Promenade at Blue Hill - Pearl River, NY

This was a very nice facility. The touring supervisor was very accommodating to our time. We arrived early and she spent all the time we needed, with us. Though we liked this program and facility very much, it was a little high in price and the fact that the monthly rates are guaranteed to go up by 3-5% every year was a discouraging factor for us. That is why I gave it 4 stars. If money were not really an issue, I would have given it five stars.

Friendly

The tour we took at Promenade at Blue Hill was a good tour. It was a clean community and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. They answered all of the questions we had regarding the care that we could expect to receive. We chose another community that focused primarily on memory care.

Very Nice Tour, But Not the Right Fit for Us

I had a very nice tour of this community. It is a nice facility went a kind staff. The tour went well. The community looked clean, but it was a bit smaller than I would have liked for my mother. My tour guide was informative, and my questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but I did find another community that suited our needs better.

Very happy!

Mom loves the place and everything about it. She enjoys the food and the dining and she is getting involved with the activities that they offer. We are very happy with this community ourselves.

We are very happy to find a community like this that is clean and well taken care of. The activities are great for my dad. The community is clean and my father is very happy with the variety of meals that are offered. His room is nice for the size. We are happy with the care that he is receiving and recommend this community to others.

My father's at home

This is a outstanding community for my father. The staff is just great. My father is happy with the food. He is active in some of the activities. We are happy that this community is only one floor. This is a small community that feels like home. Alot of attentive is given here. i highly recommend the excellent care here and the great value to other families.

Lovely facility

Facility is pretty. Staff is lovely. It is small so it didn't work out for my mother.

My mother is happy there

I toured the promenade and decided it would be the best fit for my mother. Although resistant to move, she has found her life there much better. Staff is great and caring.

just moved in

My mother has only been there a week, so my opinion may change, but so far she is very happy there.

Overall a good experience

It was immaculately clean. The administration was very helpful and friendly, and I felt right at home. I did feel that one of my care workers was a little snippy. It was only one out of many. I did cancel, but it took quite a while and some misunderstandings. I had a little trouble with the meals, but I knew that going in. The quality was good, and they did work with me to accommodate my diet.

My Mother Loves It

There is nothing that Promenade at Blue Hill can improve on, they are doing a great job. My mother is not easily pleased and she loves it there. She was a little reluctant to move in at first, but she is glad that she did.

A comfortable and friendly home

This is a wonderful, friendly facility and the small size is very comfortable and homey. The staff is wonderful from the activities personnel to the nursing staff and the aides.

Highly recommended

They do an excellent job at Promenade at Blue Hill, I would highly recommend them. It's a small community and the residents here get a lot of one on one attention. The staff is friendly and professional, and they really get to know their clients as individuals and learn what works and what doesn't for each person. The facility itself is well kept and clean, the residents look content and well cared for, and even the food looks good. It really is a nice place.

Excellent experience at Promenade

I found the Promenade staff to be very kind and courteous as I transferred my mother out of a Sunrise community. Promenade was much more fair in pricing and honest up front then the previous community that I used for my mother.
I highly recommend Promenade as it has a much more "homelike" environment then other places that appear to be more like high end hotels.

Loved it. Small facility. L...

Loved it. Small facility. Lots of activities happening. The director know all the residents by name. But NO MEDICAID ROOMS so need to eliminate.

the promenade is a wonderfu...

the promenade is a wonderful facility. Unfortunately it's a little more than we can afford

We liked Promenade tremendo...

We liked Promenade tremendously. The facility was very nice and just what we're looking for. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Saundra was extremely helpful and gave an excellent tour.

Visiting Dad is now a pleasure!

When my mother died, it became obvious that my father needed a different environment. At 95, he's still got a lot of living and enjoying, to do! The warm, bright, homelike setting, and the family feeling among the residents and staff at The Promenade at Blue Hill convinced us that Dad would thrive there, and he is. It is the perfect environment for him. It's comparable in cost, or even somewhat less, than other assisted living places we checked out. We're very happy we moved Dad here and highly recommend it.

A wonderful extension of our family

Eileen, from a Place for Mom was the most informed, involved professional I have ever encountered in my family's search for help with Mom. Her expertise and caring led us to quickly narrow down our choice to 2 ideal [removed] Reflections @ Colt's Neck & Promenade @ Blue Hill. Amy, the Director at Reflections instantly made us feel that Colt's Neck was home. Unfortunately, it was too far for us. Promenade, rather than being second choice, was perfect for our entire family. Saundra, Rich, Meg, Jane, Bob and especially Anthony have become a part of our family. It is a loving environment where everyone is special.

Seniors live happily, in comfort and with dignity at our family owned and operated, state-of-the art dual-care community. For many, it’s like being home; for others, it’s even better.

Natural light, indoor and outdoor courtyards and walking paths, and specially planned activities and services – mixed with generous helpings of love and attention – make The Promenade a place where seniors thrive. Designed for maximum convenience and safety, The Promenade offers two unique programs of care under one roof: The Country Cottage for superior Memory Care and The Town House for supportive Assisted Living.