The Glenn Hopkins

This is a good facility. My mother has lived at the Glenn first in independent living, then in assisted living, and now in the memory care unit. The rooms are fine. Lots of choices and they are well maintained, comfortable, and appropriate for the level of care needed. Services vary depending on your loved one's needs. Staff are considerable, professional, and they have gone out of their way to make the facility feel like home to my mother. Naturally a few glitches arise here and there but nursing staff are always willing to listen and quick to remedy. Resident activities also vary based on a person's need.

Our family is grateful to The Glenn Hopkins for the wonderful care, love and support shown to our Dad and family. When our Dad made the decision to move to a Senior Living location, we visited multiple homes but kept returning to The Glenn Hopkins. [Name removed] and the Marketing Team were very patient, allowing us to visit multiple times as they understood this was a major decision. Dad spent 5 months in The Towers and 10 months in Assisted Living. [Name removed] , [Name removed] , and [Name removed] were fantastic accommodating many schedule changes. Dad formed many friendships with residents and staff members. The nurses and aides are very special people who show love and patience every day. Dad did not want to spend his final days in a hospital. Instead, he spent them in his home being cared for by the people who he knew and who cared about him. Our family is OVERWHELMED by the love and support that was shown to our Dad and us during his final days and the days that followed as we planned his service and moved out. It was a steady stream of staff and neighbors who came to show their love for him and say goodbye. It was very touching that staff members took their personal time to come to the funeral service and we are so thankful to [Name removed] who officiated his service. The Glenn was an extension of our family. Dad frequently would say “God brought me to The Glenn”. We are thankful to everyone who touched his and our family’s lives. We highly recommend The Glenn Hopkins.

[Name removed]

This facility is huge

I toured here and it was okay. It’s a huge facility. I think if I lived here, even I would get lost because it’s so big. But the facility itself seemed to be well cared for and maintained. Probably because it’s larger, there were more options and services available. They had a very large staff as well. I think overall it was a lot bigger than what my parents would’ve been comfortable with. They had a few different amenities and activities to offer like a big chapel, crafts, games, and there was a salon onsite

We toured this community it was an excellent tour. They answered all of my questions It was an attractive community. I saw they had a list of daily activities and a menu for the food. But it seemed like a ghost town to me I saw hardly any staff and no residents. I wasn’t really impressed. I just felt it wasn’t a good fit for my brother.

A warm feeling to the community

My loved ones love their apartment here. The staff have been really great. I do feel they could do more with the activities they offer. The community is clean and the grounds are beautiful. This community is in a good location. They offer ten meals a week and the food is ok. They do seem to charge a little too much for what they offer. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Good at Handling Concerns, Great Community

My father in law is doing well with his move to this community, and he likes it. We are satisfied with his move to this facility. This is a good community, and they are taking very good care of him, and his needs. The staff are very good at taking care of any concerns. They have been very polite, and friendly as well. He is pleased with the meals, the food is good. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. All is well so far for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Getting Adjusted, but a Overall A Nice Community

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. She is still adjusting, but I do feel comfortable with her move to this community. This is a good, safe community, so far everything is working out well. The staff is good, they have been respectful, and polite. There are activities offered. All is well for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Everything is Going Well

I'am doing pretty well with my move to this community. Everything is working out pretty well, and I'am pleased with all they have done me. The staff is good, they have been very kind, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. I'am comfortable with her move to the community, and I would recommend it.

We are very pleased!

My aunt and uncle are doing great at The Glen Hopkins. We are very pleased and the staff is tremendous. They are willing to stop what they are doing to talk to the residents. We have nothing bad to say, it truly has been a great experience for them so far.

Review

I think The Glen is a nice place overall, but unfortunately they did not have any availability for the sort of care my loved one needed.

Large Variety of Activities!!

Things are going well for my parents, but it's difficult to transition for them since they lived in their house for 40 years. But the staff is very helpful and accommodating. The community offers so many activities so they are always busy. We have no complaints so far, The common areas are clean and well kept. The food is great, overall its a really good place to live.

Very nice but Dick felt it was a little too upscale for his needs and background, and he might not fit in.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for touring The Glenn Hopkins and sharing your thoughts. We take pride in maintaining our community building, apartment homes and grounds. Our goal is always to offer a welcoming spirit to all who live here and visit our community. We offer Dick the opportunity to visit again and enjoy a meal with another community member or take part in a community life program to experience our resident hospitality first hand.

Best fit for Mom!

