Sunlight Care - Moorestown, NJ

Sunlight Care - Moorestown, NJ has yet not published prices.

Great Care--Uncomplicated Set-up

My mother was recently released from rehab for a major surgery but the rehab center strongly recommended that she have 24/7 care. We had never had to provide that level of care for her before so it was a rather daunting prospect. Upon some references, we decided to go with Sunlight Care. Best decision we ever made!! The process was simple and straightforward. It wasn't a long and complicated ordeal to set up and the staff immediately understood what we needed.

We are very happy with the care Mom is getting and would recommend to everyone who needs in-home care.

Vance Propati

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to help.

Unprofessional President of Sunlight Care

I'm a former, long-term client of this "family-operated" home agency, which showed its true colors in Jan '18,
after my terrific aide called in sick.

To my shock, my last-minute replacement, who could barely walk & immediately stated her litany of health
issues to me, including her inability to lift heavy items -- one of the key reasons why I need an aide in the first place
(and something I'd told the agency nurse the first time we met.)

The only reason I didn't send my replacement back was because I'd scheduled a vet appointment for my cat that
day, plus I needed to do some shopping. Needless to say, she was not much of a help.

Afterwards, I immediately called the agency to express my disappointment and asked for a credit towards my next
appointment.

My home nurse also offered to call the President of the agency and discuss this unfortunate occurrence. There
was no question in her mind that he WOULD accommodate my request, because he is known as a "generous & kind man." Shortly afterwards, she contacted me and said he was only willing to deduct a measly $5 for the inconvenience!

I left a message for him and he returned my call and said I needed to convince him of my side of the story.
I voiced my unhappiness regarding his $5 discount & how his agency had made the mistake of sending over someone who was not properly briefed.

He talked over me and didn't listen to a word I said. At least six times, he accused me of forcing my aide to carry 2 cases of water, separately, with her limited physical condition and take my cat to the vets in her carrying case. The maintenance person carried one case & I had a grocery cart.

His other fixation was how I held her for four hours against her will! He rudely announced he wasn't going to credit my account even half of the amount -- due to my abuse. I emphatically stated how the client is always right; how wrong it was losing a good client; and how unprofessional he was in challenging me. I also told him he should take responsibility; apologize for the mishap; and graciously accommodate my request. His response was, "So what you want me to do is call the aide and demand she give back her commission due to this situation?"

I'm thinking -- What are you even talking about? She's not the one who should be giving back a refund!
Then ... CLICK! He hung up on me.

** Here's a direct quote from his bio: "A zero failure approach means that every aspect of an organization's operation has been evaluated for process weaknesses. Further, contingency plans have been created to handle both expected and unexpected problems without failing our customers."

I do NOT recommend this agency to anyone. My rating:
NO stars! (This page didn't allow for no stars).

Vance Propati

As this client said she was a longtime client. She was obviously happy with Sunlight Care and her “terrific Aide” until this incident. Fortunately, we record calls for quality assurance. She has gone on a bad review rampage because she was not given a credit for half of her bill. She was happy enough with her replacement aide to keep her for 4.5 hours which was longer than the original scheduled visit. She took the aide shopping with her and purchased a case of 40 20 oz. bottles of water at BJs. So the case of water weighted 40.7 lbs. On the recording the client herself stated she was mad at BJ for not having smaller bottles because the case of 20 oz. bottles is too heavy. Yet the aide solved the problem by splitting the case up and carried all the bottles up the stairs to the client’s home. Since the client kept the aide beyond the actual schedule visit time it was clear the aide was meeting the client’s needs. Had the client sent the aide home upon arrival or after a n hour or so the client would have received a full credit or even if the client was courteous she probably would have received the credit she wanted. We are always polite. I wish her luck in the future.

Review for Sunlight Care

The company is really good and always tries to accommodate the client. Our aide is super nice and obeys the rules of the company! Always on time, always does a good job! Thank you!

Vance Propati

Thank you for the kind words James.

Responsible care

I have been with Sunlight Care consistently for over 3-years. They are very responsive to my questions and concerns and are even willing to meet with me in person when requested. Sunlight will work towards making sure you are satisfied with your caretakers. Currently, Sunlight is providing over 70 hours of care a week for both my parents. Thank you Sunlight!

Vance Propati

thank you for taking the time to post this Kirby.

Efficient and Caring

We used Sunlight to provide Live-In 24 hr care during multiple weeks long vacations. (average 3 weeks duration).

