St. Margaret Home for the Elderly II - La Habra, CA

Nice caregivers, but I wouldn't want to visit someone here

We contacted this management in April and they said they had no beds available in La Habra, they have 2 homes and said they had no beds. They only had beds in the Placentia location. In August we contacted [Removed] again and he said they still had no beds in La Habra. Something didn't sound right if you have 12 beds between 2 homes and they are full, but you only have 2 people in another city that has 6 beds.

I decided to pop in at the 2 La Habra locations. No one answered the door at the first address and it did not have a single vehicle parked in the vicinity, I walked across the street the other house and was greeted by a nice Asian man and woman.

Although they were sweet as can be I almost wanted to vomit as they must have cooked stinky Asian fish recently, if you ever smell it you won't forget it. The home was clean although very dated, I was shown a room with 2 available beds, across was a restroom that appeared to need some attention as buckets were stacked up and a chair was in front of the sink.

The man asked me how big my grandma is, I am guessing the man and woman are the caregivers. I would be concerned as they were much older and smaller then you need for the day to day work caregivers must do. My grandma is probably 85 pounds and I don't think they could safely transfer her, again they were sweet but not physically cut out for hard work caregiver do.

I also noticed there was no boxes of gloves or trash bins in any of the rooms I viewed, medical professionals sometimes change gloves 3-4 times just changing a patients bed/clothes/bathing/ touching them or equipment. The risk of transferring or spreading germs is so great most medical equipment must be covered in plastic as well as gloves worn. Even my dentist office now covers dental chairs so I am concerned when I don't see people using gloves. On my out the door I checked the visitor sign in log and found no one had completed one sign in or sign out. There was not a date on any of the visitors so if anyone is there as a resident they don't seem to have visitors and that is quite unusual.

Very good!

This is a very good facility! It is very clean and well maintained and the staff are sure to cater to my loved one's needs and requests. Though my loved one is a bit selective with his food preferences, plenty of healthy food options are offered. We felt that this was the best facility for my loved one, and we proved to be right!

nice place

My brother is currently staying there at St. Margaret Home for the Elderly. He is doing very well and it is a very nice place.

Review of St. Margaret Home for the Elderly II Residential Care Home in La Habra, CA

had an odor, a little too crowded with furniture

They are doing pretty good here.

They are doing pretty good here. They are definitely better than the place we were before. This is clean, and they pay their workers.

It was a good value compared to other places. She enjoyed the food, I would say a four. I can't think of anything they could have improved or done better. We were happy with the care she received, they did their best to accommodate her needs. We chose them based on the neighborhood, it was a nice clean neighborhood with well kept houses. I also liked that when I walked in there was a comfy home feeling, not clinical. I felt welcome there by the administrator, they were very pleasant and courteous, and listened to our concerns. It was clean and smelled clean. They maintained her dignity all the way to her last moments, it was very comforting.

Located at: 981 Flamingo Way La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 888-819-1410 St. Margaret Home for the Elderly is located in La Habra, California on Flamingo Way. This assisted living center provides daily care for seniors who need help with daily tasks. If you have been looking for a reliable facility to place your elderly parent in inside of the La Habra area, you should give St. Margaret Home for the Elderly a try. Assisted living centers, like St. Margaret Home for the Elderly, offer care and convenience for individuals who are unable to live on their own. While these seniors may not need the same around-the-clock health care that other elderly individuals require, they still need assistance with everyday activities such as bathing, dressing, or meal preparation. Our staff members have been trained to work with seniors and will be able to assist them with their daily routines. St. MargaretÆs also offers daily activities designed for active seniors so that residents of the facility can interact and socialize with each other in a safe and peaceful environment. Games, gardening and other social events are all on the schedule at this assisted living center. If you would like to find out more information about St. Margaret Home for the Elderly, you can visit their assisted living location in La Habra, or give them a call in order to speak with a friendly representative for the establishment. They will be able to provide you with detailed information on pricing, availability, scheduled tours, and additional services that are provided.