Avalon Assisted Living - Fitchburg, WI

• Housekeeping provided

Very Nice Tour of This Facility

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was very kind. It was a good experience. The staff I came across was friendly, and informative. My questions were answered. From what I saw the community looked well-kept. It was a good tour, but this wasn't the one for us.

Constance Barr

Thank you for the kind words and for taking time to share your family's experience.. We are pleased that the tour went well and all of your questions were answered appropriately. If circumstances change, we hope you will keep Avalon in mind.

Things are going very well!

I like this place a lot, things are going well so far! The staff take great care of me. There are plenty of activities to participate in, like exercise classes, bingo, cards, games, or even just sitting at a table and talking with other residents. There are also planned outings, such as our recent trips to the ice cream parlour and the botanical gardens. The staff also take us to the grocery store when we need to go. I also like the fact that the facility can work with financial aid if I ever needed that option.

Constance Barr

We are delighted that you are thriving in your new home at Avalon Assisted Living and participating in the plentiful activities and outings. It sounds like you are making new friends too. Thank you for sharing your first hand experience about life at Avalon.
Warm Regards,

Fair. Older building. within our means but the food was disappointing

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your impressions from your recent visit to Avalon Assisted Living. Feedback is essential as we constantly strive to improve our services and manifest our mission statement: Creating environments where moments of joy independence and wellness are the focus each and every day.

I'm sure you can appreciate the challenge of providing meals for a variety of dietary needs and tastes. We invite residents to share their favorite family recipes for our chefs to prepare.

Nice Tour Overall

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. The tour went well overall. The staff was kind, and my questions were answered. The community from what I saw looked good. I did find other community that suited our needs better, but my tour of this community was a nice one.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing about your positive experience when you toured Avalon. We are pleased that your questions were addressed and the staff was helpful. If your mom's situation changes, please keep Avalon in mind.

Helpful and Kind Experience

They were kind, open and understood why we had hesitations about a move in. If we had any questions they were glad to answer us. They were accommodating to our concerns. They were not pushy and wanted what was best for my mom. They were very helpful.

Constance Barr

We appreciate the accolades about the team at Avalon. They truly are a dedicated and compassionate group of folks. Our hope is that Avalon will prove to be your loved ones new home.

Not very much availability!!

My parents really liked this place during out tour, it was a beautiful community with great bedroom amenities that they had really liked. Unfortunately there business office needs some improvement. My parents had decided to send in there deposit in after making the choice that they wanted to live in this facility, however the administration did not get back to them for a few weeks after money was sent in and said they had no open space for them. I wish they would have communicated that they didn't have the availability during our tour.

Constance Barr

We regret that your family had a poor experience at our managed community, Avalon Assisted Living. Our apologies for the miscommunication. Please know that we are always striving to refine and improve our services, while learning from situations that did not go according to protocol.

We liked this one!

This community was our second choice. The staff I met were nice and the community seemed clean. I think this community is worth taking a look at.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Avalon Assisted Living.

I liked this community!

The staff that conducted the tour were nice and knowledgable. The community was clean and well maintained. This was my second choice of a place to live.

Constance Barr

We appreciate you taking time to share your comments and are pleased that your visit was a positive one. We are proud of our employees are dedicated and compassionate individuals who provide exceptional care for our residents. If we can be of help to you in the future, please do reach out to us.

They were very helpful in helping my mom's needs in a timely fashion. The food is okay. They've treated my mom very well, and she feels very welcome there.

Constance Barr

We appreciate you taking the time to share your family's personal experience at Avalon Assisted Living Community. It is gratifying that your mother is being well cared for and enjoying her time at Avalon.

Review of Avalon Assisted Living - Fitchburg, WI

This place has residents sharing a bathroom between 2 rooms

Avalon: amazing value, great place to live.