After touring The Glenn Hopkins, I knew this would be a great fit for my mom. The friendly, caring staff shared their compassion for the residents and their mission. Apartments are spacious and well appointed. Common areas are welcoming, large, clean, and nicely decorated (dining room, library w/WiFi, fitness room, party room, theater room, outdoor patio, laundry rooms on each floor). Many opportunities are offered to participate in activities throughout the day (plus scheduled transportation to malls, grocery stores, etc). It is located in more of a residential area with beautiful property and walking paths, yet is within 10 mins to several different shopping areas, restaurants, and hospitals/clinics. The monthly fee (including meals) is much more affordable than other places we toured. My mom is very happy with this choice!

Scott Saffert

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about The Glenn Hopkins. We strive to create a welcoming and compassionate community for all our residents and visitors. We appreciate you noticing our efforts. The Community Life Team works to offer a wide variety of programs to meet community members interests, we appreciate you noticing the calendar of events. We're glad your mom is so pleased with her home.

Great Care For The Right Type Of Person

Our time at The Glen Hopkins was an good time other then the fact that my husband was asked to leave do the fact he was being a little to active. I would it is a excellent community for the right individual with the right type of care that this community approves of. Looks very nice never had any concerns about the cleanliness of the place. There was a large staff here and I would say some most of them of great. The care here is great for the right person. I really enjoyed A Place For Mom and all the help their organization did for us. Patrica [removed] is an amazing women and I couldn't had done this with her help. I would say to anyone thinking about moving here find out ahead of time if your loved one and their level care is accepted here. Very grateful for A Place For Mom

Scott Saffert

Thank you for your feedback, our goal is always to provide the best service and support to meet the needs of our community members and support the families along the care journey of aging. We're glad you found the staff helpful and the apartment home and community areas clean and welcoming.

We found A place for Mom @ St. therese

My mother moved into St. Therese independent living on October 15, 2015, approx. 1-1/2 months ago. To date, it has been a very good fit for her and our extended family. My mom has been made to feel very welcome. She is enjoying the people, the activities and the food at St. Therese. She is in a one bedroom with full kitchen that suits her just fine. Overall we are very grateful to have found this place for Mom. The grounds are beautiful and common areas inviting. We also find comfort in knowing if her needs progress we can utilize the assisted living right there as well.

Cindy -
We're glad your mom is enjoying her new home! We're happy that St. Therese Southwest is a good fit for your mom and family to be nearby. Thanks for noticing the grounds and common areas as well as dining experience. Our staff aims to deliver quality services, comfortable apartment homes & pleasant indoor/outdoor environments for our community members to call home.

As you can tell, I think they do everything consistently very well. It was by far the best value from the places we looked at. So far my mother has had a good experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone else.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for noticing our efforts to deliver quality services in a friendly welcoming environment that provides value to our residents and families. We strive to make everyone feel at home as they transition to St. Therese Southwest and begin a new chapter. We appreciate your time letting us know how we're doing!

Overall I'm very happy and I think my mother is very happy with everything. The only thing I can see that I have noticed is there could be more help for new people. New orientation help and getting the new people acclimated to all there is to do there, that seems to be lacking. Otherwise, I am very pleased. They are very helpful and very nice and it is a good choice.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your mother is happy and you are finding the staff helpful and friendly. Recently we started a program called, "I Wonder Wednesdays" where new and recent community members can join a St. Therese Southwest staff member each week to ask questions and review all the services and amenities the community has to offer. We hope you will join us!

Very approachable and friendly

My experience at the St. Therese Southwest community has been very positive. They are very approachable and friendly. They are also very helpful. This is a nice community with great services.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to create a positive community experience that is welcoming and helpful to all at St.Therese Southwest. We're glad you noticed and shared your thoughts.

Long waits for assistance

They promised my father timely assistance for toileting, e.g., and yet he waits much longer. I believe that they are chronically understaffed.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for your comment. I’m sorry for your care experience. We are conscientious of the changing needs of the residents we serve. Our staffing models are designed to adapt to those changing care needs in our community. Our clinical and management team is happy to meet with you to address your concerns. Please feel free to give me a call and I would be happy to discuss with you further.

- Campus Administrator

Highly Recommended!!

We could not be more pleased with St. Therese Southwest in Hopkins. The building is beautiful and spotless!! Staff is phenomenal, the residents all look happy and are always out and about. The food is good, and the activities keep everyone very busy. I highly recommend this community for other seniors.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for your feedback, Jerri. Our team takes great pride in maintaining our building and grounds while providing a pleasant dining experience and socially engaging atmosphere. We're pleased you noticed our efforts.

Very nice place!

