Sunrise of Mississauga - Mississauga, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

We were most impressed with Sunrise of Mississauga [Name removed] did an excellent presentation and answered all our questions.

They require underground parking. Still very able bodied people.

I am familiar with this facility was lovely for my mother in law who needed more care.

Very Helpful

I had a room for my loved one at Sunrise. We had it furnished and ready to move into if necessary. Fortunately, I was able with help, to keep him home until he died so I have no experience with the actual care or the caregivers. The office staff that I dealt with could not have been more helpful and the atmosphere was very homelike and pleasant. I thought the communal facilities were very comfortable, even on the dementia floor, which had a dining room the size of the main dining room unlike so many other retirement homes.

Very nice facilities but prices for all services we require are beyond our limit

Thanks to A Place for Mom

We were blessed with finding Sunrise of Mississauga for our dad. He is happy and his overall health and strength have improved in the 2 weeks he has been here. We know he is being well cared for. The staff are friendly and attentive. The meals are healthy and tasty. He is starting to regain some weight. The medical care he needs is here. His suite is spacious and very comfortable. Thank heavens we called A Place for Mom. They recommended this retirement facility. We now have peace of mind knowing dad is well cared for.

Kawartha retirement home

nice building Food is horrible always cold and not appealing at all
The activities are not for many people and if you loose some-thing and it is found by staff they forget where they put it we have only been here for 2 weeks 2 weeks that have seen a night mare to me

Sunrise Senior Living

A great solution for both clients and their families.

The staff are truly caring and attentive. My Mother-in-Law's is very happy and relates to her care-givers extremely well.
She has a sense of independence that she couldn't have living with her family and is less anxious about day to day life. The residence is very home-like and the surroundings are beautiful. Best of all, her family can trust that she is well taken care of and we can enjoy her instead of worrying about her constantly.

My mother in law is very happy with her new home.

Thanks to Sunrise

Our mother was sick with cancer and my brother and I were finding it hard after close to two years of being her caregivers and looking after her. We both decided that we needed help and fast. Having negotiated through the services available to us, we quickly learned that there wasn't much available to us in a crisis situation so we turned to Sunrise. A local hospice in our area had actually suggested that Sunrise could offer our mother the intense level of care that she needed. We chose Sunrise over other facilities because a few that we looked at had policies that if our mother deteriorated further, she would have to move again to hospital and then into one of the many government-subsidized LTC facilities, which I was told, were the older and less desirable LTCs. Sunrise was one of the few assisted-living facilities that would keep our mother even if her health had deteriorated and she needed a more intense care program. As it turned out our mother died 6 weeks after entering Sunrise due to cancer, but we were still very happy with the care that we got there and grateful to Sunrise for being our only option in our time of need.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I did have a slight issue while looking into this place. They were full at the time of my initial tour, but they contacted me two separate times to notify me of a vacancy, and both times the vacancy was filled by the time I called them back!

Stunning Victorian Manor, 4-storey residence nestled in amongst mature treed surroundings in Mississauga (Burnhamthorpe & Dixie). We offer a home-like environment, without an institutional feeling. We can provide personalized and customized relationship-based care focusing on assisted living, age-in-place, respite and continuum of care to end of life. We are an industry leader and renowned for our memory care programs which encompasses care from early – mid dementia/Alzheimer’s care to more progressive care requirements on our 4th floor named Reminiscence, in a secure loving and nurturing environment. Our model of care in our Residence is unmatched in the retirement marketplace (RN, AL and Reminiscence Coordinators, Lead Managers and Designated Care Managers). Our philosophy of care focuses on a customized approach to all our residents in a compassionate and caring environment, which is felt throughout the Residence. Our home is happy, pet-friendly and feels like you’re still at home!

We are located close to shopping (Rockwood Mall), transit, community center, library, park (beside Residence), well established neighbourhood, & senior centers.

We are a good choice for families who don’t want to keep moving their loved ones from place-to-place as medical challenges change. We can also be an interim location while awaiting a long term care (nursing home) placement. We can also accommodate Wait-at-Home Program from the hospital.

Principles of Service: Encouraging independence, enabling choice, preserving Dignity, celebrating individuality, nurturing the spirit & involving friends and family.

We are referred by Professionals in the community who know we “do it best”!!