Summer Hill - Oak Harbor, WA

Lots of variety of the meals!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community. The staff are friendly and I am comfortable with the care they are providing her. They have a great dinning room experience with lots of variety on the menu for all of the residents. I am most impressed with the quality of staff they have from the director all the way down to the housekeeping team. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

TGG Communications

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your loved one’s experience at Summer Hill! It is our mission to provide a welcoming environment and the best service for our residents and guests. We are truly humbled by your comments—if there’s anything that I can do for you or your loved one, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Sincerely, Leslie Burns, Executive Director.

Summer Hill had everything we were looking for and the staff have been wonderful. They were very accommodating when we didn't know exactly when my mom would be ready to move in and allowed us to move her items in a few months early. They have been communicating with us along the way and offering advice, too. I highly recommend this place for others.

TGG Communications

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your mother's experience at Summer Hill! On a daily basis, we strive to provide one-of-a-kind service and care. We care deeply about all of our residents and their well-being, and are glad to be her senior living community of choice. Sincerely, Leslie Burns, Executive Director.

Summer Hill, a Place to Call Home

Summer Hill is a very caring and friendly place for your love one to live. I was especially pleased with how they were willing to jump right in to make the moving in experience as easy as possible and would do anything they could to help us out.

The people who work at Summer Hill and the residents who live there are like one big family. They truly care for one another and look out for each other.

There are many activities to participate in. Arts, crafts, movie nights, bingo, billiards, bible studies, current events, exercise classes, trips, bookmobile, etc. There is something for everyone.

The apartments are a nice size and are kept clean and fresh smelling. There are handles in the tubs, and seats in the walk in showers. All bathrooms have emergency pulls in them.

The dining experience is like going to a restaurant with daily specials. Salad bar with many veggies and fruits to choose from.

The nursing staff is fabulous. Keeping a close eye on your loved one to make sure their health needs are taken care of.

Office staff is there to help you any way they can. From taking you on a tour of Summer Hill, to helping with the paperwork, to the moving in process, to making your stay comfortable.

I am very happy and confident that my parents are well taken care of at Summer Hill.

Hello Janice,
What an honor it is to know that your family has found Summer Hill to provide the highest quality of care and services in each of these areas. This feedback is so important to us, and we hope it also helps others searching for a senior living community to call home!
Best, Heidi Kuzina, Marketing Director

Feels Like Home Not a Hotel

Summer Hill is a comfortable community with friendly competent caregivers. The building is well maintained, but not ostentatious. It's clean. The caregivers are attentive and not condescending. The admittance review process was through with care given to individual needs. They were respectful and above all for our needs, flexible.

When we moved in the maintenance man helped when we needed him. We were offered some furniture to fill in where Mom didn't have something appropriate, like a small table and a reclining rocker.

Mom has yet to participate in many activities, but she knows that they are available when she is ready. She always reads the daily schedule in the elevator and can tell me what is going on when I call.

The food is good, healthy and there are choices available whenever anyone wants to have something to eat. If Mom misses breakfast, she can still get pancakes.

All in all there is a very comfortable, welcome feeling about Summer Hill. I'm so glad my mom chose to move there. I know she is well cared for and safe all tucked into her own apartment.

Hello Jacqueline,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about Summer Hill. We are so pleased to hear that your family and your mother enjoy our community! Please know that our door is always open if you need to get in touch. We're here for you!
Take Care!
Heidi Kuzina, Community Outreach

A Wonderful Place And Mom Is Happy

They were very, very open to making sure my mom was comfortable. They allowed her pet to move in and even let her keep the furniture they let her borrow. She has help always from the maintenance man with anything broken or with a table she has in her room. Her health has improved with medications being monitored and eating regularly. The food is made with some processed food and canned items, there are limit options for sodium diet residents. The community is good about keeping the place clean.

TGG Communications

Hello, Thank you very much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you and your family are happy with the care and services Summer Hill provides. Please let me know if you ever have any questions; my door is always open! Sincerely, Leslie Burns, Executive Director

Smooth Transition

Everything was very quite smooth, it was kind of a quick deal when we found the situation my loved one was in. just getting in there was a very pleasant experience for us. Everyone did what they needed to do.

The visit was an absolute delight, as well as being very informative. Heidi Kuzini gave us a tour of the entire facility and introduced us to many staff members. All questions were answered, even some we hadn't thought of. We were very impressed with the facility and it's amenities and need go no further in our search. This is the place for us, when the time comes.

good so far

my sister and a friend just moved into a two bedroom apartment so I do not know what the coming months will bring---however we had the warmest welcome possible by the staff---I particularly was impressed with the friendliness of the the other residents as I believe such an atmosphere comes from the top down----and indeed the director who is a nurse is a lovely person who obviously enjoys her residents----in addition I had several meals I the dining room and the food was excellent---my sister after 4days told me she was happy there---her friend was having some adjustment jitters as she is not as close to her family---normali feel

Summer Hill is a beautiful assisted living facility with 24 hour staff who encourage and promote your independence. Located on Whidbey Island in the heart of Oak Harbor, we are within walking distance of churches, pharmacies and shopping plazas. Summer Hill offers an extensive activity calendar and provides transportation to community events. Summer Hill staff always welcome those who wish to drop in for a tour.