Homestead of Lenexa - Lenexa, KS

Great place!

My mother has been a resident at Homestead Assisted Living of Lenexa for 16 months, and I can't say enough good things about this facility. Warm and loving care is given to each resident every day by the highly qualified staff. My mother and all of our family are thankful that she resides comfortably in such a very special home.

Better options for care

We toured this community for care. We did not like the feeling of the rooms that were not what my father wanted. We did not like that we did not see a menu. They do offer activities for those who want to participate. We suggest that families tour the community for the care of a loved one

Very Homey

My mom had to leave for a brief stay in the hospital after being here only 2 weeks. So now she is resettling in and I think it is going to work out. The staff is very caring and friendly. It is a smaller community and they are able to quickly respond to her for any assistance she may need. I have had lunch with my mom on a few occasions and the food is very good. They will provide substitute choices if you don't like what is served. There are plenty of activities and the staff will come and knock on the doors of the
residents to try and encourage them to participate. My mom and I recently attended a lemonade party get-together they had organized. I feel very satisfied that mom is being well cared for here at Homestead of Lenexa.

Ruun away

Terrible place to take your loved ones. My grandmother lived there for 2 weeks before she passed suddenly [Removed] a med error.

Friendly and accommodating staff

Overall our experience with Homestead of Lenexa has been a good one! It's a nice looking facility, they keep everything looking clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly. From what I've seen they do a great job getting to know each of the residents, learning their likes and dislikes, so that they can make everyone feel comfortable and at home.

Good care, but the food could use a lot of work

My loved one was at this community for a time, and while generally things went well it ended up not working out as a permanent option. The rooms here were nice, they were more spacious than many we looked at in the same price range. I also felt like the the care staff, the nurse and CNAs, did an excellent job (although my loved one said they could have been more attentive). One issue we had is that the director wasn't very responsive when it came to feedback, there was a lack of acknowledgement of issues and follow-through.
However the deal-breaker for us was the food. It really just was not good at all. Food was something my loved one derived a lot of enjoyment from, and he felt like he had nothing to look forward to here. I tried it myself a few times, and it really was not acceptable.

Saw the difference between ...

Saw the difference between assisted living and independent living. Deb very helpful.It sits next to a cemetery.

Not Cheery or Bright

We didn't like the decor. We though it was, in general, not as cheery, bright, or open. The rooms were not as cheery. It seemed overall not to be quite as cleanly. Part of that was just because it wasn't as well lit. There was an overall feeling of it being darker.

Too far away, didn't feel real homey ...

Too far away, didn't feel real homey to me! Owner was nice, but herd herlife story and then felt insecure about what would happen to the place if she left again.

Place is perfect in location. Smaller...

Place is perfect in location. Smaller facility which means more on hands care. Patients do seem elderly and facility is a little older than the others. Run by excellent owner, who is very knowledgeable in what Mom would need and how to care for her. I would not have to be concerned about her care. If Homstead can take Mom, it would be a permn home, she would not need to be taken to a nursing facility due to her health. They would also accept her once the monies are gone and medicaid would step in. Dining area is really only for the patients. Hair salon on site which is good and nice outdoor places for use. Not a whole lot in regards to activity rooms but the one bedroom has more room than the others seen except for the suite one bedroom at sunrise. This facility is lower in cost and more in line to what mother could afford and not be worried to about being turned out.

As we turn the pages of our lives – growing up, working, experiencing loves and losses, raising our own children – we all experience times when we need a little extra help. At Homestead, we have created an environment which combines and celebrates these memorable aspects of life and creates new experiences for you... experiences set in a comfortable, home-like setting which provides security and a variety of life-enriching activities.
At Homestead, we strive to offer residents the care and personalized assistance they need. Care is offered around the clock, seven days a week, by our certified nursing staff. Beautiful, yet comfortable suites allow us to offer convenient assistance in your own personal environment, while respecting your need for privacy and independence. Homestead Assisted Living strives to give residents the tools and support needed to be as independent as possible, for as long as possible.
We also offer Short Stay Suites. It is ideal for those needing a temporary stay if their caregiver will be away or is unable to provide care for a period of time. Also, it is ideal to allow our guests to recover from an injury, illness or surgical procedure. Our guests are provided a fully furnished suite and an all-inclusive daily rate.
Services & Amenities include:
Three nutritionally balanced meals served daily in our dining room.
Health Care Services provided 24 hours a day.
Personalized assistance with dressing, bathing and medications.
Housekeeping and personal laundry.
24-Hour Emergency Communication system.
Studio and One Bedrooms available. All first floor suites, our community has no stairs or elevators.
Social, cultural, spiritual and recreational activities.
Kitchenette in each suite.
Scheduled transportation.
Beauty/Barber Salon.
Whirlpool Spa tub available to all residents.
Beautiful courtyard.
Short Stay Suites are available.