Superior Residences at Lecanto - Lecanto, FL

Superior Residences at Lecanto - Lecanto, FL has yet not published prices.

Just don't.

DON'T DO IT!!!! Meds, meds, and more meds. If you wonder why every resident is sleeping slumped over in a chair, they'll tell you that "their bellies are full and happy". NOT TRUE. It's from sedation, don't believe anything else.
Activities....? Look and see if that puzzle you saw when you toured the place has been touched. These liars say there's "afternoon tea parties" which involves them placing a cup of tea and a cookie in front of a resident. Any activity my Mom had to stay occupied was provided by US. Her therapy doll, several games, sensory items...we bought it all, they have nothing and offer nothing. My sweet Mom was ignored, even developing foot issues because all she did was walk the halls and look for her family. NO COMFORT was ever offered to her. They even locked her out of her room because when she was in there, she'd pack her things because she wanted to go home so badly. That was their solution....LOCK HER OUT OF HER OWN ROOM!!!!
These people are disgusting. And don't believe there's new ownership....there isn't. New director, nursing staff, etc....yes....constant turnover, but still run by the same lying, money hungry, opportunistic vipers.
Don't pay attention to how pretty it is. My Mom walked in there, high functioning, verbal, etc....but was sick, dehydrated, bleeding, and unresponsive in less than 90 days. DON'T DO IT. They don't care about your loved one, please don't get fooled.

Caitlin Hoyt

Our sincerest apologies Ms. Mahoney, we will be reaching out to look into all of this immediately!

Care and Comfort

The care at this community is outstanding. The staff are very caring and attentive to her needs . The variety of the meals are good and she likes the nice variety. I am glad that my mom is activities with the other residents. I would recommend this clean and nice community for other families for the care of there loved one with a great value for care

Caitlin Hoyt

Thank you for your kind review!

DON'T GET FOOLED BY THE LOOK OF IT!!! This was the biggest mistake of our life since Mom's diagnosis. These people are clever marketers, and they take advantage of the saddest time of your life. But most of it is FRAUD. They will tell you that your loved one can "age in place"...NOT TRUE. Don't believe them. They will tell you that you need to hire a 24-hour caregiver if your loved one is a "fall risk"...(which most every resident is!). They will tell you you have to purchase a hospital bed. They lie about having PT and OT on site. There were multiple mistakes with meds, and ZERO management of diabetes, testing only once per WEEK!!! My loved one sat, overmedicated, in a chair, outcold, for 7 hours. She was dehydrated, had a UTI, and a bleeding diaper rash. She left via 911. She was injured in the shower when they forced her in, because they cannot handle patients with dementia. I beg you, don't get fooled. Find another place. They nearly killed my loved one, and then blamed it on her, for "resisting care", which is a hallmark of this illness. Please, just dont leave your loved one here, no matter how kind everyone seems....they aren't. It all about money.

Caitlin Hoyt

Our sincerest of apologies on your past experience. If you can please reach out to us directly so that we can address theses concerns specifically, we would love the opportunity to do so!

Very positive experience. The tour showed a beautiful outside area, and the many areas for the activities, the calendar of activities was extensive. I could feel the commitment of the tour person and the staff that I met, in providing care to the residents

Caitlin Hoyt

Thank you so much for your kind review! Come back and see us!

Misleading

Be VERY careful. It is easy to be fooled by decor and first impressions, but don't make the same mistake we did. We found 90% of what was promised was a lie. The residents wander aimlessly, most are sedated and in front of the TV, which is the only offering most days. They lie when they say your loved one can "age in place". Don't believe them. Some of the staff are lovely, but many were outright RUDE and mean. They promise that they "take in an entire family" but that just isn't true. Constant staff turnover, even at the highest levels (as in, 3 directors in 4 months)
We, like several other families, pulled our loved one out after she became ill due to lack of care and over-sedation.