Unfortunately my father was only able to live at Avalon for two weeks, but he was quite happy there for the most part. He was on a medication that he had to take on an empty stomach and then wait for a period of time before eating, and he was still working with staff to get that med delivered at the time that was best for him. He was a foodie, and didn't love the food, but the facility, staff, and residents at Avalon are very warm and friendly. It felt like home when I first visited, and my father chose it over another facility that I visited with him. I visited 5 facilities, and Avalon was by far my favorite. The apartment was very large and comfortable and we all loved it.

Great staff and great price!

The staff and residents are very friendly. I have been IMPRESSED with my mother living there and they have been going above and beyond to make her happy. Staff are caring, kind and patient and I feel like I am getting a great price for the service. I would recommend to anyone.

Constance Barr

We appreciate your kind words and agree that this is an exemplary senior living community. Avalon has a dedicated leadership team and compassionate caregivers. We are very proud of them and are delighted that your mother is enjoying life there.

Nice People

Well, everyone is very, very nice, but it takes them a long time once you push the button for them to come. They don't have enough helpers. The food is less than I would expect, they are having all kinds of problems with making me vegetarian foods. They are trying, but I don't know why they are having so much trouble.

Lissa Guyton

Thank you so much for your feedback. Resident issues are very important to us and the areas of concerns you have we will focus on. Again, thanks for taking the time to express things you are satisfied with at Avalon and areas you feel we could improve.

Jhonathon's Review

My sister has lived in Avalon Assisted Care, Memory Care, for approximately five years. Every time I visit her and leave, I go out the door and am extremely grateful for the staff that works there and for the care that she receives. I leave her and I know that she is in extremely good hands!
I am also appreciative of the many activities that are provided for her at Memory Care.

I feel that Jhonathon is a very good supervisor and tries to keep families informed about events regarding their loved ones, as well as events that occur at Memory Care. I also feel that during the time that he has been the supervisor, the facility has undergone some very positive physical changes and presents a very warm and inviting atmosphere.

Constance Barr

We appreciate the accolades for Avalon Assisted living Community. We are very proud of the stellar leadership team and staff there. This is certainly not the first time we have heard glowing praise for Jhonathon. He is a compassionate and giving person, with a gift for memory care. It is so good to hear that you have peace of mind knowing your sister is well cared for and involved.

Caring environment at Memory Care unit

Memory Care facility has many caring staff members, from CNAs up to the unit's administrator. Many greet me by name when I stop to visit my mother. Common areas and resident's rooms consistently appear clean and clutter free. Common area just completed small makeover with fresh coat of paint, new furniture and wall mounted TV. Staff does a nice job decorating inside the unit for holiday occassions. Mom consistently says breakfast and lunch taste good. Unit administrator always attends, provides feedback and comments as well as facilitates discussions with myself and my sibling to improve Mom's well being.

Constance Barr

It is wonderful to hear that your mom is thriving with the exceptional care provided at Avalon Assisted Living. We are proud of the Avalon team, from the very involved Administrator, his team leaders, the compassionate caregivers and all the support staff. Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. It means a lot to us.

Avalon gets Two Thumbs Up!

The staff at Avalon is caring, diligent, and friendly. They do a nice job providing care for my great-aunt. They are always helpful and are always willing to answer questions and address my concerns. I recommend Avalon as a place for your loved one should they require assistance with their daily living needs.

Constance Barr

We agree that the Avalon team is exceptional and certainly deserves that two thumbs up! It is wonderful to hear that your great-aunt is well cared for and that you are pleased with her living situation. Thank you so much for sharing your impressions.

Great care at Memory Care

My mom has lived in Avalon for a few years. She moved to Memory Care more than a year ago, and since then, has done much better. The staff are kind and gentle with her and the other residents. I find that staff respond to my inquiries and want to help Mom be safe and comfortable. They are quick to ask questions so they understand what Mom wants and needs.

Lissa Guyton

Thanks so much for the kind words about Avalon. The team there works hard for all of our residents while being there for our families as well. Thanks for sharing your experience!

