Sunrise of Erin Mills - Mississauga, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Very impressed with their operation.

Good experience

The staff at Sunrise is great. They are caring and attentive. Initially, there were a few problems with communication, but overall this has been a pretty good experience.

5 Stars

I would like to thank you for your help and just let you know that Sunrise of Erin Mills care and dedication to its people is probably the only reason my mom is still with us and doing really well in aspects of her 92 years of life.To bad you can only give a 5 but a 5 it is!

A new outlook

The care givers are tremendously caring and attentive. The rooms are beautiful and the establishment is decorated for comfort. It is such a relief to no longer worry about the elder living alone.

Keep looking!

Save your money! Our loved one’s (LO) time at this location was short and brief, all due to the lack of quality in care, communication and customer service that was experienced here. Within a few short weeks, it became quite clear that money is the top priority of this establishment; not the wellbeing of your LO. While we knew to expect some hiccups along the way, Sunrise did nothing to prove to us that our concerns/complaints were going to be resolved, much less taken serious at the time. Simple things from missing articles of clothing, supplies, etc., to more complex and alarming matters, such as changes to patients file without consent/authorization, not following through on physiotherapy commitments, to inadequate and inappropriate care of our LO. When we asked for a meeting and questioned why some of these things happened, no real answers could be given and we were constantly left with a “blank stare” look by the floor manager. All the while being told that we were the only family to have ever experienced these problems and complain to management. However, we witnessed and overhead several other families raising similar concerns regarding their LO to the floor lead and care manager. It is evident that no feedback given to management is taken seriously, nor is it used to better enhance their services. Instead, they sweep these matters under the rug and choose to ignore them, hoping the families will forget about them in due time, while continuing to collect your monies. The only nice thing my family can say about this place, is that there are/were a few genuine staff who clearly cared about their residents and enjoyed their jobs. When you pay for private care, you expect the best of the best – as this is what your LO and family deserves. Sadly, this is not what you get at Sunrise of Erin Mills.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about our residents. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Vivian Javier did a good job of explaining the services and facilities at Sunrise. It appears to be a very attractive establishment. The costs seemed to be a little on the high side, however, we have not made any final decisions on this matter and it could be some time before we do.

Vivien was a most knowledgable and lively presenter. She was compassionate and informative. Actually, what spoke loudest was Vivien's longevity with Sunrise and her obvious rapport with both suff and residents, all of whom she knew by name.

I would like to thank you all so very much for your reception, kindness, and patience that your staff extend to my mother Maria [removed] and to my family. All the professional support and the kindness of your reminiscence memory care staff and nursing personnel is very sincerely appreciated . I am very grateful and thank you all as such a thoughtful and thorough professional team extending your kindness in the thoughtful care you continuously extend to all your residents. I hope each day will find you all well and guided by the serenity you extend to us today and every day through the year. I will always be thankful for your kindness and assistance. I also pray that you are well and continue to enjoy all the success, throughout this wonderful season and happiness with which we are all blessed. I would like to extend this appreciation especially to Saara and the reminiscence memory care personnel for their exceptional kindness with their loving care.God Bless You

It was not a very active and social environment.

I toured here as I was looking for options. I didn't choose this location, because the residents seemed to be sitting around in wheelchairs, and not really socializing. It was not a very active and social environment.

Sunrise of Erin Mills, a Victorian Mansion style Residence located South of the 403 and North of Burnhamthorpe. We are situated backing onto a ravine allowing some of our suites to provide the tranquil views of trees and wildlife as well as an alternate view of a more active scenery, with a view of Erin Mills Parkway. We offer a home-like environment, without an institutional feeling. We can provide personalized and customized relationship-based care focusing on assisted living, age-in-place, respite and continuum of care to end of life. We are an industry leader and renowned for our memory care programs which encompasses care from early – mid dementia/Alzheimer’s care to more progressive care requirements on our 4th floor named Reminiscence, in a secure loving and nurturing environment. Our model of care in our Residence is unmatched in the retirement marketplace (RN, AL and Reminiscence Coordinators, Lead Managers and Designated Care Managers). Our philosophy of care focuses on a customized approach to all our residents in a compassionate and caring environment, which is felt throughout the Residence. Our home is happy, pet-friendly and feels like you’re still at home!

We are a good choice for families who don’t want to keep moving their loved ones from place-to-place as medical challenges change. We can also be an interim location while awaiting a long term care (nursing home) placement. We can also accommodate Wait-at-Home Program from the hospital.