Tender Reflections of Elkhorn - Elkhorn, WI

Great memory care

Our Dad was well taken care of. Spent his last days as happily as possible.
Recommend TR and should go on a tour to see for yourself. The memory program here was worth the money.

Tender reflections - Elkhorn

Lovely space, lots of Windows, walking paths inside and outside. Staff friendly and helpful. Residents looked well cared and facility very clean.

Room available within budget

Not Good

The worst Assisted Living Facility . Under staffed, Administration lies to staff & Families. Caregivers try but not enough to go around.

Wanda Wanda

Thank you for your feedback. Sometimes we are just not a good fit, as it sounds is the case here. Please check out our stellar performance in the eyes of DHS.

Better communication is what we need!

I am not happy with this community and the way that the staff treat my brother. The staff lie about what they are doing for my brother when I talk to him everyday. The CNA"S are suppose to walk my brother and they do not. The nurses do not order is medication in a proper time so sometimes he has to go with out it. The administration does not ever get a hold of me or answer any calls. However, the community is clean and neat all the time.

Wanda Wanda

Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to hear you find the facility clean and neat. Our partnership with families is vital to a successful stay in our communities. Families can request a care conference at any point to address any perceived shortcomings and have specific care requests added to the care plan. If ever you feel local administration is not attending to your needs, please feel free to reach out to our corporate office at [removed].

Curt R Crotty
President/CEO
ICM/SCG

Nice and bright. Good resident-staff ratio.
From now till end of life residency sounds gloomy but is at the same time good to know.

General care

I am writing this for my husband. We have not seen any activities so far. He is not happy with the food for supper.
Also he waits a long time after he pushes his buzzer. They seem to be short staffed. The staff that is there is very friendly and helpful. Many things are a la carte which for the price of staying there should be included. We would prefer a place where the dementia patients are separate.

Wanda Wanda

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you were in our community during the initial leaseup phase of our new community. We do specialize in memory care and it sounds like your husband was higher functioning and possibly more of a candidate for a RCAC type environment. We no longer utilize wireless pendants (buzzers) as they became more of a butler bell and distract our caregivers from doing proactive cares. I’m not sure what features or services you paid for outside your basic rent and level of care other than typical reimburesables. I’m glad to hear you liked our staff. Sometimes we are challenged when staff call in sick, but we do operate with a higher caregiver to resident ratio than most.

Curt R Crotty