We are very pleased with how things have gone at St. Therese! They have a really great supportive staff, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They take great care of the people who live here!

clean place, nice staff

The place at St. Therese Southwest both looks and smells very clean. It is a very quiet and pleasant atmosphere with very friendly staff.

I would say that it is probably not the best place for seniors who are still fairly active.

Good place

Very nice place, many activities, most residents are older (average age is 83). The apartments are comfortable and the maintenance folks timely and efficient. Handy bus service with friendly driver. Average food service, occasionally very good. All in all,a good place to call home.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and noticing our community environment. We appreciate our maintenance staff who keep our building and our customers' home comfortable! Our bus drivers really enjoy their service to the community members, thanks for noticing.

My parents are adjusting nicely at st...

My parents are adjusting nicely at st. Theresa.
They are taking advantage of many of the activities offered, such as bridge, physical therapy , barbecues, boat outings, etc..
We have been very pleased so far !

Some Great, Some Aweful

Mother has been here 3+ years. Place is very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Meals uninspired and bland, though most of the wait staff (mostly young students) are cheerful and friendly. Additional services are very expensive and a very poor value. Tenants are required to pay for cable, whether used or not. Med and nursing management easily add $350 to $500 per month, for minimal service, and management (Gentle Touch) is argumentative, defensive, and need to be checked on constantly.

Scott Saffert

Thank you for noticing the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. We appreciate your feedback in the areas we can improve and have taken steps to meet the expectation. We would be happy to share our progress. Feel free to call and we can discuss.

Come see why I like it here!

This was a smart move!. What my eyes see is so important to my contentment and I was able to arrange furniture and pictures just the way I like.

EVERYONE has been friendly, staff and residents alike. I am a happy camper!

Scott Saffert

We are so pleased you are enjoying your home and you feel welcome at the community. We aim to provide you with a friendly welcome and for you to feel comfortable in your home.

Very Big, Great for Independent People

That was way too huge for my mother to negotiate. It was nice but it was huge. I didn't like they had the separation of assisted living and independent living. so you would have to move apartments if you needed more care. Also, what I didn't' like was that the hallways were dark and they smelled. The assisted living, there were a ton of wheelchairs. They had a café and a dining room but it was way too much for my mom. I think she would have gotten lost. There were many floors and many hallways but it's a beautiful facility. If you're going to live independently I think this would be a great place.

Improving

This community would be better if there were people that had more in common with me. Some departments of the community are improving and you can see the difference. The food service is one of the area improving. The food service staff seemed not to care before but since they have got a new manager they have really been shaping up. They are doing a much better job and you can tell they will continue to improve. It is a country like setting with a few garden spots where residents can request to grow a garden.

Better for older people

My sister's in the assisted living part (The Terraces). I think its the average price for assisted livings without services, they're all probably similar, but the additional charges for extra things are kind of high. RIght now we're paying alot of money and its not like shes getting extra services, they aren't walking her but it costs extra to take her to a meal or deliver the meals to her. A few times they brought her to a meal and they didn't come back and get her, they charged her for pushing her button for someone to come and take her back. She wont go to activities because they're all old people and she's only 65, the movie nights are old movies and she's not interested in those. She feels like a duck out of water because shes so much younger than the rest.

I'm feeling rather isolated...

I'm feeling rather isolated here as the residents are much older than me (many are 20 years older). Since my husband is 13 years older than me he is fitting right in.

A high choice. Would prefer slightly ...

A high choice. Would prefer slightly closer to EP.

St Therese in New Hope a wonderful pl...

St Therese in New Hope a wonderful place, but not a good fit for Mom, apt's too independent and removed for her situation. Place is not updated enough for w/c accessibility either! Activity room teeny, hallways narrow etc.

Great place - full continuum of care....

Great place - full continuum of care. The apartments were nice, assisted living very nice. Memory care was good and the day programs were great. This would be my choice if they moved.

Nice place. 2 bedroom felt large, hi...

Nice place. 2 bedroom felt large, high ceilings, decent kitchen. Catholic services all the time.

Large facility. Able to meet many di...

Large facility. Able to meet many different levels of care. Food choices good. Activities were average. Staff was involved with residents and residents knew the staff.

St. Therese Southwest is a lovely senior community located on 14 breathtaking acres. With weeping willows and walking paths, this campus provides the feeling of living in the country, with the benefit of being close to the city. With easy to understand pricing, numerous floor plans and a wide variety of amenities, there is something for everyone at St. Therese Southwest.

Our campus provides many choices of living options including: The Towers senior apartments, The Terraces assisted living, The Willows and The Ponds memory care neighborhoods.