Their procedures and processes for selecting caregivers and their training programs for those caregivers gave me confidence that Dad would be well taken care of.

They equipped Dads caregiver with all she required. They provided nurse (RN) level check-ups and contact periodically too.

We came to consider Dad's caregiver as family.

Vance Propati

Thank you for your review. Very Kind!

Review of Sunlight Care LLC

Sunlight was wonderful to deal with in referring clients who needed more care than their Medicare benefit allowed. They were professional and works well with our staff to prouse a cohesive care plan for our families. I wouldn't hesitate to use recommend Sunlight.

Vance Propati

Thank you for taking time to provide this review Mary.

Review of Sunlight Care LLC

My live-in caregiver from Sunlight Care, [name removed], is a wonderful person. She is very kind and encourages me to do better. She helps me to be more self-sufficient and always gives me hope. She cooks, goes shopping, does my laundry, helps with everything and prays for me.

Review of Sunlight Care LLC

My father gets good treatment from this company, the aide and nurse. We are happy to have these assistance. We are happy to have their assistance.

Vance Propati

Thank your for your review.

Review of Sunlight Care LLC

My mother suffered from Pulmonary Fibrosis and as her condition worsened I needed in home care for her (first part-time then live-in). I tried a number of agencies that did not work out but Holy Redeem recommended sunlight to us. What a blessing as they provided the care my Mom needed and were able to expand the services as the need changed. I would recommend sunlight to anyone who needs care for a family member.

Vance Propati

Thank your for your kind words Jeff.

Review of Sunlight Care LLC

We have worked with Sunlight Care for years. They are professional, responsive, and have caring and capable caregivers. I referred a patient that was quickly declining and had frequent falls. The caregiver [name removed], from Sunlight was able to start servicing our patient and keep her from needing long term care in a nursing home. She also greatly improved her quality of life and became a friend as well.

Vance Propati

Thank you for the kinds words.

I Do Not Recommend This Agency!

I am responding to the [date removed] posting from the CEO of Sunlight Care.

It’s pathetic when a CEO becomes so defensive about a ‘negative’ review — he feels compelled to lie!

The recorded message he referred to was left on my home nurse's voicemail. I was very emotional & reiterated on what transpired during my awful conversation with the CEO.

During her visit with me on [date removed], she noted nothing had ever been ‘written’ down from [date removed], when I initially joined this agency re my specific needs/requests. Those being: Unable to carry any heavy items while going on all errands.

The miscommunication between the front desk & my file began immediately w/o my knowledge: The front desk ‘verbally’ knew my needs & accommodated them w/o incident until my [date removed] disaster with the unqualified aide. Otherwise, I still wouldn’t be aware of the faux pas.

It’s not necessary to defend my honest & personal review.

However, I will point out the CEO did hang up on me and NEVER called back asking if I was terminating my services. Pure [language removed] & he knows it!

Again, I would NOT recommend this agency and my rating is:
NO Stars.

Do Not Recommend this Agency!

I’m a former, long-term client of this “family-operated” home agency, which showed its true colors on January 18,
after my terrific aide called in sick.

To my shock, my last-minute replacement, [name removed] who could barely walk & immediately stated her litany of health
issues to me, including her inability to lift heavy
items -- one of the key reasons why I need an aide in the first place (and something I'd told the agency nurse
the first time we met.)

The only reason I didn’t send my replacement back was because I’d scheduled a vet appointment for my cat that
day, plus I needed to do some shopping. Needless to say, [name removed] was not much of a help.

appointment.

My home nurse also offered to call [name removed], CEO of the agency and discuss this unfortunate occurrence. There
was no question in her mind that he would accommodate my request, because he is known as a “generous & kind man.” Shortly afterwards, she contacted me and said
[name removed] was willing to deduct a measly $5 for the inconvenience!

I left a message for [name removed] and he returned my call and said I needed to convince him of my side of the story.

He talked over me and didn’t listen to a word I said. At least six times, he accused me of forcing my aide to carry a
case of water bottles with her limited physical condition and take my cat to the vets in her carrying case. I helped
HER with both chores.

His other fixation was how I held her for four hours against her will! He rudely announced he wasn’t going to credit my account even half the amount -- due to my
and graciously accommodate my request. His response was, “So what you want me to do is call [name removed] and
demand she give back her commission due to this situation?”

I’m thinking — "What are you even talking about?" [name removed] not the one who should be giving back a refund!
Then … CLICK! He hung up on me.

** Here’s a direct quote from his bio: “A zero failure approach means that every aspect of an organization’s operation has been evaluated for process weaknesses.
failing our customers.”

