Southbrook Retirement Community - Brampton, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

I was very disappointed with tour. On many questions I have asked the answer was avoided (lack of knowledge?). I definitely did not like her talking negative about competition.

Favorite - concern is distance from family and friends

Southbrook, was a lovely on the first floor. The assisted living and memory care units looked like as though not as much thought was given to these areas. Staff seemed caring, friendly. But most residents seemed to be in their rooms. The memory care floor was in the basement, rooms big and well lit, but residents who were out did not look like they had much to do.
Place seemed clean.

We are waiting for a unit to be available

The staff was pleasant and the facilities were clean.

I've met warmer customs agents. [Name removed] was brusque, semi-condescending which was readily conveyed in the facilities cold, sterile nature. Definitely not the place for my mom.

The best retirement home!!!

The best retirement home!!!

The best Retirement Home. The care is superb. I cannot imagine better place for my mom!

I like the spacy and clean environment.[Removed] was very knowledgeable and helpful. I'll probably contact her again.

Wasn't impressed at all.

Rather disappointed with tour experience. More time was spent discussing the things that are wrong with the other communities I had seen rather than focusing in on what makes them unique and different. It was mentioned that one of the owners mother-in-law resides there.....
Rooms/suites are much smaller than depicted on website. When I called this out to the tour guide - her response was to not go by the website as it is deceiving and it needs to be changed.
Overall the residence was clean but dated and felt crammed (ie 10 lbs of potatoes in a 5 lb bag)- did not feel spacious.
Spoke to a couple of residents - both of their comments echoed a feeling of disappointment yet acceptance as they have no other options based on budgetary restraints. I also didn't see much engagement between the community residents. Many scattered through out the main lobby, yet sitting by themselves....
Was expecting to see at some point during the tour(tour took place early afternoon)some kind of group activity taking place somewhere in the community - to no avail.
Tried to get a straight answer from my guide regarding availability. I was told that they have nothing right now......that was it! No offer of guesstimated time line or waiting period.
Bottom line is my hopes for this community were extremely high based on my preliminary research on their website - only to be completely deflated following my on-site tour.

Review of Southbrook Retirement Community - Brampton, ON

Our visit started with [removed] keeping us waiting 30 minutes. At this home the Assisted Living and Memory care are in the same area. The central environment for this group is cold and unwelcoming. I certainly know I wouldn’t want to spend any time there. There doesn’t seem to be any engaging activities for those residents in that area - all of the effort for activities seem to be focused on the Independent living group of residents. Definitely would not meet the needs of my father

Review of Southbrook Retirement Community-Brampton, On

[removed] was very knowledgeable about Southbrook. I was happy to meet with her. The residents seemed to be happy and so did the staff. Very clean.

My mothers new home.

Staff is freindly, facility is clean.
Price is comperable or better than other homes I toured.
Grounds are well kept.
Monthly events calendar, with in house salon, laundry room, chapel, library etc.
The facility is a good size without over crowding.
The only complaint I hear from my mother and some others is the food is not so great, but served by pleasant staff and in a beautiful dining room.

Clean, decent facility, but rooms are way too small, as well as the residents appear to be less active

[removed] was a wealth of knowledge and when I arrived around in the afternoon they were having entertainment in the lobby and all the residents seemed happy. Two doctors and a lot of RN's. The suite that may be available is 423 sq feet and was way too small for two of them. The kitchen was dated and had a bar fridge which makes me nervous as Dad in his walker would have to bend down and that makes me nervous. Wonderfully friendly group of people running this Retirement home

At Southbrook, everything we do makes life easier and more enjoyable. We offer a variety of spacious accommodations, carefree dining, diverse social and recreational programs as well as independent living and assisted living care services.

We have the facilities and amenities that make you feel right at home. Here you will never be bored. Meet up with your friends in the Entertainment Area for fun and games or watch a movie in our newly renovated theatre. If you are looking for some quiet time, we have a library stocked full of great reading material or you can relax in our beautifully landscaped gardens

Southbrook employs only professionally trained people to provide the level of service you deserve. Help is always prompt, careful and friendly. With such attention at each turn, every day becomes a pleasurable new adventure.

At Southbrook, our residents enjoy a variety of delicious, nutritionally-balanced meals cooked daily in our kitchen. whenever possible we use locally grown produce from Ontario-based farmers. In fact, our produce is so fresh some of it can be found in our own garden where we grow a variety of herbs and vegetables. It’s not uncommon to see one of our chefs outside picking basil or rosemary for one of the meals of the day!

We are a well established reputable retirement home conveniently located in a residential neighborhood. Southbrook is affordable luxury retirement living, for the best years of your life.