We are not too happy at this point.

They aren't very good with follow through and communication. It took them a long time to clean up after an incident. They weren't monitoring my loved one close enough. I think they have a nurse that has to take care of the entire place, both memory care, and assisted. I don't know if they are short staffed, or what. We are not too happy at this point. They told me that they provide the furniture, but when we got there, they wanted five hundred dollars for furniture. They do not have a nurse on call over the weekend. We chose them because of their location, and proximity to family.

Nice place, reasonably priced

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Avalon Assisted Living seemed like a nice place, overall. The facility and its furnishings seemed a bit more dated and not as fancy as some of the other options we saw, but the apartments themselves were large, spacious, and bright. It was also very reasonably priced.

Constance Barr

Thank you for taking time to share your impressions. We work very hard with our managed communities to control costs and provide superior services. The Administrator and his team at Avalon are exceptional in their caring approach of the residents.

Great place - caring staff and plenty of people working.

Very pleased so far. My FIL has been there 2 weeks and everyone has been super helpful. Way more staff on duty than anywhere else we looked at. Also the staff seem very happy with their jobs - always laughing and talking with each other - great atmosphere.

Constance Barr

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about Avalon Assisted Living Community. We are very proud of this property and the stellar staff. We are delighted that you and your loved one are enjoying a positive experience.

Connie

Avalon=Peace of Mind

Avalon = peace of mind
My very elderly mother resides at Avalon. It's such a caring community. Every member of the staff knows every resident by name and their actions show they really care.
Mom desperately wanted to stay in her own home, but that wasn't possible. So she reluctantly moved to Avalon. The have been so kind in helping her adjust.
They provide lots of activities and the facilities are so welcoming, clean and comfortable. To that add the friendly, caring staff and it brings me peace of mind as I live out of state. They keep me informed of activities and any problems she may be having. I'd recommend Avalon to anyone looking for a pleasant, safe place for an elderly person.

Constance Barr

We understand the transition from ones own home to a senior living community is often a challenging one. It is wonderful to hear that the stellar team at Avalon welcomed your mom and made that move a smooth one. We are very proud of the "caring community" that is Avalon Assisted Living. Thank you very much for sharing your impressions.

I think they are the greatest.

They are wonderful, in all areas. We were so impressed with how nice they were. The staff is so nice to all the people that are there. The administrator is wonderful. I think they are the greatest. They have a lot of activities that they offer.

I'm very impressed with Avalon Assist...

I'm very impressed with Avalon Assisted Living. All is going well so far and my loved one is adjusting. I'm satisfied with the services offered, the friendliness of the staff, and cleanliness of the facility.

Constance Barr

We appreciate you taking the time to give a review of Avalon Assisted Living Community. The team leaders and staff there are exemplary and we are proud of their efforts to provide the best possible living situation for our residents.

Not enough activities on ca...

Not enough activities on campus. Senior center is down the block but would be difficult for my husband to get there without help

Great memory care caregivers!

Everything has been fabulous so far at Avalon, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly. The caregivers in the memory care unit in particular have been wonderful, they've been so kind and so welcoming!

Constance Barr

Thank you very much for taking time to share your thoughts on the care your loved one is receiving at Avalon. We re very proud of the committed team at this community and especially the compassionate caregivers.

Connie Barr, Ridgeline Management Co.

Review for Avalon Assisted Living in Fitchburg, Wisconsin

We thoroughly enjoyed our four day stay here. We met many nice people and enjoyed activities and meals. Enjoyed surrounding grounds and woods, viewed from all our apt.'s windows. Wonderful helpful staff. Sarah Hendricksen was especially helpful, always cheerful.

Mr & Mrs. Maki,
We are delighted that your respite stay at Avalon was a good one. The team at this community is truly exceptional. You folks are not the first to sing Sarah's praises. She is a lovely and caring individual. Thank you for taking time to provide this review.