I do NOT recommend this agency to anyone. My rating:
NO stars!

Vance Propati

As this client said she was a longtime client. She was obviously happy with Sunlight Care and her “terrific Aide” until this incident. Fortunately we record calls for quality assurance otherwise we would be at the mercy of her stories. She has gone on a bad review rampage because she was not given a credit for half of her bill. She was happy enough with her replacement aide to keep her for 4.5 hours which was longer than the original scheduled visit. She took the aide shopping with her and purchased a case of 24 24 oz. bottles of water. So the case of water weighted about 40 lbs. On the recording the client herself stated she was mad at BJ for not having smaller bottles because the case of 24 oz. bottles is too heavy. Yet the aide solved the problem by splitting the case up and carried all the bottles up the stairs to the client’s home. Since the client kept the aide beyond the actual schedule visit time it was clear the aide was meeting the client’s needs. Had the client sent the aide home the client would have received a full credit or even if the client handled the situation differently she probably would have received the credit she wanted. I offered her a credit even though I felt she was being unreasonable but she insisted I give her what she wanted or else. We are always polite and I certainly did not hang up on her. I assumed she hung up on me since the call terminated abruptly. In fact I called her back asking if she was terminating services.

At your own tisk

If I could give them no stars, I would. They were never able to provide consistent caregivers. It was always a different person, even though we were willing to pay for consistent hours weekly. The number of times there would be cancellations at the last minute was unacceptable.

The nail in the coffin for us was being over an hour away from home and having them call us to let us know that not only had our second shift caregiver called out, but the first shift had left my mother, a 91-year old, bedridden double amputee, alone at
the end of their shift and that it was our responsibility to find someone to get there and to take care of her. Apparently there was nothing they could do for us. The whole time I’m having this conversation with this person I can hear the sounds of some sort of party going on in the background. We rushed back as quickly as we could, but she was alone, luckily completely oblivious that the caregiver had left (because they didn’t even say goodbye to her).

We now have a service that is consistent, dependable and would never dream of leaving my mom alone for any reason. They would send someone from the office before they would let that happen. Sunlight is incompetent. You trust your loved one to this service at your own risk.

Vance Propati

When a client only wants a caregiver on a Saturday or a Sunday each week it is extremely difficult to have the same caregiver go. Caregivers want and need consistent shifts so they can feed their families and pay their bills. That was the case with this client. The infrequency of service requests made it difficult to staff with the case with the same caregivers. It is better for the client and the company to have the same caregiver go each week. This case was further complicated by the fact that the caregivers we not happy there. Every client is different and every employee is different. Just like clients can request not to have a caregiver again the employee can request not to have a client again. For some reason many of my caregivers requested not to go back. Maybe I should have asked the client to find another company. But I am not a quitter. We tried hard to make it work. Then came the “nail in the coffin”. This was a bad situation for all. One of our caregivers had a personal emergency and had to leave at the end of his shift. Despite our best efforts to have him stay he insisted on leaving. We notified the family immediately of course. I don’t blame them for leaving us and I really hope they found what they need.

Very accommodating service!

We're very pleased with the service from Sunlight Care overall! They've always been very accommodating, and go above and beyond to make sure they're able to meet the needs of our situation!

Not satisfied

I hired them to provide a caregiver for my loved one, who has alzheimer's disease, and they kept sending a new person to look after her every week for 4 weeks. Consistency is important for alzheimer's patients and it was stressing my loved one out very much having someone new every week, so we stopped using this service and found another.

Vance Propati

It can be very difficult to provide consistent care for short shifts. Most companies will not do short shifts at all because of this reason. But Sunlight Care is willing to help people with short shifts despite the risk it brings to our reputation in these situations because many clients cannot afford longer shifts.

Completely satisfied!

We've never had to use a service like this before, so I don't have much to compare it to, but we were very pleased with this one and haven't felt the need to look into others. We've never had any issues with scheduling or promptness. We started with a 24 hour helper, but switched to a few hours in the morning in evening. Both nurses we've worked with are amazing, and willing to be flexible if we needed a little extra time in when they arrived or left.

Thank you for your kind words.

Sunlight Care is a family operated private company owned by long-time South Jersey resident Vance Propati. Sunlight Care is different from most other Home Health Care companies who are bound into franchise contracts with national organizations. Unencumbered by national franchise rules, fees or royalties, Sunlight Care has complete freedom and financial ability to address your needs providing completely custom and affordable solutions for your family.