Brookdale Summer Ridge - Rockwall, TX

Don't be fooled, not a great place for us!

Don't let the beautiful environment and smiling faces fool you. We had issues from the start from medications, cleaning, and losing laundry items. No help from the Director when addressing our concerns. Upon leaving this facility, we were given someone else's medications and with several attempts trying to contact the Director by phone and text regarding this, we finally received a short note back days later. I'm an honest person and returned all medications that were not ours immediately. This facility would have never known it was missing since I did not have to sign for anything when it was picked up.

NEVER TAKE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE

When we first moved in it was very nice and everyone was very attentive to our needs. Once the director was replaced and a new one assigned the care was not good. There were times you couldn't even walk in my loved ones room because of all the clothes, food, bed linens and more all over the floor. This was terrible. My loved ones room and bathroom was filthy and I personally had to clean it. My loved one was told to sign up with all in house care because that would make everything easier and we would get test that were need immediately. My loved one went for over a month after we requested a UTI test and was basically ignored. Our loved one was forced out without noticed and is still in the hospital with problems that resulted from being hit by another resident on a motorized scooter, Brookdale never called for ambulance when the incident happened and just said our loved one was fine. Our loved one has never recovered from this incident.

We toured this community

We toured this community and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It seemed to be clean. This would be more convenient and we liked it but they didn't offer what we needed. They didn't have anybody to administer medicine and my brother needed that. The rooms were on the smaller side too.

Good Tour Overall

My son. and his wife had a nice tour of this facility. They toured it for myself, and my needs. From what they told me the tour went well. However they wanted a closer location for me. Unfortunately this was not the community for me.

Great Value for care

We like the care for my father at this community. The staff are nice and caring. My father is happy with menu and the variety to choose from. They offer my father activities for participation that he does enjoy. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one with a great value for care.

Good Experience

There were many factors that played into where to place my love one for her needs. This is a nice community, and my tour of it went well. Everyone was friendly, my questions were answered. The experience was a good one overall.

Good so far but improve the menu options.

My mother moved here, they could use more variety on their menu. One thing they do very well is the staff is very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend them.

A great place for mom!

I found the staff at Brookdale Summer Ridge in Rockwall TX to be terrific, extremely helpful, comforting, understanding, and accommodating in every way. They are organized and on top of issues. The facility is open, nice and light, very clean and tidy, smells good, has a variety of programs to offer the residents, and an appealing daily menu. I look forward to a good relationship with them as they help us care for our mom. Thanks and appreciation to all members of the staff.

Best of the best!

My parents just love this community and the staff. We were a little worried about it, but they have done a great job with helping them transition. They have started to get involved with a few activities. I would rank them the best of the best.

Excellent service !!

The tour was excellent with lots of great information and important details of the community. The staff where very welcoming and all of the residents seemed to be enjoying them self's. My loved one just needed more care then what they had to offer us.

Very Nice...

A very nice community and quite large. Great followup but we just didn't feel it was the right place for my mother-in-law.

It Has Been Good

This has been a likable community for my mother-in-law. She likes it there so far and she is doing fine with care from the community.

Good Community My Tour Went Well

I did enjoy my tour of this community. From what I saw everything looked nice and well maintained. The staff was kind and courteous. The location of the community was my main issue. The community is located on a main street, and that worried me. My father likes to walk around and I didn't feel he would be safe with the main road right there. It is a nice community with kind people.

Brookdale Summer Ridge is great

We recently moved my mother in Brookdale Summer Ridge and she is very happy. The staff are all very nice and helpful. The facility although it is not new, it is clean and kept very nice. The menus for dinning offer multiple choices where other assisted living facilities I have visited did not. I would recommend Brookdale Summer Ridge highly.

Review of Brookdale Summer Ridge - Rockwall, TX

2nd favorite place. Clean and nice. Studio is too small. Like one bd rm with open walls. Debbie very helpful.

They were amazing

At Brookdale Summer Ridge we really did like the people there. Stephanie was always really good. They were overly compassionate. The staff hated to see him go because he was such a nice man but he kept escaping. I have nothing bad to say about this facility. They were amazing. They took care of him the best they could but he needed a closer watch.

Dad recently moved in and so far so good. It' s not an easy decision but think this is the best place for Dad. No complaints so far and everyone has been very helpful and caring. Food choices are plentiful

It was clean and the people were friendly.

It was clean and the people were friendly. Their help is really good, we had a hard time leaving some of them. It just wasn't really for us. The food was okay. It looked like the activities were pretty good, but we didn't really get to do any. They were one of the more expensive places, but it was nice.

Very nice place. Cooking in rooms. 2 meals a day provided. Great staff. Most activities provided so far. Big apt. Farthest from Susie. Like this place. Lots of trees.

Nice looking place

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for my loved one. I really liked what I saw here. The staff were all very friendly and caring, and the director was a very very nice and outgoing person. It had a nice homey feel, and the residents all seemed happy. Unfortunately my loved ones care needs would not have been appropriate for this community.

Working out Real Well

Within 3 weeks my mom is up walking. She only uses the wheelchair very intermittently. The rest of the time she up walking with a walker or with assistance. It's working out real well. I've got a sitter with her and the price of a sitter is half the price that a sitter was at the last place she was at.

Come live the Summer Ridge life! Our community is one story offering eight different floor plans to suit your taste and budget. Your pet can live with you regardless of weight, or come by and visit any time.

We can assist with medications, bathing, dressing and more. Staff is available 24 hours a day. We have two nurses to answer your questions and do monthly wellness checks.

Our full service dining experience includes all three meals waitressed to the table with a choice of two or three entrees plus a soup, sandwich, pizza and salad menu. Between May and October we cook out on the grill! We also offer buffets throughout the year. We are not on a menu cycle; the menu changes weekly and recipes are used from regional cookbooks, Southern cooking magazines, websites and requests from our residents. We eat well!

Recreational opportunities are offered seven days a week including outings, musical events, crafts, book club, cooking classes, exercise, Bible studies, current events, intergenerational and community volunteer projects and more!

From our resident Weldon: "Summer Ridge is a very nice place and I would tell anyone to come here. I'm taken care of just great. You couldn't ask for a better response from the staff. Just call them and they come running! I've lived here for seven years and I'm staying!"

From our resident Helen: "I really love Summer Ridge and have lived here almost seven years. One of the nicest things about it is the wonderful staff. I definitley get great assistance and I enjoy everyone. I especially love the musical events and our chocolate cream pie---the best!"

Summer Ridge has been providing exceptional care for over 10 years. The longevity of our staff plays a key role in the quality of service that we provide.

Experience counts! Summer Ridge...it's not a building...it's a community with history!