Avamere at Port Townsend - Port Townsend, WA

Avamere at Port Townsend - Port Townsend, WA has yet not published prices.

Could use more staff!!

My mother is currently a resident at this community and things have not been the best for her so far. I have seen that they have a lack of staff available throughout the day and need to have more on the schedule in my opinion. There is not enough team members to take care of the all of the residents in a timely manor. There was also a short period of time where they did not have an activity directer so there was nothing going on for them throughout the day. One of my mothers biggest complaints is the meal times. She has waited over an hour to receive her food at times. I am hoping they can make some improvement in the near future.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you for choosing our Seaport Landing community. I want you to know as a company we make sure to have Team Bonaventure and dining scheduled accordingly. We hope you and your mom are seeing improvements! Feel free to send me more details or any thoughts or questions anytime and we can continue to improve: Gashby (at) livebsl.com.

The Other Possible Choice

The Seaport Landing our went great. Between another community, we were expecting my mother-in-law to pick this one. It is a much larger community and the people were great. We got to see everything for my mother-in-law to see.

I've only been here one week. So far I've found friendly people, both staff and residents. Food is good, plenty of choices and variety. Very clean and odorless hallways and public rooms. Activities are somewhat spotty as schedules are made up well in advance and when the time comes may need adjustment.

beware

Extreme staff turnover- important positions (nurse, care coordinator, activity director, cook) often vacant. Understaffed. Food fair to poor. Elevator often out of service, stranding non-ambulatory residents. Dishwasher in kitchen non-functional for weeks. Activities may be listed daily, but most do not happen.

Lovely Residents!!

The residents all seemed very joyful and happy during our tour, they where involved in different activities throughout the community and seemed to feel right at home. The bedrooms as well as the bathrooms where spacious and very well maintained.

My tour!

This community is nice, however it is isolated. It is surrounded by trees and overlooks the town. This is a new community and the staff were nice. They are near a hospital. I looked at a nice two bedroom apartment with a large porch.

Excellent Care

I think that overall, everything is great. They are taking excellent care of my loved one. I am very impressed. Everyone seems to enjoy their job and the residents seem to like it there and i have no complaints about the place.

It's going pretty good so far.

It's going pretty good so far. It's very clean. Everyone is pretty friendly. They do bingo and cards, and trips. They have been pretty responsive if anything has come up. They seem to be a little less than the national average in price. There haven't been any complaints about the food, it seems to be pretty good. Other than lowering the price, there really isn't anything I would like to see improved or done better.

Avamere at Port Townsend is located in Port Townsend, WA , near shopping and public transportation. Our community includes a three story building in a quiet setting with outdoor decks and patios, and a large spacious dining room.