Hickory Care Home - Torrance, CA

NOT 24 awake staff, they prefer you wear a diaper. Nice house and location but director seems evasive to my questions. Staff appeared friendly but English not being their first language made it difficult to feel they understood my needs. No menu or activities other than tv as far as we could see.

Unfair facility

My Dad moved into Hickory in April after he fell and broke his hip and the staff is excellent but the admin and owner are horrible. I was never able to meet or speak with the owner and the manager didn't listen to a word I spoke, she is very very rude. I was offered for my Dad to move into a shared room, well once he was in there the other person in his room did nothing but complain about my Dad (who had dementia) and I was told that my Dad would either need to move to a private room or to another facility that this place owned which was about another 20 to 30 minutes away from me. I told them that the roommate was the problem and that why did my Dad have to move. They tired to say that my Dad would be better off in a private room. I went ahead a moved him and ended up having to pay more money. The guy in the shared room complained about everyone but was not asked to leave until he stopped paying rent. My Dad passed away in his private room in July and I didn't get one penny back. The owner and manager are very heartless. I would not recommend this place.