a friendly, small town facility.

Has companion suite which i...

Has companion suite which includes tv, phone and paper supplies, and monthly hair cut voucher.. Common room very small, no window, small ref and microwave, no sink. Have adds-on we want for mom. Includes 3 meals. Not sure of add-on costs. Mom would need to monitor her diet intake more. Buddy system. Companion suite not in main building, younger residents. Has van with van wheelchair lift. Good activity calendar. Elderly waiver accepted after 1-2 years. Near Catholic Church and shopping area.

Mostly good so far

It's mostly good, we had a situation where we stored some furniture of my husbands uncle in the underground covered garage because we had to wait until my mother-in-law moved up and it got damaged because of those terrible storms we were having. Water got in whcih destroyed all the furniture, they kinda didn't offer to give any kind of compensation to make up for it. I would have thoguth they should have somehow been responsible especially since we were paying rent to store it there.

Other than that, so far so good, the staff is very nice, the people that we worked with getting things lined up for the move were very helpful and nice. The apartments are completely renovated, new everything and there's just a few things that don't go as planned. Its very nice and its been pretty positive so far.

Beautiful campus. Really liked the AL...

Beautiful campus. Really liked the AL/Independent apartments. The memory care unit was not my favorite. The shared space seemed crowded. - I may have to visit again now that I've seem more places.

Separate wing on 2nd floor for memory...

Separate wing on 2nd floor for memory care. It was secured...but did not have an open air about it - this wing reminded me of a nursing home. Next door bedroom and bathroom mate was 74, and as we were walking down the hall, she says "i don't like this person" and almost picks an arguement with this other resident.(both spoke in foreign language, other person did seem challenged.) The activity list for residents seemed to be good, had "polka time" EM program available as soon as money runs out at own cost, no waiting period. Private fund cost.

Lovely little memory care center, nic...

Lovely little memory care center, nice program. Facilities felt cramped and uncomfortable, a little institutional feel. Questionable accessibility for residents in w/c's. Awkward design/bathroom etc.

Food Menu looked great all of it eati...

Food Menu looked great all of it eatible. Looks like they keep busy. Kitchen, 2 bedrooms a +, by Lake Crystal. Animals???

Director is a pleasure to work with a...

Director is a pleasure to work with and listened to all of our needs. While the facility lacks a front entry desk/reception type area, there was always someone around to ask questions to. The activities were varied and plentiful. Definitely something for any interest to do! The activities were very well attended and participants were active and entertained. I like that they have the buddy system when a resident first comes into the center. Meals are varied and plentiful and there is access to anything. They have outings to Walmart, Target, the banks, grocery stores, dining establishments and many, many more. There is always something happening at Copperfield Hill! While the apartments are not the newest, they seem to be kept up very well. The apartments are quite, you don't hear your neighbor's TV. The tubs are renovated to be walk-in showers. And the price is reasonable.

I liked it

I liked it

Nice facility - clean. Apartments we...

Nice facility - clean. Apartments were fine. It was all a bit dated but ok.

Stay in apt from independent - assist...

Stay in apt from independent - assisted (memory?) Indoor garage Free van up to 3mi Hotel/village decor Full kitchen & meals On staff nurses (6am - 9 pm) and aids (24hrs) East NE nice views (crystal lake) Involved in local community centers Closer to friends Pretty well kept Library

Copperfield Hill offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Our community is situated “in the heart of Robbinsdale”. Robin Center and Crystal Lake are located just next door and North Memorial hospital is 1-mile south of Copperfield Hill. Our location offers convenience both to the residents and the families.

The Manor has a 4-story atrium with activity rooms located on each floor. Activity rooms such as: an exercise room, billiards room and a community room offer residents a chance for socialization with family and friends. Our beauty/barber shop, library and delivery of groceries once a week offer conveniences to our residents.

In the Lodge we offer assisted living and a secured memory care. With the Registered Nurse and your input, we are able to offer the independence you want with the care you need. The Lodge offers three meals a day, laundry, housecleaning and our emergency “pendant” call system 24 hours a day. Personal assistance with additional items such as; medication, bathing, ambulation and behavior will be added to each residents care plan according to their needs.

Activities are an integral part of our community. Our activity director plans group activities to include everyone. From our van outings to bingo in the community room, residents will have the opportunity to socialize.

At Copperfield Hill our continuing of care and financial assistance with Hennepin County, we intend to make this your last move. Please feel free to call if you would like to schedule a tour of our beautiful community and meet the residents that make up our “family”.