We played phone tag a coupl...

We played phone tag a couple times over maybe five days. I had decided on Heritage by the time we spoke. Sarah was very gracious and passed on useful information to me.

They are an incredible staff

They are an incredible staff, the people that run it,and the people that live there, and the people that work there. This was a rehabilition stay so not very long. They are the only ones in the area that will take you for less than a month. They had sing alongs and things to do. They were able to prepare a special requests. I don't think they have quite enough help but they work very hard. Meals took a little while, almost 2 hours.

I would give them a six if I could for care services.

They really don't nickle and dime us. I would give them a six if I could for care services. The food is delicious, we have eaten there a couple of times. The nurse that we worked with was amazing, in the amount of help she provided to us before we even knew that we were going to be here. The other thing that pushed the decision for us, was that the residents were out and about, not in their rooms or small groups.

6.5 miles. Least desirable ...

6.5 miles. Least desirable location so far but really liked everything else. Have 1-bdrm like mom's current situation! They take medicaide for all levels of care. Most affordable so far. Trying to understand why.

Constance Barr

The Avalon leadership team and our management company work very hard to control costs and create affordable living, without sacrificing quality. We hope you will choose Avalon Assisted Living Community for your mom. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

for CBRF 'enhanced' assiste...

for CBRF 'enhanced' assisted living person has studio apt, with more intimate (does this mean shared) living and dinning room. Invited to come for free meal and stay overnight. Bldg looks newer. Optional on-site religious services. hair salon T-Th; patio, sunroom, laundry each floor.

Locations didn't work out. ...

Locations didn't work out. But Shirley was great to work with, and I really though the facility had good points for my parents.

Unfortunate

The meals & activities were very good.

They don't have enough staff tending to the needs of the residents. The staff they do have is over worked and at times get short tempered. (Don't blame them.) Residents are "NOT" provided the one on one services as promised without begging and complaining.

The place needs a complete renovation.

Not nearly as nice as Crown Point. T...

Not nearly as nice as Crown Point. This place has much smaller apt. and is not updated. Has a side yard that deer will walk through. Dad would like that!

Lissa Guyton

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. We are working on updating apartments as we are able. Our cottages feature higher levels of care with a smaller studio. However, if you did not get a chance to visit our Nature View Apartments, we invite you to come back and view them, as they are some of the largest in the area. The orchard behind our community is also one of our most frequented areas by our residents! Thank you again for your time.

Really basic facility.

Really basic facility.

Lissa Guyton

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. I hope you got a chance to see the areas our residents [removed] Nature Nook, Sports Room, Computer Lab, and Game Center. Please feel free to visit again anytime. Thank you.

Offer apartments and assisted living ...

Offer apartments and assisted living cottages.

Lissa Guyton

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review.

This has good possibilities and offer...

This has good possibilities and offers different levels of care.

Lissa Guyton

Thank you for your feedback! Your time is valuable and we appreciate the time you took. We do offer a campus from more independent options through memory care. We welcome you to view our options again anytime. Thank you!

At Avalon Assisted Living Community, our mission is simple: creating environments where moments of joy, independence, and wellness are the focus each and every day.

Avalon is the home of a unique, Balance Fitness program designed especially to strengthen the core muscles needed for improved balance and gait. We have an active resident council and several employee programs designed to attract and retain compassionate, quality staff.

Our apartments offer 1- and 2-bedroom, 1-bath retirement living choices with full kitchens and the option of storage. Laundry facilities are available on every floor. The best part are the assistance services available, should you need them.

We also offer cottages with studio-style bedrooms and more intimate living and dining areas. This is a great option for those needing more assistance.

The secured memory care is also a cottage style, with a higher staffing ratio for those with cognitive impairments.

We could tell you why we're different, but we'd like to invite you to EXPERIENCE the difference! Join us today for a complimentary meal and personal tour. Also ask about a FREE short stay to try us out!