Artisan Senior Living Lake Geneva - Lake Geneva, WI

Good option if there is space open

We toured Artisan and had a good impression. Unfortunately, they did not have availability at the time we were looking.

Great memory care unit!!

I have recently moved my mom into this community and I have been very pleased with how the staff have helped her feel right at home especially from the horrible experience she had from another facility. They have a great memory care unit with lots of one on one time with the staff as well as activities and arts and crafts for them to enjoy. So far I am happy with how everything is going and am thankful I found this place,

Visited this facility in November, along with their Racine location. Both are more memory care level facilities and beyond what my mother needs, or would feel comfortable in, right now. They are both very small and felt confining. But that is perhaps because my mother is still active.

So far it's working out pretty well.

So far it's working out pretty well. They seem to be doing a good job. It's still new and I am not there all the time. We do get the occasional grumble about food, but some of that is the adjustment, and getting used to it.

took mom under their wings

My mother has not complained about anything at all since being at Artisan Senior Living Lake Geneva. They have really taken her under her wings. She enjoys the company there, goes out with them on occasion, and is generally just very happy. They have been really great and have taken a lot of stress out of our lives.

Memory care, poor reviews, ...

Memory care, poor reviews, low functioning seniors here

Move On Not In

Find some place else-as a physician I deal with said
"No one wants to DIE here, find someplace better"

My parents where both housed here for about three years During there stay I continued to look for some place else. At the time they moved in it was the only place available that could take them both and they could share a room. So It was ameans to an end.

The director runs hot and cold. You never know what you will get.

I absolutely Loved the activities director. She is wonderful and cares for the residents a lot. She tried her best to keep people and families engaged.

The caregivers that actually dealt with the residents for the most part seemd to be caring. Ther were a couple who would belittle the residents and refer to them as stupid. This is in the memory care area where my parents where. They are not trained very well. My Dad's hospice nures and social worker offered to hold some classes to teach the staff better techniques when dealing with demntia patients it never happened.

Unfortunately we were not able to find place that was more professional and treated everyone with the compassion and understanding that our loved ones deserved.

The real corker was the evening of my dads death.One of the residents fell. I ran to her and tried to comfort her, then went to find the aide on duty.

When I did she was very caring and called 911 after the resident complained about a lot of pain in her hip and back. Another aide came in looking for something and when told of the woman who had fallen went to her and her exact words where, " NAME, can you roll over and straighten out your legs I need to see if your legs are the same length." The resident could not due to the pain.

The aide took the resident by the knees rolled her to her back and straightened out her legs. (Even I know this a complete NO-NO, and I have had nothing more than a simple first aid course years ago.)

The EMT's arrived and very carefully moved her to a gurney and to the hospital. The resident suffered a fractured hip, needing much rehab and will not be coming back to Artisan.

After witnessing and being there through this I accelerated my search to get my Mother out of there.

It took 2 months but my Mom is now in a very nice facility with activities such as sit and stretch, walking outside, dancing and being with residents and caregivers that actually talk with her not at her.

She is clean and her teeth are brushed her hair is combed. All which was not addressed very well at Artisan.
Her whole disposition has changed. My Mom is HAPPY for the first time since she had to leave her home.

I DO NOT recmmenend this place for anyone.

Low-Functioning Patients

This would have not been a good match for my mom. The level of patients was much lower than my mom plus it's far away. They have a memory care unit and they are at a really low functioning level. My mom is really high functioning so it wouldn't have been a good fit.

most wonderful

My Mom ended up spending the last two years of her life here, and I can't praise the Memory Care staff enough. They were kind, informative, caring and compassionate while keeping Mom's dignity intact. Her concerns and our concerns were met with a caring and dignified response. While we (of course) all wish our loved ones could spend their entire lives at home, it does not always work that way, and the homelike atmosphere of this establishment eased that transition. The caregivers at all levels had great patience and treated the residents as family. The food was great, the food staff considerate, and my appreciation is endless for the staff at all levels.

I toured this place. I thought it was...

I toured this place. I thought it was very nice. Home cooked meals in a kitchen that could be in your own home. The memory care unit was attached right to the assisted living unit. They were seperated by an allarmed door. And the price for both of them was something we could pay without having to sell of f everything. The only real draw back was the distance from where we live to come and visit.

Toured facility on Friday. 40 privat...

Toured facility on Friday. 40 private rooms. Can have own furniture, artwork, however will provide basic if needed. Decor a little dated, but clean. 4 main common living rooms, 2 common dining areas. Staff is long term. Personalized care, even hospice. 15 miles = 23 minutes

Come and see all Artisan Senior Living of Lake Geneva has to offer. Located on over 20 acres of beautiful land providing quality care throughout our Assisted Living and Memory Care programs.

Quality Care and personalized services are the foundation for our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Independence is encouraged, with highly trained staff on hand to assist in the activities of daily life when challenges arise, all in a setting that provides privacy and dignity for all residents.

Past times our dedicated memory care services are in an intimate setting. Our staff are specially trained in caring for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia-related conditions. All in a protected environment that allows residents to move about freely--inside and in our outdoor spaces.